Impeachment hearings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Impeachment hearings

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Sub clown shows up

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Markk wrote:Chap,

Well, I can only assume you have followed the story, both sides. From the articles of impeachment, the whistle blower complaint, along with both the impeachment trial and the senates trials. There are countless news article and news stories on this, again i assume that folks here followed. The Biden's were in the center of all this and key, as stated in article 1(A), and mentioned over 400 times in the impeachment trial.

Chap wrote:Nope.

As I made clear in my post, given the fact that the President, who has the power to start an investigation of the Bidens, and who has every reason for wanting to do so, HAS NOT DONE SO, why do I have to spend a large share of my time and energy following you down your rabbit hole?

Just because you say I should? But who the heck are you?

So in other words, you have no idea what that facts are in regrades to the accusations, the actual accusations/defenses that where actually presented by both sides , and are just parroting talking points...which I have been saying all along.

You certainly don't have to do anything I say, I would hope you would want to know the facts before you opine.

O'well carry on.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

canpakes wrote:Just checking in again to see if Markk is willing to give an answer as to what salary limit is the hard line at which Hunter Biden moves from ‘legitimate’ to ‘corrupt’ employee, by his calculations.

But I’m thinking that Markk’s not going to be able to answer that question, either, because Biden’s level of pay really isn’t an issue for him; he’d call the arrangement ‘corrupt’ no matter the pay.

And, there’s no data or factoids presented showing that Burisma received any cash or benefit from the US aid package. But that doesn’t seem to matter to Markk, either. Who needs facts when you’re making up a conspiracy theory? ; )

Well, if you are that ignorant to base corruption on a salary cap curve, I am not sure you will get what the actual facts are. Nor did you listen to the video I pasted in the post to chap in the senate trial a post or two back, that touched on how much Hunter was being paid in, comparison to other company board members, like Goldman Sachs.

The facts show, without a doubt Burisma is owned and operated by a corrupt owner, who has deep Russian ties. If you can't understand why being paid that amount of money, by a corrupt boss with Russian ties, who bilked the country out of millions if not billions, while his father, the VPOTUS was in charge of handing out billions, is not somehow open for questioning and an investigation...then keep asking these types of questions, it just shows how ignorant of what is going on.

And investigation might find what monies, Burisma got from foriegn or US aid. Or it might just find that Joe was covering for Hunter...or other. Or maybe they would find Hunter innocent of any wrong doing and that he just like getting paid 83K a month, for no experience, from a known mobster with Russian ties, while his father is VP in charge of giving Millions to the Ukraine for aid to the very field that his Mobster owned company specialize in?

Keep asking these questions
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Markk,

If you had been processing what you were reading on this subject, the fact Shokin is saying what he says in Russian state television would be meaningful to you.

Russian state television? Seriously?
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

I don't know if the French independent investigating reporter, in his documentary series, asking the questions is somehow tied to the Russians or on Russian TV...it looks like Skype to me...? But either way, Shoklin has a story, all if which is now being investigated by the Ukraine goverment. What Russian TV station are you talking about? Did you even watch the Shoklin interview?

Also I find it Ironic you want to somehow excuse this as being Russian, when Hunter was hired by a mobster with very very deep political ties with Russia, indisputable ties. Your smarter than this Honor.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:So, lets first assume that the issue for "corruption" isnt quantifiable by salary amount but rather by alarming lack of qualifications sans one glaring political association.

OK. Go for it. Review his CV (available at Wikipedia), and make your case. And include your calculation for the value of name recognition in with the value assigned to his experience.

Show your math.

Now, don’t try to take on too much work at once, though - you’re still stuck on the prior question of why Trump didn’t ask the DoJ to investigate this situation, given his supposed level of concern.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Markk wrote:I don't know

You can stop there.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Markk wrote:
canpakes wrote:Just checking in again to see if Markk is willing to give an answer as to what salary limit is the hard line at which Hunter Biden moves from ‘legitimate’ to ‘corrupt’ employee, by his calculations.

But I’m thinking that Markk’s not going to be able to answer that question, either, because Biden’s level of pay really isn’t an issue for him; he’d call the arrangement ‘corrupt’ no matter the pay.

And, there’s still no data or factoids presented showing that Burisma received any cash or benefit from the US aid package. But that doesn’t seem to matter to Markk, either. Who needs facts when you’re making up a conspiracy theory? ; )

Well, if you are that ignorant to base corruption on a salary cap curve, I am not sure you will get what the actual facts are. Nor did you listen to the video I pasted in the post to chap in the senate trial a post or two back, that touched on how much Hunter was being paid in, comparison to other company board members, like Goldman Sachs. The facts show, without a doubt Burisma is owned and operated by a corrupt owner, who has deep Russian ties. If you can't understand why being paid that amount of money, by a corrupt boss with Russian ties, who bilked the country out of millions if not billions, while his father, the VPOTUS was in charge of handing out billions, is not somehow open for questioning and an investigation...then keep asking these types of questions, it just shows how ignorant of what is going on. And investigation might find what monies, Burisma got from foriegn or US aid. Or it might just find that Joe was covering for Hunter...or other. Or maybe they would find Hunter innocent of any wrong doing and that he just like getting paid 83K a month, for no experience, from a known mobster with Russian ties, while his father is VP in charge of giving Millions to the Ukraine for aid to the very field that his Mobster owned company specialize in?

Keep asking these questions

No need to “keep asking these questions”; you aren’t capable of or willing to answer them.

Did you want to take another stab at this one and try to answer it, or do you just want to ramble on incoherently, again?
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Do you not know what RT is?
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Markk wrote:I don't know if the French independent investigating reporter, in his documentary series, asking the questions is somehow tied to the Russians or on Russian TV...it looks like Skype to me...? But either way, Shoklin has a story, all if which is now being investigated by the Ukraine goverment. What Russian TV station are you talking about? Did you even watch the Shoklin interview?

Also I find it Ironic you want to somehow excuse this as being Russian, when Hunter was hired by a mobster with very very deep political ties with Russia, indisputable ties. Your smarter than this Honor.

I'm begining to think Morley's view you are disingenuous is more charitable than mine that views your responses as sincere. The window of explainations allowing that you are being sincere is reducing to only overlap the window of explainations allowing that you are an idiot.

Yes, that's just an insult and not a response. But repeating that Hunter Biden worked for Burisma whose owner was corrupt isn't saying anything not already addressed multiple times. And you clearly give zero "F"s since this applies to the Trumpkins who are profiting off of their Daddy being president in ways that are almost certainly making it into Daddy's pocket. China, Eastern Europe, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, is there a place with shady histories the Trump's don't do business?

This is probably it for me if you can't show any ability to acknowledge that Shokin is clearly contradicted by reputable entities including his second in command who resigned over his corruption and stalling of multiple investigations.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa