Trump's Dumbest Comments Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's Dumbest Comments Thread

Post by _Jersey Girl »

When I looked down that Twitter feed, this immediately caught my eye. I'll post it on the other thread but here. Thank god for Carlin!

NSFW

America Wake Up - George Carlin - Pattern Integrity Films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxZZt4EAKSQ
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

It's just so incredibly astounding that after nearly four years of our Turd Monster in Chief lying through his teeth, like, not even trying to hide it lying through his teeth, it never dawned on our local yokels that Trump is lying to them, too. He. Doesn't. Care. About. Them. Debt is sky rocketing because the GOP can't manage to find their balls with regard to wearing masks, Americans are dying at absurd rates, no leadership to be found on domestic unrest, so on and so forth. But hey, Trump threw some brown kids in jail for illegally crossing the border so that's a big vote from Xanax18.

Smh.

- Doc
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

You have no idea how finding that Carlin piece made my day. Why? It proves the timeless genius of George Carlin. Because some truths are self evident, all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others, and the love of money is the root of all evil.

And here we are.

America Wake Up!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:45 pm
Trump openly lying to his constituents again:

https://mobile.Twitter.com/HKrassenstei ... 0153249793

It's dumb, I suppose, because it's just so goddamn transparent and egregious.

- Doc
I would bet that the real reason Trump doesn't want to throw the first ball at the baseball game is that he knows this will happen again: President Trump met with boos and 'lock him up' chants at World Series game. He doesn't want to risk suffering another humiliation like that.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 am
I would bet that the real reason Trump doesn't want to throw the first ball at the baseball game is that he knows this will happen again: President Trump met with boos and 'lock him up' chants at World Series game. He doesn't want to risk suffering another humiliation like that.
Yup. there is that, certainly, especially New York, where he is widely disliked. His excuse is, of course, that he is busy doing important stuff:
Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the @Yankees on August 15th. We will make it later in the season!
But I bet he will be seen on a golf course within 72 hours of the scheduled time of that game ...

As for reasons, quite apart from the very likely booing, there have been suggestions that he may no longer be physically capable of pitching the ball in any manner that will not be obviously ridiculous.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

He was already on the golf course with ex-NFL quarterback Brett Favre.

- Doc
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Chap wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:48 am
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 am
Yup. there is that, certainly, especially New York, where he is widely disliked. His excuse is, of course, that he is busy doing important stuff:
Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the @Yankees on August 15th. We will make it later in the season!
But I bet he will be seen on a golf course within 72 hours of the scheduled time of that game ...

As for reasons, quite apart from the very likely booing, there have been suggestions that he may no longer be physically capable of pitching the ball in any manner that will not be obviously ridiculous.
Oh dear. Turns our that Trump was not even invited to pitch at the Yankees game. He just made it up because he was jealous of Fauci pitching in Washington ...

Trump Announced, Then Canceled, a Yankees Pitch. Both Came as a Surprise.
The president’s announcement that he would pitch at Yankee Stadium on Aug. 15 startled the team’s officials, who had not scheduled such an event.

July 27, 2020

WASHINGTON — An hour before Dr. Anthony S. Fauci threw the first pitch at the season opener between the New York Yankees and the Washington Nationals, President Trump stood on the briefing room stage at the White House and declared that he, too, had been invited to throw out his own opening pitch.

“Randy Levine is a great friend of mine from the Yankees,” Mr. Trump, referring to the president of the baseball team, told reporters on Thursday as Dr. Fauci was preparing to take the mound. “And he asked me to throw out the first pitch, and I think I’m doing that on Aug. 15 at Yankee Stadium.”

There was one problem: Mr. Trump had not actually been invited on that day by the Yankees, according to one person with knowledge of Mr. Trump’s schedule. His announcement surprised both Yankees officials and the White House staff.

But Mr. Trump had been so annoyed by Dr. Fauci’s turn in the limelight, an official familiar with his reaction said, that he had directed his aides to call Yankees officials and make good on a longtime standing offer from Mr. Levine to throw out an opening pitch. No date was ever finalized.

After the president’s announcement, White House aides scrambled to let the team know that he was actually booked on Aug. 15, although they have not said what he plans to do. Over the weekend, Mr. Trump officially canceled.

“Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the @Yankees on August 15,” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter on Sunday, using a racist name for the coronavirus. “We will make it later in the season!”

And so continues the tense relationship between Mr. Trump, a president who hates sharing media attention, and Dr. Fauci, a renowned infectious disease expert who doesn’t mind the spotlight. He appeared this month in a spread in InStyle magazine, lounging (fully clothed) poolside.

