Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jesus Christ, Icarus. Do you need an interpreter when you go to a comedy club?

Whatever the case may be, that’s what it sounds like with Leftists claiming Rightists are the ones doing the violence and encouraging the looting. It’s absolutely bananas that narrative is being pushed because we have video that states otherwise. Are there a small portion of right-wing false flag agitators at these things? Sure. Why not. Are 99% of violent incidents, attacks, graffiti, looting, and hostility being perpetrated by Leftists and left-leaning types, opportunists and degenerates? Absolutely.* To say otherwise makes you a a partisan hack or you have your head so far up your own ass talking crap takes on a literalness.

* Watching the highly covered violent ‘protest’ here, with tv crews literally amongst the crowd, if you were to count every single item thrown at the cops, every single time the ‘protesters’ screamed in a cop’s face, pushed a cop, broke something, attacked a bystander, spray painted something, and various other infractions it’d number in the thousands. And yet Icarus would have us believe iTs ThE cOnSerVatIvEs dOinG tHis. He exists in a bizarro mirror universe where he swallows so much BS it makes you believe in miracles because he somehow made it out of the Mormon cult.

- Doc
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:30 pm
* Watching the highly covered violent ‘protest’ here, with tv crews literally amongst the crowd, if you were to count every single item thrown at the cops, every single time the ‘protesters’ screamed in a cop’s face, pushed a cop, broke something, attacked a bystander, spray painted something, and various other infractions it’d number in the thousands. And yet Icarus would have us believe iTs ThE cOnSerVatIvEs dOinG tHis. He exists in a bizarro mirror universe where he swallows so much BS it makes you believe in miracles because he somehow made it out of the Mormon cult.
damned nonsense.

You don't have a damned clue who's doing what. You are entirely guilty of what you're criticizing Icarus for.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:18 pm

____ nonsense.

You don't have a ____ clue who's doing what. You are entirely guilty of what you're criticizing Icarus for.
Yep, DOC's greatest quality is his ability to engage in outright projection at a comedic level. Virtually everything he's accusing me of, he's actually doing. This is the same idiot who said I was a communist yesterday while I was seeking acceptance from Antifa people.

What the ever living “F”?

All of this he managed to deduce from nothing more than me pointing out fake ANTIFA accounts. It stands to reason that if people need to create ANTIFA accounts under false pretenses then ANTIFA certainly isn't doing enough to justify all the attention people like Hannity, Carlson and Doc keep giving them.

Is it unreasonable to require some semblance of proof before declaring a group that isn't really a group a "terrorist" group?

And no, I never said every infraction against Cops was from Conservatives. This is just another example of Doc's brain being unable to process nuance. Me pointing out fake ANTIFA accounts in an attempt to justify the Right Wing's desire to focus on the Left as the culprit, isn't me trying to say every infraction is by Republicans. Holy crap this dude is damned stupid.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Another white supremacist posing as an instigator was arrested here in SLC:

“Roger Nuankdo Dyujay, 21, of Salt Lake City, was arrested about 9 p.m. Monday for investigation of aggravated assault, carrying a concealed weapon and failing to disperse. Dyujay was with a crowd of protesters at 400 South and 300 East.

As the crowd moved north on 300 East, Dyujay “began to strike the ground with a golf club” and then “threw a water bottle and rocks, hitting officers on the crowd control line. (He) was yelling and inciting the crowd to not follow orders to disperse,” according to a police booking affidavit.

Dyujay ran off, and then got into a car and tried to drive away but was stopped by police. He then ran to a nearby parking structure where he was arrested. Officers found a loaded .380 handgun in Dyujay’s pocket.”

So. Many. Molon Labe 3%’ers posing as revolutionaries at this totally peaceful protest. Clever!

- Doc
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Drew Brees, a paragon of equanimity and good works is outed as a hateful bigot because he dared share a supremacist opinion:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/292 ... cting-flag

In response to his statement that he doesn’t stand for people disrespecting the flag he further elaborated:

"I love and respect my teammates, and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice," Brees said. "I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis."

He was promptly told to shut the “F” up by hateful white supremacist posing as NFL player Malcolm Jenkins. I’d recommend reading the article to see with your own eyes how a man can’t have a nuanced position lest he is attacked by 3%’ers for his opinion.

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

I don't think anyone really believes all the violence is caused by outsiders. In the beginning this was the theme in right wing media which started out with the conspiracy theory that the protests were really isolated local events in Minneapolis and the only reason they were getting bigger was due to George Soros sending in protesters by the bus loads.

But that pet theory soon died out when it became obvious that these protests were happening in virtually every town across America. So, why bus people from Alabama to Minneapolis when there is a protest happening in Montgomery and Birmingham? It didn't make sense, so they had to figure out another way to blame anything other than the systemic racism in our justice system.

So they immediately adopted the new "ANTIFA is to blame" narrative and our idiot President made a bug deal about it saying it is declared a terrorist organization. To this day I haven't seen any unambiguous video footage where a self-identified ANTIFA person is setting fire to something anywhere. All I've seen is one isolated kid on the street in Portland who is likely ANTIFA (based on geography) calling a cop a "damned pig" during a FOX News segment. That's not even proof of violence, let alone violence during a protest. There are however dozens of video of violence, most of them involving local minorities but the only video's I've seen of people actually STARTING the vandalism have been from mysterious white characters who seem to be out of place. I've seen several clips of protesters attacking and beating up these shady individuals because they don't want their message to be misunderstood as violence. I suppose it is possible that some of these are indeed ANTIFA folks, but that's just an assumption that plays into the Right Wing's desperate attempts to spin the narrative away from racial injustice and back into a zone where they feel much more at home: blaming "the left" for every damned bad thing that happens.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 pm
Drew Brees, a paragon of equanimity and good works is outed as a hateful bigot because he dared share a supremacist opinion:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/292 ... cting-flag

In response to his statement that he doesn’t stand for people disrespecting the flag he further elaborated:

"I love and respect my teammates, and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice," Brees said. "I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis."

He was promptly told to shut the ____ up by hateful white supremacist posing as NFL player Malcolm Jenkins. I’d recommend reading the article to see with your own eyes how a man can’t have a nuanced position lest he is attacked by 3%’ers for his opinion.

- Doc
Well there is a context to that which you conveniently left out to make the black guy sound like an unhinged moron.

Jenkins actually offered more than an expletive:

"Our communities are under siege and we need help. And what you're telling us is don't ask for help that way, ask for it a different way. I can't listen to it when you ask that way. We're done asking, Drew. And people who share your sentiments, who express those, and push them throughout the world, the airwaves, are the problem. And it's unfortunate because I considered you a friend. I looked up to you. You're somebody who I had a great deal of respect for. But sometimes you should shut the f--- up."

On Twitter, James said kneeling during the national anthem has "nothing to do with the disrespect of [the United States flag] and our soldiers."

And Jenkins is correct. It has nothing to do with disrespecting soldiers. Anyone who insists that it has to be the case is just a damned moron.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Sigh... Insane Leftist gon’ miss the point by a country mile. Whattyagonnado.

- Doc
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Rightwingers are now posing as anarcho-leftist-libertarian-revolutionary-cooperative-whatevers:

https://mobile.Twitter.com/laralogan/st ... 33/photo/1

And they’re making it appear that the above is trying to appropriate protests against police brutality toward black people in order to instigate a civil war. DO NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES. THE LEFT IS NOT DOING THIS. IT’S THE RIGHT POSING AS THE LEFT.

See how absolutely damned retarded that sounds? That’s what Kevin is doing by pushing this broad brush lie by partisans. It’s a dumb ploy to deflect attention away from the people who used this protest to push their revolution, destroy crap because they want to destroy crap, or just straight steal because they’re pieces of crap.

ANYWAY.

It’d be nice if we could actually stay grounded in reality and not let the protests get out of hand any more than they have already.

- Doc
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Kneeling during the national anthem doesn't disrespect the flag or soldiers. And the idea that that standing for the national anthem has to be a symbolic support of American military (with kneeling therefore rejecting it) is the kind of nationalistic nonsense that helps drive the present moment.