Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I happen to share your opinion, but the reaction to Drew Brees’ opinion was over the top and dramatic. If respect and understanding is demanded, then it ought to be given, too.

- Doc
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hey Doc I found this thread bookmarked on one of my older PCs, maybe you can find something about defunding the police here.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:51 pm
Hey Doc I found this thread bookmarked on one of my older PCs, maybe you can find something about defunding the police here.
Veritas, please do not resurrect old threads unless you have substantive content to add.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:00 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:51 pm
Veritas, please do not resurrect old threads unless you have substantive content to add.
Wtf? It was for Docs benefit. He was trying to dig up old threads about Dtp.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I forgot. Was this:

A right-wing’er posing as a far-Leftist to make Leftists look bad? :lol:
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:59 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:00 pm
Then post a link in the existing thread. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that the thread was started in the year before DTP became a thing and just happens to contain posts critical of Doc.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:53 am
Vēritās wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:59 am
Then post a link in the existing thread. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that the thread was started in the year before DTP became a thing and just happens to contain posts critical of Doc.
Oh, so that's what this is about?

Honestly, I didn't open the thread beyond the first page and saw posts that appeared to relate to what Doc was searching for. If that is the thread where he and I got into it, then I didn't realize it until you just brought it up. That must be somewhere deeper into the thread. Your memory is clearly much better than mine.

In any event, Doc and I have since made amends over our past scuffles and I assume we're both on good terms as it is now. For what reason would I intentionally bring all that crap up? Last I remember most of it was redacted out anyway.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:00 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:53 am

Oh, so that's what this is about?

Honestly, I didn't open the thread beyond the first page and saw posts that appeared to relate to what Doc was searching for. If that is the thread where he and I got into it, then I didn't realize it until you just brought it up. That must be somewhere deeper into the thread. Your memory is clearly much better than mine.

In any event, Doc and I have since made amends over our past scuffles and I assume we're both on good terms as it is now. For what reason would I intentionally bring all that crap up? Last I remember most of it was redacted out anyway.
No, "this" was about a simple request that Shades and the moderators have made a number of times: don't "necro" a dead thread unless you have something to add to it.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

So what's with all that snooty commentary suggesting I had an ulterior motive other than what I stated? Not cool.

And no, I've never seen Shades request this (not saying he hasn't, only that I'm unaware of it). Maybe you guys should include it in the official rules list? It makes no sense why we archive threads at all if people are going to get triggered whenever someone bumps them. If the content is truly that bad why not just delete them entirely? I'd be OK with that.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I like it when people bump an old thread. Sometimes it’s a nice blast from the past, you can see old posters, and provides a good review of a topic that was being hashed out.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.