Trump's Dumbest Comments Thread

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Re: Trump's Dumbest Comments Thread

Post by _EAllusion »

The Trump campaign is selling "America First" t-shirts with an eagle symbol that a dead-ringer for the Nazi Iron Eagle. (Look it up). These "mistakes" just keep happening. Probably a bad idea to have /pol/ types working in your campaign, but hey, that's just me.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Found an image I can post. That's straight up the Nazi Iron Eagle with a thin Americanization.

If you chalk this up to accidental Naziism (again) that's an amazingly incompetent staff.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

If that image is accurate, you’ll note the eagle’s head is turned to the left. in my opinion, it’s deliberate:

https://www.ebay.com/i/272707128889?chn ... rUEALw_wcB

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Yeah, so now Trump's campaign is part of the Deep State?
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 pm
If that image is accurate, you’ll note the eagle’s head is turned to the left. in my opinion, it’s deliberate:

- Doc
It's accurate. I was just having a hard time posting imgs of it:

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/ ... -first-tee

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/ ... irst-tee-1
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 pm

- Doc
You guys are getting pretty desperate ain't ya?
Lemme guess, eagle head pointed right and its appropriation of the presidential seal and obviously another crime on the long list of crimes that law officials, Republicans, and Democrats have ignored for the past 3+ years.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:33 pm
You guys are getting pretty desperate ain't ya?
Lemme guess, eagle head pointed right and its appropriation of the presidential seal and obviously another crime on the long list of crimes that law officials, Republicans, and Democrats have ignored for the past 3+ years.
No, it would just be more proof that this Administration can’t struggle their way through anything without needing to crib from existing artwork or emblems, as they did with their ‘Space Force’ logo.

Producing something original would take actual work and effort.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

That "America First" (the preferred slogan of Nazi-sympathetic Americans in the 40's) logo contains multiple motifs from the Nazi Iron Eagle and is notably dissimilar from American eagle iconography. It's not just the head direction, though that's a giveaway. I mean, they basically just replaced the swastika with an American flag they forced into the circle.

Your options are:

1) A massive screwup in the logo design department for a campaign with an unfortunate history of sheriff stars and non-existent antifa symbols. (Or a commissioned logo by someone who took a dig at them and it went unnoticed.)

2) An intentional reference among some lower-level people not caught by upper-tier people

3) An intentional decision among upper-tier people.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Trump tweeted that he was sending in troops to protect statues and the statue he posted was the famous Christ statue in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. I wonder if Brazil gave him the green light on that one.