Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Right Wing Violence - Media not accountable

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Oh. So when he described his own posting tactics did he mention making obscene remarks about family members who are fighting for their lives?

Did he likewise mention how bf stupid it makes him look?

As far as I can recall, not specifically.

Yeah. I just said screw this. Screw this.

Again.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

I think “screw this” is about right.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:I can't help but have a growing impression from reading this thread that Doc Cam is approaching Ajax's level of irrationality. I find that quite dismaying, considering that on other subjects he has said things that I find quite admirable.

I've thought for quite some time now that when Doc is sensible, he's plagiarizing/paraphrasing someone else. When he talks like a loon, he's being himself.

There's no point talking to him. He's the mental patient on the corner you cross the street to avoid.

You're a nice guy trying to see him in the most optimistic light for so long, but it doesn't surprise me the truth has finally broken through your optimism.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I'll start worrying about our resident mental patients when they start getting help themselves. For example here is just one, small, tiny little example of Some Schmo's long and acutely totes healthy posting history:

Perfume on my Mind wrote:
Coggins7 wrote:Perhaps this is all true, perhaps not. The fact remains that nothing you've posted thus far is intellectually serious or philosophically substantive. Your posing as someone who understands certain philosophical concepts, and yet, where's the evidence of that? In your rant against the church to which I responded (and which you ignored)?

No. Nothing yet.

Forgive me for not giving a damn what your opinion of me is in matters of intellectualism or philosophy. You think I'm an idiot, I think you're an idiot, so what's the point of engaging in conversation? It's not worth the effort to try to reason with the mentally handicapped, so I won't be attempting that with you. It's more fun to simply dismiss the things you write, given your penchant for being an ignorant (in the true sense of the word) dickhead (in the true sense of the word).

You can literally just click on any of his 640+ pages of posting history and get this over and over and over again. But, yeah, he's super stable. :rolleyes:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I'll start worrying about our resident mental patients when they start getting help themselves. For example here is just one, small, tiny little example of Some Schmo's long and acutely totes healthy posting history:

Yeah, that's not desperate. :rolleyes: The guy's got 13K posts if you're gonna repost them all you best get ta gettin' over there.

:lol:
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:I'll start worrying about our resident mental patients when they start getting help themselves. For example here is just one, small, tiny little example of Some Schmo's long and acutely totes healthy posting history:

Coggins7 wrote:Perhaps this is all true, perhaps not. The fact remains that nothing you've posted thus far is intellectually serious or philosophically substantive. Your posing as someone who understands certain philosophical concepts, and yet, where's the evidence of that? In your rant against the church to which I responded (and which you ignored)?

No. Nothing yet.

Forgive me for not giving a damn what your opinion of me is in matters of intellectualism or philosophy. You think I'm an idiot, I think you're an idiot, so what's the point of engaging in conversation? It's not worth the effort to try to reason with the mentally handicapped, so I won't be attempting that with you. It's more fun to simply dismiss the things you write, given your penchant for being an ignorant (in the true sense of the word) dickhead (in the true sense of the word).

Perfume on my Mind wrote:You can literally just click on any of his 640+ pages of posting history and get this over and over and over again. But, yeah, he's super stable. :rolleyes:

- Doc

I have followed Schmo's posting history at least as long as I have yours, and, overall, I have found him more stable and more consistently rational than you, and more open to the possibility that he might be mistaken and have to reconsider his position and apologize when respectfully shown sufficient justification for doing so.

The example you cited above, without the context of what went on before and after, without knowledge of the particular subject at hand, nor the respective positions taken by either of the parties involved, tells me nothing about the rationality or irrationality of either Schmo or his opponent, though, personally, I would not have used such intemperate language, whatever the subject.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:The example you cited above, without the context of what went on before and after, without knowledge of the particular subject at hand, nor the respective positions taken by either of the parties involved, tells me nothing about the rationality or irrationality of either Schmo or his opponent, though, personally, I would not have used such intemperate language, whatever the subject.

Yeah, sometimes, I'm more colorful than other times. Droopy had a way of bringing that out in people.

I sort of remember that post, but I'll say now that it is a decent summary of my regard for "Coggins7," who's out of the same bin as subgenius and doc.

by the way, if my sanity is in question, good. I question everyone's sanity. It just makes sense.
Last edited by Alf'Omega on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:I have followed Schmo's posting history at least as long as I have yours, and, overall, I have found him more stable and more consistently rational than you, and more open to the possibility that he might be mistaken and have to reconsider his position and apologize when respectfully shown sufficient justification for doing so.

Oh. You would neeeevvver say that about me. No, it'd be something like--I've been reading Jersey's post since the moment she blew onto the Internet. Girl's nuts. Stay away from her!

That's okay, Gunnar. I see how it is.

:lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Wow, I didn't realize until the last few posts on this thread you were the same person as some Schmo!, no wonder I admired and resonated so well with "Perfume on my Mind's" posts!. I should have recognized your writing style.

Gunnar wrote:I can't help but have a growing impression from reading this thread that Doc Cam is approaching Ajax's level of irrationality. I find that quite dismaying, considering that on other subjects he has said things that I find quite admirable.

I've thought for quite some time now that when Doc is sensible, he's plagiarizing/paraphrasing someone else.

Perhaps so, but I don't think that is necessarily the case. We all sometimes mirror and base our opinions on what others have said that we find reasonable and admirable.

When he talks like a loon, he's being himself.

More likely, perhaps, or maybe it's just him trying to be humorous.

There's no point talking to him. He's the mental patient on the corner you cross the street to avoid.

:lol: This reminds me of a neighbor we used to have, an obvious schizophrenic, who lived across the street a few houses west of us and who was often seen and heard on his porch arguing loudly and obscenely with an imaginary opponent, whom he was always accusing of being a f******** liar who never told the truth. Not that I am saying or implying that DocCam is a schizophrenic, by the way. I don't believe that is the case.

You're a nice guy trying to see him in the most optimistic light for so long, but it doesn't surprise me the truth has finally broken through your optimism.

Thanks for that endorsement. You know I like you too! :smile:
Last edited by Guest on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Gunnar wrote:The example you cited above, without the context of what went on before and after, without knowledge of the particular subject at hand, nor the respective positions taken by either of the parties involved, tells me nothing about the rationality or irrationality of either Schmo or his opponent, though, personally, I would not have used such intemperate language, whatever the subject.

Yeah, sometimes, I'm more colorful than other times. Droopy had a way of bringing that out in people.

I sort of remember that post, but I'll say now that it is a decent summary of my regard for "Coggins7," who's out of the same bin as subgenius and and doc.

by the way, if my sanity is in question, good. I question everyone's sanity. It just makes sense.

I understand. I have my lapses too!

― Harlan Ellison