What?????s Worse Than Mentally Disturbed Teacher?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Bach
_Emeritus

What’s Worse Than Mentally Disturbed Teacher?

Post by _Bach »

For most on this board it seems everything. Who cares if our education system, falling like a failed space lab satellite internationally, has a menatal teacher teaching our children? No one here, as long as they don’t carry a gun. Ignorance doesn’t ever recognize the difference between a short term flesh wound and the long term impact of lacking intelligence.

Just pay the teachers union dues, watch math and science scores continue to fall and all will remain copasetic w liberals who have no jobs, nor make any contributions to our future. Hell, what is more impressive to them than their degrees from the University Of IPhone and a full time position posting on a message board?
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: What’s Worse Than Mentally Disturbed Teacher?

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Bach wrote:For most on this board it seems everything. Who cares if our education system, falling like a failed space lab satellite internationally, has a menatal teacher teaching our children? No one here, as long as they don’t carry a gun. Ignorance doesn’t ever recognize the difference between a short term flesh wound and the long term impact of lacking intelligence.
?

Had to quote this before it gets edited.

The irony of misspelling "mental" in a thread on how our education system is failing is really funny.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Well, you might as well talk about his entire post since he's talking about our educational system.

Bach wrote:For most on this board it seems everything <- grammar. Who cares if our education system, falling like a failed space lab satellite internationally <- grammar, has a menatal teacher teaching our children? No one here, as long as they don’t carry a gun. Ignorance doesn’t ever <- grammar recognize the difference between a short term <- grammar flesh wound and the long term <- grammar impact of lacking intelligence.

Just pay the teachers <- grammar union dues, watch math and science scores continue to fall and all will remain copasetic w <- grammar liberals who have no jobs, nor make any contributions to our future. Hell, what is more impressive to them than their degrees from the University Of IPhone and a full time <- grammar position posting on a message board?

eta: I can criticize Bach since I invested in the market to prepare for retirement, have continued to work in the private sector, and am a billionaire bitcoin speculator.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Bach wrote: Ignorance doesn’t ever recognize the difference between a short term flesh wound and the long term impact of lacking intelligence.

So getting a short term flesh wound makes you more intelligent? I'm trying to hang with you here, my brain is slipping...

But to answer your question: What's worse than a mentally disturbed teacher? A mentally disturbed teacher with a gun.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Kevin Graham wrote:Image

If Drumpf were serious about taking a bullet for the safety of our children, he'd have done it by now.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

So, that's it? Bach you're just going to start a thread in order to complain about the forum participants, make a fool of yourself, and then drop it? I get that you're dim, much in the same way deer intuitively feel nervous when humans are around, but is that it with you? Like, you sense other people are a threat to you, but you don't really possess the ability to convey that with any sort of cohesiveness? Your train of thought is akin to a fart that gurgles and bubbles its way through your intestines until is squeezes past your anus? It just makes a sound and stinks up the joint? That's all you got?

Cool.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Analytics
_Emeritus

Post by _Analytics »

Bach,

I wanted to congratulate you on your use of punctuation in this post. You didn't use a single redundant exclamation point. Good job. I'll provide some more tips so that you can continue improving.

Bach wrote:For most on this board it seems everything.

When you begin a sentence with a prepositional phrase, it is generally more clear to follow it with a comma. e.g. "For most on this board, it seems everything."

Bach wrote:Who cares if our education system, falling like a failed space lab satellite internationally...

First, for a simile to make sense, it needs to refer to something that the reader can relate to. Second, in English adverbs modify verbs, adjectives, or other adverbs, and are placed before the word they are modifying. Finally, you should hyphenate two or more words when they come before a noun they modify and act as a single idea. So perhaps you meant to say, "internationally failing like a failed space-lab satellite." But even then, if it is a failed space-lab satellite is it still failing? And what does it mean to fail internationally?

Bach wrote:...has a menatal teacher teaching our children?

"Menatal" isn't a word.

Bach wrote:No one here, as long as they don’t carry a gun. Ignorance doesn’t ever recognize the difference between a short term flesh wound and the long term impact of lacking intelligence.

You don't say anything to explain and backup your point. How do you know that most here don't care about teachers being "menatal"? Further, "ignorance" is a state of mind and as such, isn't capable of ever recognizing anything. Pointing this out doesn't backup your point.

Bach wrote:Just pay the teachers union dues...

When using the possessive form of a noun, please use an apostrophe. In this case, it would be "teachers' union."

Bach wrote:...watch math and science scores continue to fall and all will remain copasetic w liberals who have no jobs, nor make any contributions to our future.

It is interesting you didn't include English as a subject that is falling, when that is the only deficiency in the American educational system that you are demonstrating exists.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_beastie
_Emeritus

Post by _beastie »

I know some posters here believe bach is a sock puppet of LDS FAQ. Certainly the limited reasoning and undeveloped view of how the world works supports that thesis. However, Bach, even given his limitations with the written word, is still far and above what LDSFAQ could produce. I've wondered if there's some sort of program FAQ could be running his posts through to garner this modest improvement.
We hate to seem like we don’t trust every nut with a story, but there’s evidence we can point to, and dance while shouting taunting phrases.

Penn & Teller

http://www.mormonmesoamerica.com
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

beastie wrote:I've wondered if there's some sort of program FAQ could be running his posts through to garner this modest improvement.

ROTFLMAO

That made my evening.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.