Dr. Shades's INCREDIBLE Perfume experiences, a 4-part saga

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Dr. Shades's INCREDIBLE Perfume experiences, a 4-part sa

Post by _Res Ipsa »

That was awesome, Shades. What a great experience!
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Folks, I'd like to thank you all for your support, encouragement, and kind words in this thread. They are AWESOME!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Dr. Shades wrote:Folks, I'd like to thank you all for your support, encouragement, and kind words in this thread. They are AWESOME!

Shades, in all sincerity can I ask a couple of questions, that violate no rules of this board, without either you nor EA showing bias?

First, can we agree that “Perfume” is at least some sort of an acquired taste? I for one, in my admitted limited exposure to all things significant, have never heard of them. But in a previous attempt to post what I thought a striking comparison (after listening to them) to a similar sound, that has generated $billions and has several Billboard Top 100 songs, it seemed flattering comparison violated your Rule 11(?). Still have no idea how it was a “disparaging” comment if you also believe believe these gals have the same type of potential and world wide appeal. Why not embrace and have your personal taste compared to a recognized worldwide artist that has actually made its entertainment mark forever? While I ask the question: “Would love to hear your response” -

Second, am significant investor in The brewery in San Jose. Up there all the time. It’s in Japan town! The concert never made waves in the neighborhood (ask the folks at Kubota) nor, best I can tell, even in the reviews of the SJMN. But that’s not important for start up talent. It was, after all, held at one of the smallest venues in SJ. Think it’s less than 3000 seats. Been there several times.

Finally: WHY ARE YOU THANKING PEOPLE FOR SUPPORTING YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCES AND TASTES????? Look, I post on this board knowing it’s bias from you, EA, et al. But I’m a big boy and stand by convictions, at least when you let them be posted! So why pander to only those who agree with you in a most patronizing manner? Please explain.

Knowing the bias you have for free speech here, I get you will never let an objective opinion be posted. But if we assume you you have all this “perfume” loyalty, why not let this post go through and again, let me be the target for the arrows?

If you find any rules this violates any rules, post it in prison or darkness?
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Perfume has a response for you, Bach:

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Bach’s been A-Channed.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Bach wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:Folks, I'd like to thank you all for your support, encouragement, and kind words in this thread. They are AWESOME!

Shades, in all sincerity can I ask a couple of questions, that violate no rules of this board, without either you nor EA showing bias?

First, can we agree that “Perfume” is at least some sort of an acquired taste? I for one, in my admitted limited exposure to all things significant, have never heard of them. But in a previous attempt to post what I thought a striking comparison (after listening to them) to a similar sound, that has generated $billions and has several Billboard Top 100 songs, it seemed flattering comparison violated your Rule 11(?). Still have no idea how it was a “disparaging” comment if you also believe believe these gals have the same type of potential and world wide appeal. Why not embrace and have your personal taste compared to a recognized worldwide artist that has actually made its entertainment mark forever? While I ask the question: “Would love to hear your response” -

Second, am significant investor in The brewery in San Jose. Up there all the time. It’s in Japan town! The concert never made waves in the neighborhood (ask the folks at Kubota) nor, best I can tell, even in the reviews of the SJMN. But that’s not important for start up talent. It was, after all, held at one of the smallest venues in SJ. Think it’s less than 3000 seats. Been there several times.

Finally: WHY ARE YOU THANKING PEOPLE FOR SUPPORTING YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCES AND TASTES????? Look, I post on this board knowing it’s bias from you, EA, et al. But I’m a big boy and stand by convictions, at least when you let them be posted! So why pander to only those who agree with you in a most patronizing manner? Please explain.

Knowing the bias you have for free speech here, I get you will never let an objective opinion be posted. But if we assume you you have all this “perfume” loyalty, why not let this post go through and again, let me be the target for the arrows?

If you find any rules this violates any rules, post it in prison or darkness?

Now that this has been taken care of...
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Oh you are very welcome! I love it whenever someone gets their transcendent experience! The energy in your posts was contagious and I loved every second of reading them even when I gave you a hard time for a moment there but only because it was hard for me to wait!

I had some chocolate bunny left until earlier today when I polished off the feet.

:lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I can't believe it's possible to make a chocolate bunny last more than a day.

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:I can't believe it's possible to make a chocolate bunny last more than a day.

Oh. If you were my chocolate bunny, you would live a relatively long life.

Until it snowed.
:lol:
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Dr. Shades wrote:In the meantime, Perfume had walked behind me and hunkered down in the corner, sitting on the floor in a circle with three or so of their staff members and/or stage crew. They were playing some sort of game that I never did figure out, laughing and having a good time:

SUCCESS!

Thanks to their weekly "Perfume Locks" radio show, some kind YouTube commenters identified the game they were playing: "Toddles-Bobbles." It's a word memorization / recall card game. See its description, etc. at:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/191 ... es-bobbles

--Louis Midgley