Impeachment hearings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Impeachment hearings

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Subgenius, folks. Again. And again. And again.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Subgenius, folks. Again. And again. And again.

- Doc

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Answer the question bundle of sticks.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Answer the question bundle of sticks.

- Doc

if i type it again, slowly will you achieve understanding of that which has already been typed?
it was answered upthread.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Why didn’t Trump ask the DoJ, and given your other assertions, the State department to investigate?

- Doc

not to interrupt you as you hit your stride with incessant asking of questions that have been answered...but that question was answered well up thread. ...

Nope.

Markk has typed various combinations of words on his keyboard on several occasions after having seen that question.

But 'answer'? Not in the sense of giving an explanation why Trump did not take the obvious course of saying to the DoJ 'Investigate this Biden stuff!', if it was so clear to him that the Bidens were involved in corruption.

Why that did not happen remains as mysterious as ever.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Why do you keep re-stating this? Both statements are false. I highlighted these in a previous post to you and you totally ignored them. Instead you chose to write a tirade on my reactions to you rather than address your statements that demonstrate you have no blessed clue what you're vortexing about.

Markk wrote:
What he told them to do was fire a prosecutor that was involved in an investigation of a company that was without any doubts corrupt. That his son was an attorney for.
Last edited by Google Feedfetcher on Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:Are you denying it was not a Quid Pro Quo? It is on video, and he was bragging about it. Why are you calling it "so called?" It can't be any clearer it was a choice Joe made on the spot. Our country is ran of quid pro quos in many ways, I just find it so interesting that it is okay when it suits you, but not okay when Trump is accused of it. Trump in the Phone call asked to do "US" a favor...not just himself, so your straw-man that it was for the USA interest falls in that so was Trumps.

Biden's on camera openly addressing it. Multiple times.

Trump hid it.

1. Why did Trump hide his actions?

2. Why did he want Ukraine to announce their impending investigation of the Bidens?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Markk wrote:Have you read Joe's memoir? Have you seen his Quid Pro Quid? Joe had to investigate, ask question, and demand certain things before giving money out...the same thing that Trump is accused of doing.

It is simply stunning that after dozens of pages on this thread you can still be this stupid. It has been spelled out for you several times, and then you disappear and then repeat the same refuted talking point after a few pages have passed.

Trump wasn't criticized for a quid pro quo. He wasn't impeached for a quid pro quo. Quid pro quos in and of themselves are not uncommon nor are they illegal.

What Joe did differently is that he didn't act unilaterally. He acted in accordance with policy at the time and had Congressional support. The "quid" wasn't a favor that benefited Joe Biden personally. Trump's quid most certainly did.

Trump also used backdoor men working outside the State dept to dig up dirt. He then denied what he was doing before he finally admitted it. He went around Congress and denied money to Ukraine that was appropriated by Congress unless they do him a personal solid by "announcing" investigations into the guy who just mopped the floors with him in head to head polling. See the difference dumbass? Joe's quid wasn't going to benefit him personally whereas Trump's quid had no value at all except for helping him beat Biden in the polls.

What Trump did was corrupt, unethical, illegal and most certainly impeachable according to FOX News legal analyst. What Joe did was nothing like that.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Why didn’t Trump ask the DoJ, and given your other assertions, the State department to investigate?

- Doc

not to interrupt you as you hit your stride with incessant asking of questions that have been answered...but that question was answered well up thread. Perhaps if you were to gather up all your presuppositions, predispositions, and hair-fire predictions you would find resolution on another dead horse....a fresher deader horse.

Nope.

Not even you buy this, let alone could explain it.

Markk doesn’t, either. It’s why he can’t answer the question.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Markk wrote:That alone deserves a investigation, does it not?

There is much more, but how does this alone not beg for an investigation?

- Doc

Trumper logic:

“Trump didn’t ask the DoJ to investigate because he didn’t need to!! So we need to investigate!!1!”

: D