Trump Being Treasonous on Television

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Being Treasonous on Television

Post by _MeDotOrg »

The other day I mentioned that Trump had said the the European Union was a foe, but Russia was a competitor. After watching the press conference today, it seems like he thinks of most of the United States as a foe, and only Russia is his friend.

I cannot for the life of me think of a rational reason for Trump's remarks today. When people first talked about the pee-pee video, I thought it was all probably b.s. But trying to fit Trump's response today into a rational U.S. foreign policy is impossible. I don't know if there is a pee-pee tape (and again, given Trump's germ phobia, I don't believe that's a party he would have enjoyed) but I do believe that somebody has something on him.

What Trump seems to be saying is that all of this happened during the Obama administration, so it's his fault. Now his attitude is let bygones be bygones (so blame Obama and exonerate Putin.

Whatever sliver of hope that people still cling to about the Presidency of Donald Trump, it is time to let go. As far as I'm concerned, what he did today emphatically marked the crossing of the Rubicon.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote: but I do believe that somebody has something on him.

Really? I believe he's a giant dumbass who forgot what the letters on his red hat stand for.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I still cannot believe what I saw and heard. The President of the United States kissing Putin's ass, throwing his own intelligence community under the bus, and raving about Hillary Clinton on the world stage.

I just cannot effing believe it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Always Changing
_Emeritus

Post by _Always Changing »

Problems with auto-correct:
In Helaman 6:39, we see the Badmintons, so similar to Skousenite Mormons, taking over the government and abusing the rights of many.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:Whatever sliver of hope that people still cling to about the Presidency of Donald Trump, it is time to let go. As far as I'm concerned, what he did today emphatically marked the crossing of the Rubicon.

I was at this point back when he encouraged Russia to hack Clinton's email during his campaign. I thought he should have been detained and questioned right then.

Anyone who didn't realize back then he couldn't give a damn about America had their head in the sand. And his base still refuses to come up for air.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Water Dog wrote:
Maksutov wrote:With Trump's actions of today, the need for the investigation is clearer than ever. Sorry you can't see anything wrong in a President throwing his people under the bus for Russia. These are your fellow Americans and often your comrades in arms. I guess you've forgotten.

Buddy, you're crossing the line with this comment. I'll just leave it at that. If you want to say anything further about my comrades in arms, I invite you to visit another forum I frequent to make your case. I'm sure you'll get lots of support.

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?p=1058737028

WD, there’s nothing unusual here. Within any community you can always find some folks who are accepting of being publicly denigrated, or even shat upon, by their boss, while proudly proclaiming, “Thank your, Sir - may I have another?!

The random stabs at self-distraction via shouts of “Podesta!!” and “emailzz!!” are pretty adorable, though.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

subgenius wrote:
canpakes wrote:Lol. Apparently Putin now just shoves his arm up Trump’s ass and works his jaws like a marionette.

Distances do not add up, try again.

Only if I had said, “dummy”.

canpakes wrote:Regardless, Trump has been known to talk out of his ass as well, so Putin has choices.

Trump is 6'-2" and Putin is 5'-7". Putin's 24" hand/arm reach won't likely travel the 35" to Trump's jaw...or the reverse.
Additionally, marionette's operate via external strings thus negating the need for "shoves up", which is how a puppet operates.
Your "behind the curtain" metaphor is as muddled as your conspiracy theory.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:Your "behind the curtain" metaphor is as muddled as your conspiracy theory.

I like the amalgam. It suits our President well. And it is still significantly less muddled than his foreign policy.

Seriously, not even you can defend what he said on stage and in front of the world yesterday.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Water Dog wrote:
Maksutov wrote:With Trump's actions of today, the need for the investigation is clearer than ever. Sorry you can't see anything wrong in a President throwing his people under the bus for Russia. These are your fellow Americans and often your comrades in arms. I guess you've forgotten.

Buddy, you're crossing the line with this comment. I'll just leave it at that. If you want to say anything further about my comrades in arms, I invite you to visit another forum I frequent to make your case. I'm sure you'll get lots of support.

http://socnet.com/showthread.php?p=1058737028

Happy to defend America. Your forum doesn't impress me any more than your sympathy for treason. Good luck with your Russian buddies. I'll say whatever I want, Dog. You can like it or lump it. I've defended you on this forum before but I won't defend this. It's disgusting and dishonorable.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Jersey Girl wrote:I still cannot believe what I saw and heard. The President of the United States kissing Putin's ass, throwing his own intelligence community under the bus, and raving about Hillary Clinton on the world stage.

I just cannot effing believe it.

You should first ask yourself, "what do i know about this Russia hacking and how do i know it"?

Most likely you know things, like the intelligence community, based upon "evidence", correct?
So what is the evidence that you know about?...the point source is the DNC server...and that "evidence" was not collected by the intelligence community, it was collected by a private firm that was hired by the DNC, and the DNC shared that evidence with the FBI while refusing to allow the FBI to inspect the DNC server.

So, now ask yourself again, "what do i know about this Russia hacking and how do i know it"?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent