Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Gunnar wrote:I have followed Schmo's posting history at least as long as I have yours, and, overall, I have found him more stable and more consistently rational than you, and more open to the possibility that he might be mistaken and have to reconsider his position and apologize when respectfully shown sufficient justification for doing so.

Oh. You would neeeevvver say that about me. No, it'd be something like--I've been reading Jersey's post since the moment she blew onto the Internet. Girl's nuts. Stay away from her!

That's okay, Gunnar. I see how it is.

:lol:

:lol: Indeed. You know I feel the same way about you. You're just fishing for reassurance! :wink:
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:Wow, I didn't realize until the last few posts on this thread you were the same person as some Schmo!, no wonder I admired and resonated so well with "Perfume on my Mind's" posts!. I should have recognized your writing style.

Yeah, I lost a bet to Markk, so I have to wear this avatar for a year (I'll be changing back next March).

I'm kind of getting used to the name, even though no one could come up with something less true about me.

So, it's ironic. It's like giving a fat guy the nickname Tiny.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Oh. You would neeeevvver say that about me. No, it'd be something like--I've been reading Jersey's post since the moment she blew onto the Internet. Girl's nuts. Stay away from her!

That's okay, Gunnar. I see how it is.

:lol:

:lol: Indeed. You know I feel the same way about you. You're just fishing for reassurance! :wink:

Yeah and I caught somethin' too, didn't I?

:cool:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Alleged QAnon-inspired murderer was obsessed with Fox News

A man facing charges for allegedly carrying out a QAnon-inspired killing also appears to have had his worldview significantly shaped by Fox News, as is evident from his social media account.

On March 13, Anthony Comello allegedly shot and killed Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali in Staten Island, NY. Cali was reportedly a member of the Gambino crime family. During a court appearance following his arrest, Comello was photographed with a “Q” on his hand, a reference to the QAnon conspiracy theory.

The New York Times followed up on this angle in a July 21 article, reporting that Comello’s lawyer claimed “Comello had become convinced that Mr. Cali was part of the so-called deep state, a cabal of criminals that conspiracy theorists claim controls the United States government.” The Times reported that Comello’s attorney says the murder was carried out because Comello “believed he was a chosen vigilante of President [Donald] Trump.”

The Times reported that court filings list the handle of Comello’s Instagram account and that Comello was “posting and sharing conspiracy theories online that are associated with the far-right.” According to the paper, Comello was “engaging with other QAnon believers on the internet”:

Mr. Gottlieb identified one of Mr. Comello’s accounts, RealAmericasVoice_ on Instagram, in his filing. The page has dozens of memes and written screeds, some that are difficult to decipher, including several posted days before Mr. Cali’s death.

One post accuses Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Democrat of California, of being a fascist. “Patriot sleeper cells are awake,” he wrote in another. Yet another refers to Bill and Hillary Clinton as “The Clinton Crime Family.”

What the Times declined to include in its reporting is that in addition to posting conspiracy theories, the RealAmericasVoice_ Instagram account heavily focused on promoting Fox News. For example, the post about “The Clinton Crime Family” referenced by the Times shows that the Comello’s claim was partly sourced from Fox News host Sean Hannity:

https://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/sta ... annity.jpg

Hannity’s conspiratorial “Clinton Crime Family” claims are an area where Fox News programming overlaps with the QAnon conspiracy theory -- both push the notion that Trump is waging war against a “deep state” operated by criminal elites.

In the months leading up to the killing, Comello frequently made posts on Instagram with videos or photos of his TV playing Fox News. In another post, Comello praised Hannity for “spreading the truth” and wrote that “the real news is @foxnews”:

https://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/sta ... nnity2.jpg

On October 18, Comello posted a screenshot of a video from Fox News host Tucker Carlson and wrote that Fox News is his “favorite network.” Comello’s post tagged and praised the network alongside Hannity, Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox & Friends, Fox Business Network, Fox Nation:

https://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/sta ... rlson4.jpg

Comello uploaded a video of Carlson’s show on November 15 and wrote, “Now that right there is a news monologue”:

https://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/sta ... arlson.jpg

Comello, who would later use a gun to shoot his victim, praised Carlson multiple times for attacking gun violence prevention laws. He also praised the NRA in one of those posts.

On January 5, Comello uploaded a video of Fox News host Jeanine Pirro attacking Rep. Rhasida Tlaib (D-MI) on her Fox News show. In a comment, Comello told Tlaib to “go back to Iran”:
_Gray Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Gray Ghost »

As I said before, lots of violence and terrorism coming from Trump supporters. It's a combination of low IQ, high aggression, low impulse control, high gullibility, and an overall disdain for American values.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Good thing White Supremacism thing is just a hoax...

Armed Trump supporter detained with gun and knife outside immigrant centre in El Paso

An armed Trump supporter sparked a security alert at an immigrant community centre in El Paso after he was spotted brandishing a knife and a gun outside.

Thomas Bartram, 21, was reported to police by staff who noticed him parked in front of the building in a truck plastered with the image of the US president dressed up as Rambo.

“He was outside the building acting strange, making threatening comments to volunteers outside because he saw that we had an anti-Trump sign on our window,” said community organiser Ana Tiffany Deveze.

Ms Deveze, 31, said: “While we waited I peeked out the window to see if I could see what he was doing in the truck and that’s when I saw that he had put on blue latex gloves and he had a pretty big knife in his hand.”

As they attempted to warn their neighbours, two women ran past “screaming that there was a man with a gun out front,” she added.

Officers from the El Paso police department arrived moments later and detained him next to his truck.

Photographs and video footage posted online showed Mr Bartram being handcuffed while still wearing the latex gloves.

He was questioned by officers for two hours but was released after they decided he had not committed any criminal offence.

Check out the Trump Truck he was driving.

Meanwhile...

Man accused of yelling ‘n-word’ while trying to pull gun on black woman pleads not guilty

ALLIANCE, Ohio (WOIO) - The man wanted for yelling the “n-word” and “white power” after crashing into a woman’s car pleaded not guilty to all charges today in his arraignment.

Johnathan Hydock, 26, hurled racial slurs toward Jolean Dailey, a black woman, after a car accident on West State Street. Haydock also yelled “white power” while reaching for a firearm.

“When I went to go and record him, that’s the first time someone said something like that to me or my life was threatened,” Dailey said.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Montana boy, 13, slammed to ground at rodeo after keeping hat on during national anthem

This could have damn near killed him.

"A 39-year-old man was arrested after the incident while the boy suffered injuries serious enough that he had to be airlifted to a hospital out of state."
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Man to serve 4 months for punching anti-Trump protester outside Downtown rally

Police: Dallas Frazier, then 29, attacked Mike Alter, 61

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/man-con ... nati-rally

Another man attacks Trump protesters with bear spray.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... alifornia/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng- ... s-database
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/n ... ?id=250564

During this event, metal-tipped umbrellas were used to jab toward people and chase them down the street, and objects (including rocks, concrete, batons, cans, and food) were thrown at community members and police. There were at least two community members who were targeted by individuals with pepper spray. These community members were provided treatment by Portland Fire and Rescue medics assigned to the PPB Rapid Response Team (RRT) and assisted from the scene.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/news/read.cfm?id=250564

During this event, metal-tipped umbrellas were used to jab toward people and chase them down the street, and objects (including rocks, concrete, batons, cans, and food) were thrown at community members and police. There were at least two community members who were targeted by individuals with pepper spray. These community members were provided treatment by Portland Fire and Rescue medics assigned to the PPB Rapid Response Team (RRT) and assisted from the scene.

- Doc

Weird that Antifa is considered "Left-Wing" simply because they're opposed to White Supremacists and Fascism. And it seems like every time these idiots get caught in a public spat - never resulting in deaths - its in response to something like a KKK rally, such as the case above.

Here is a video clip of some kid looking to make a name for himself on social media by confronting the entire crowd of antifa, whose leaders in the front are urging him to just walk away: https://Twitter.com/MrOlmos/status/1226 ... 92736?s=20