Trump's Dumbest Comments Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's Dumbest Comments Thread

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

“ Her friend or boyfriend was either killed or committed suicide in jail. She’s now in jail. Yeah, I wish her well, I’d wish you well, I’d wish a lot of people well. Good luck, let them prove somebody was guilty.”

I dunno. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t wish sex traffickers, especially those who deal children like a commodity in addition to engaging in their abuse by raping them, well.

But, hey. He’s a Republican. All we need now is for one of the local yokels to show up and just say something to ‘equal it out’ and we can move on.

- Doc
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

From Reddit - bullet list of dumb damned BS Trump said during his Swan interview:

Money quotes:

On Coronavirus:

"Those people that really understand it, the... they really understand it, they said it's incredible, the job we've done!" (04:48)

"They are dying. That's true. And you ha... it is what it is." (07:24)

"And you know, there are those that say you can test too much, you do know that." -Who says that?- "Oh, just read the manuals, read the books." (09:59)

"Jonathan, we weren't even... we didn't even have a test. When I took over, we didn't even have a test. Now in all fairness... [...] there was no test for this. We didn't have a test, because there was no test." (12:10)

"You know... it's called science and all of a sudden something's better." (12:30)

"You test, some kid has even just a little runny nose, it's a case." (12:42)

"Well, right here... United States is lowest... in... numerous categories. We're lower than... the world." (13:26)Pause at 13:36 for reaction pic to that one.

"Uuuuh... I... I won't get into that, because we have a very good relationship with the country, but you don't know that." (14:32)

"Here is one right here. United States. You take the number of cases, now look. We're last... meaning we're first. We have the best." (14:40)

"Because we've done more tests, we have more cases." (16:21)

On Russian bounties:

"I think a lot of people. Uh... if you look at some of the wonderful folks from the bush administration - some of 'em not any friends of mine - were saying that it's a fake issue. But a lot of people said it's a fake issue." (16:50)

"I have never discussed it with him, no. I would. I have no problem with it." (17:14)

"I read a lot. You know, I read a lot. They like to say I read a lot. I comprehend extraordinarily well. Probably better than anybody that you've interviewed in a long time. Ah... I read a lot." (17:57)

"The world is a very... ah... angry place, if you look all over the world." (18:24)

"Well, it's a di... I'm just saying, yes. We - yes - no, no, I'm just saying we did that, too." (19:17)(On supplying weapons to the Taliban.)

"Let me just tell you about Russia. Russia... used to be a thing called the Soviet Union. Because of Afghanistan, they went bankrupt, they became Russia. Just so you do understand, okay? The last thing that Russia wants to do is to get too much involved with Afghanistan, they tried that once it didn't work out too well." (19:51)

On mail-in voting:

"So we have a new phenomenon, it's called in... it's called mail-in voting." (23:05)

On protests in Portland:

"Our law enforcement. If we didn't have people at our courthouse. And there's strong, tough people and they don't want... they... they try and be very good, believe me. But if we didn't have people there, you would have your federal courthouse, six-hundred-million-dollar building, you would have that thing burned to the ground." (27:33)

"Now, do you know why they're unmarked?" - Why? - "Because these, uh... terrorists, these antifa people, these people that are anarchists and agitators, when they see the name on a uniform of a s... of a person, of a policeman, a law-enforcement person, they find out where that person lives and then they go and they scare the hell out of the person's family. And so... they do it for that reason, it's just common sense, there's nothing secret about this." (28:27)

"No, I think that actually the... I think antifa should be investigated, not the law-enforcement." (29:52)

Also a shoutout to all the folks who (rightly) pointed out Trump saying he did more than Lyndon Johnson for African Americans:

"I did more for the black community than anybody with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln." (34:20)

"How has it worked out, if you take a look at what Lyndon Johnson did? How has it worked out? Because frankly, it... it took a long time." (34:40)

------------------------------------------------------

President Herbert Camacho, folks.

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Holy crap this guy is dumb

Trump mispronounces Yosemite National Park as 'yo-Semites' twice in White House speech

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-mispronoun ... kfmevaatca
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Icarus wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:08 pm
Holy ____ this guy is dumb

Trump mispronounces Yosemite National Park as 'yo-Semites' twice in White House speech

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-mispronoun ... kfmevaatca

Let's not overlook Thighland. Hot off the presses!

https://youtu.be/r8GPu0DQKJ8?t=291
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

The J in Jersey Girl stands for genius:

https://m.tiktok.com/v/6839879449924635 ... source=sms
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:23 pm
The J in Jersey Girl stands for genius:

https://m.tiktok.com/v/6839879449924635 ... source=sms
Isn't he a piece of work? Hopefully someone is collecting up all of these things for an anti-Trump ad about his cognitive abilities to counter the crap his campaign is saying about Biden's cognitive. So good to know we have a jenius in the White House.

I saw a post on Twitter (tweet?) where after he said "Thighland" someone tweeted "Thighland, home of the Yo Semites."
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Trump on Joe Biden:
Take away your guns, take away your Second Amendment. No religion, no anything. Hurt the Bible. Hurt God. He’s against God. He’s against guns. He’s against energy, our kind of energy.
You have to admit, it shows a lot of monk-like dedication on Biden's part to spend his whole life as a practicing Catholic so that he can finally get to the White House and actually hurt(?) God.

And you know, no religion, no anything. So if you're for anything, just know Biden is against it.

Very cogent argument.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Trump said he's declaring an executive order to make all insurers cover preexisting conditions.

That's already the law. The law he's suing to overturn because he's called it unconstitutional.

You know Trump is desperate for polling help when he's adopting Obama measures to save him.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:55 am
Trump on Joe Biden:
Take away your guns, take away your Second Amendment. No religion, no anything. Hurt the Bible. Hurt God. He’s against God. He’s against guns. He’s against energy, our kind of energy.
You have to admit, it shows a lot of monk-like dedication on Biden's part to spend his whole life as a practicing Catholic so that he can finally get to the White House and actually hurt(?) God.

And you know, no religion, no anything. So if you're for anything, just know Biden is against it.

Very cogent argument.
Listening to that, all I could imagine was Trump's tiny brain doing everything it could to not explode in reaction to his falling poll numbers. It was by far the clumsiest appeal to social conservatism possible. There was nothing artful about it. I'm surprised he didn't add that Biden wants to abort your babies with a coat hanger and wipe his ass with the confederate flag.

No wonder Trump assaulted so many woman; he had no choice. He's as smooth as sandpaper.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.