The DoubtingThomas dating / relationships MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

The DoubtingThomas dating / relationships MEGATHREAD

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Dating and flirting is now heavily discourage among co-workers and some companies simply don't allow it. Some men work more than 40 hours a week. How can a man working more than 40 hours a week meet women (pretty and not overweight) other than going to a bar? Some men have no time to go to a yoga class or college. Is going to church on Sundays the solution?

And honestly bars are probably disgusting

Research in different populations suggested that heavy alcohol use is associated with risky sexual behaviors. This is because alcohol relaxes the brain and body, reduces inhibitions, and diminishes risk perception. Drinking alcohol may further increase the risk of becoming infected with HIV through its suppressive effects on the immune system.

https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/ ... ed.0030392
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Re: Go to a bar?

No wonder suicide rates are going up. I think it is the end of men. But thank goodness my Agnosticism protects me and allows me to appreciate life.

More than 70,000 people died of drug overdoses last year alone, according to the CDC. That number marks a nearly 10 percent increase from 2016 and the highest ever in the United States for a single year.

At the same time, suicide rates have also steadily increased, according to the CDC, making it the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. — and the second most common cause of death for people ages 10 to 34. That age range dovetails with the data on drug use, which showed people age 25 to 54 dying at higher rates than their older counterparts. In other words, younger adults have largely been hit hardest by these trends. "We're seeing the drop in life expectancy not because we're hitting a cap [for lifespans of] people in their 80s. We're seeing a drop in life expectancy because people are dying in their 20s [and] 30s," McHugh said.

But in general, says William Dietz of George Washington University, the main themes of the reports are "very disturbing" — partly because deaths from overdoses and suicides are likely linked. Both may be caused by social shifts in the U.S. that have caused people to become "less connected to each other in communities," he tells Harris.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/29/67184488 ... d-suicides.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

DoubtingThomas wrote:Dating and flirting is now heavily discourage among co-workers and some companies simply don't allow it. Some men work more than 40 hours a week. How can a man working more than 40 hours a week meet women (pretty and not overweight) other than going to a bar? Some men have no time to go to a yoga class or college. Is going to church on Sundays the solution?

And honestly bars are probably disgusting

I don't know, DT. Are you pretty and not overweight?
No wonder suicide rates are going up. I think it is the end of men.
Don't be too sad, DT. We keep the ugly, overweight females in disgusting bars and colleges so they don't catch anything from you. You may not know this, but tolerating ignorance is no longer required for the propagation of the species.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

I googled it, in that it worked for Fonzi...and I found this. Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... upermarket

(edit) if you are over weight, hang out next to the Cheetos and Pork Skins
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Doctor Steuss wrote:Image

:lol: well, my hair is red, but yes, that's it!

Actually, though, I'm just engaging in a little POEing of my own. Sweethearts like DT aren't really a bother, they're just a little wet behind the ears.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Markk wrote:I googled it, in that it worked for Fonzi...and I found this. Good luck

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... upermarket

(edit) if you are over weight, hang out next to the Cheetos and Pork Skins

Please tell me the guy giving his advice about small talk while standing in front of the dandruff shampoo and rogaine shelf was doing that on purpose!
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

People giving relationship advice be like:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Lemmie wrote:I don't know, DT. Are you pretty and not overweight?

I am a little bit overweight, but not obese. I can quickly fix it by going to the gym. Going to the gym is probably a good way to meet new people.

Lemmie wrote:We keep the ugly, overweight females in disgusting bars and colleges so they don't catch anything from you.

Only the bars are disgusting. There are a lot beautiful girls in the university. I don't like bars because I do not drink alcohol. Alcohol is disgusting and causes too many problems in the world.

Lemmie wrote: You may not know this, but tolerating ignorance is no longer required for the propagation of the species.

It is not my fault that I am attracted to beautiful women.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Lemmie wrote: Sweethearts like DT aren't really a bother, they're just a little wet behind the ears.

What does that mean? Listen I just want to be happy because there is probably no god.
So how (and where) can I meet non-Mormon women? Do you have a suggestion? Do I simply go to a yoga class?