To be sure, there are bigger problems on either man’s plate: Mr. Trump is struggling to explain his administration’s missteps on a pandemic that has killed more than 148,000 Americans. Dr. Fauci is trying to assert himself as a public health-minded voice of an administration that seems to have little interest in science and sometimes even less interest in him.

Both men are baseball fans. Mr. Trump grew up playing the sport, and Dr. Fauci, with his Washington Nationals-themed coronavirus mask, has nearly reached alternate mascot status. Both are ostensibly too busy to be bogged down with baseball rivalries, but this is not the first time Mr. Trump has made such a request to fend off a potential upstaging.

In April, the day before Vice President Mike Pence was to speak at the Air Force commencement ceremony in Colorado, Mr. Trump suddenly announced that he would be speaking at West Point. That was news to officials at West Point.

Last week, Dr. Fauci was determined to come to the Nationals mound prepared. Growing up in Brooklyn, he played shortstop on a local Catholic youth team. Days before the pitch on Thursday, he went to Horace Mann, an elementary school in northwest Washington, to rehearse on the lawn.

“I pitched and pitched,” he said in an interview on Monday. “I threw my arm out. I hadn’t thrown a baseball literally in decades. After I practiced, my arm was hanging around my feet.”

But he said he made a fatal error. Without a baseball field at the school to practice on, he had to measure 60 feet — the distance from a major-league mound to home plate — himself, and accidentally came up about 20 feet short.

Once Dr. Fauci arrived on the mound at Nationals Park, he realized the vast expanse, and his visit went south. He cocked his arm back only slightly, crooked, and flung the ball diagonally into the grass, far from Sean Doolittle, the Nationals player assigned to catch the pitch.

“He looked to me like he was like 500 feet away. That made me throw it much harder than I had been practicing,” Dr. Fauci said. “I completely miscalculated the distance from the mound.”

Dr. Fauci said his invitation from the Nationals came weeks ago as a thank you from Ted Lerner’s family, which owns the team, after he advised them and club officials on the correct protocols for coronavirus testing and staying safe while playing.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

At CovidCon yesterday, Trump made another pitch for hydroxychloroquine, sharing a video, saying there was a woman today who was spectacular in her statements about it [hydroxychloroquine].

A reporter then questioned the bona fides of the doctor, who has also said that medicine is being made from the DNA of aliens. Trump's response?

I thought her voice was an important voice but I know nothing about her.

From Newsweek
...Dr. Stella Immanuel said in a viral video shared by Trump and his eldest son that the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine was a "cure for COVID," prompting several social media platforms to remove copies of the video for violating their misinformation policies.

It was also first revealed by The Daily Beast yesterday that the physician previously claimed that alien DNA was used in medicine, and that some gynecological problems were the result of sex with demons.
My personal sexual encounters do not afford me any experience with aliens (as far as I know), so I cannot comment personally on the problems with alien sex, gynecological or not. Ladies?

Seriously, beyond the absurdity of it all is the fact that our President cannot be bothered to fact-check anything before he tweets it. The obvious question as to how you can think an opinion of a doctor is important without checking the credentials of the doctor goes unanswered, but with Trump's penchant for living in the 'Transactional Now', whatever floats by his transom bears repeating.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:54 pm
Seriously, beyond the absurdity of it all is the fact that our President cannot be bothered to fact-check anything before he tweets it. The obvious question as to how you can think an opinion of a doctor is important without checking the credentials of the doctor goes unanswered, but with Trump's penchant for living in the 'Transactional Now', whatever floats by his transom bears repeating.
I think he may be even more strongly disinclined to fact-check something after he tweets it. He seems to be constitutionally incapable of ever admitting to being mistaken about anything.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Literally everything this stupid mother idiot said in the AXIOS interview is worthy of top ten dumb remarks.

From saying USA has the best death rate because he brought a chart saying it has a low death to test ration, which means absolutely nothing, and then saying "you can't do that" to the guy who said we're supposed to go by deaths per million. To his idiotis remark that he's done more for black people than any President not named Abraham Lincoln. When asked about Johnson signing the Civil Rights Act, Trump asks, "Oh how'd that work out?" implying that he believes the Civil Rights Act was a mistake.

Seems like yesterday Trumpers were bragging with bogus polling that says a majority of black people support Trump. I expect their support will be sliced in half from what it was in 2016.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax