Dr. Shades's INCREDIBLE Perfume experiences, a 4-part saga

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: Dr. Shades's INCREDIBLE Perfume experiences, a 4-part sa

Post by _Gadianton »

You'll never believe this, Shades, on the way through my community gate an hour ago, I was stuck behind an SUV with a license plate that read --- ?

You guessed it.

Could there be a link? I will keep my eye out for the vehicle and try for a chance run-in.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Awesome, PLEASE DO!

Would you be so kind as to attempt to ask the driver him or herself what the meaning is, if possible?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

that was the plan if I can find the vehicle. I'd ask them outright if it refers to the J-pop band.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Awesome, PLEASE DO!

Would you be so kind as to attempt to ask the driver him or herself what the meaning is, if possible?

Would it be possible and/or permissible for an out of state cop to run the plates?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Would it be possible and/or permissible for an out of state cop to run the plates?

Ha ha, nope. The system can only be used for legitimate law enforcement purposes, not idle curiosity.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Would it be possible and/or permissible for an out of state cop to run the plates?

Ha ha, nope. The system can only be used for legitimate law enforcement purposes, not idle curiosity.

But what if Gad noticed the vehicle made a turn without using their signal or something?

Okay, that's a stretch. But still...
:lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Dr. Shades's INCREDIBLE Perfume experiences, a 4-part saga

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Well Perfume lovers, it was one year ago last night (Friday) that the magical, unforgettable Perfume concert was put on in my hometown of San Jose, California, and in which I was in attendance. It was, and still is, a night to remember. What euphoria!

Here's a guy who vloged about the event and even put in some representative clips for us. As you watch, keep in mind that I was down there, dead center, one person away from the front:
Another person who was much closer to me captured some footage, too. Here's a clip from the song "Butterfly," one of my favorites, during which Perfume showed off their technological acumen:
From yet another videographer elsewhere, Here's the woman who beat me out to get to translate for them:
Later, A-chan leads the crowd in a cheer:
And here they are saying goodbye as the closing credits roll. Hearing A-chan speak English is adorable:
The whole thing was like a dream. It felt like an out-of-body experience. I can hardly believe I was there.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Perfume is definitely the band that rocks this board. Dr. Shades' enthusiasm is contagious.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I admire his passion for this genre of music, unironically. I haven’t been hyped about music for a long time, although I’m currently into Tame Impala and a few other low key alt rock acts that cycle through my preferred Pandora channel.

- Doc
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Thanks, Doc. Seriously, everything about this band is just so perfect. Their music itself, first and foremost; the cuteness and adorability of the members, the sweetness of their personalities, the laser-like precision of their choreography, their spare-no-expenses integration of technology, plus the fact that the band just feels so totally legitimate because they formed in sixth grade when they were only 11, of their own accord and minus any big label intervention, and legitimately fought and scraped their way to the top, putting in ALL of the required grunt work for years and years beforehand. . . Perfume is, quite simply, the entire package. NOTHING is, or ever was, half-assed.