What is with Hillary Clinton what is she doing?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Re: What is with Hillary Clinton what is she doing?

Post by _honorentheos »

I think the best way to look at it is that Gabbard is clearly being supported by bots and trolls and when confronted about it, she has the same problem Trump has when asked if she's concerned with Russian interference. She isn't. That's convenient given they seem to be working in her favor.

Now, do I personally think Clinton was wrong to speak about it? Not in the sense the subject isn't one that deserves public awareness. Did she help raise Gabbard's profile? Certainly, and that was counter to what I think was intended. But perhaps you're right and it will cause Gabbard to have a harder time taking the third party route.

So, here's the other aspect of this entire story. I have even less of an idea as to who is the better Democratic candidate today than I had a week ago. I'm still for Amy Klobuchar being VP since it seems like she's one of the perpetual single-digit polling candidates. She got things done in Congress and that's high on my list of favorable traits for seeking the Presidency. Buttigieg is getting more of a look and perhaps that would be my ticket of choice if I could choose right now but that's not a particularly well thought out one. It would probably result in a revolt of the left wing of the party, too. So the politics of it don't play well. I'm not sure how a Warren-Klobuchar ticket would work. I think Warren has some things to prove about her policy proposals in the near term that could be make or break her candidacy and I'm fairly confident she wouldn't pick Klobuchar as a running mate nor am I sure Klobuchar would take it though it seems like she would even if it runs counter to her current attacks on Warren's lack of detail on how to pay for Medicare for all. I don't think Biden has the legs but who knows. Sanders could end up on top, and would that make 2020 crazy. It's certainly not the case this election is the Democrats to lose, though. There is a hill that needs climbed and it's looking pretty craggy from where we are right now.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Icarus wrote:So basically, Hillary was right again, and we're all attacking her for having the nerve to speak up.

Watch that "we're all" stuff, buddy. Show me one post I made on this thread where I'm attacking Hillary Clinton.

No really. Show me.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

honorentheos wrote:Buttigieg is getting more of a look and perhaps that would be my ticket of choice if I could choose right now but that's not a particularly well thought out one.

Know what you mean. I think Shakespeare summed it up nicely when he said, "Yond Buttigieg has a smart and honest look, He thinks too much; such men are dangerous".

Could late-night comedy survive Buttigieg after being accustomed to such a rich Trump diet? Could Republicans find him as inherently condemnable as Obama? If the answer to both questions is yes, then Buttigieg might be worth a second, third, and fourth glance.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

In other news, it turns out HC was misquoted and never said Russia was grooming Gabbard. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/new-yo ... 4E.Twitter
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Tulsi Gabbard is officially not running for re-election for her Congressional seat. That significantly ups the odds she's running 3rd party to try to split the Dem vote.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

EAllusion wrote:Image
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

subgenius wrote:
EAllusion wrote:Image

The Right Wing created an entire Deep State conspiracy theory involving thousands of agents from various intelligence agencies, based on a text exchange between two lovers.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Deep State is to Trump supporters what Kolob is to mo's. It's their fictional guiding star.

If aliens came to earth and only had an opportunity to talk to Trump supporters, they'd likely report back home that our planet has negligible intelligent life (although the dolphins seemed pretty smart, but that was it). Humans were little more than programmed robots.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Reports out that Gabbard met yesterday with Wallstreet donors to pursue a 3rd party run. She’s at a minimum seriously considering it. This around the same time she went in Hannity to repeat Republican talking points in attacking the impeachment process. Good thing we had another news cycle dragging Clinton for saying something that seemed fairly obvious. Kudos all around.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

EAllusion wrote:Reports out that Gabbard met yesterday with Wallstreet donors to pursue a 3rd party run. She’s at a minimum seriously considering it. This around the same time she went in Hannity to repeat Republican talking points in attacking the impeachment process. Good thing we had another news cycle dragging Clinton for saying something that seemed fairly obvious. Kudos all around.

According to Clinton, the Russians are grooming Gabbard for a third party run. How she knows this she doesn't say. However, Gabbard disagrees with Clinton and disagrees with all of the wars going on, just like Putin does, so, obviously she is a Russian/Putin puppet.

But she meets up with Wall Street bankers? Why Wall Street and not some company with obvious ties to the Kremlin? Obviously, Putin is trying to take over Wall Street? Is this what we are to obviously believe?

Is it possible to disagree with Clinton and not be a Russian agent knowingly or unknowingly?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen