The coronavirus spread updated in real time

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: The coronavirus spread updated in real time

Post by _Jersey Girl »

delete
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

A couple headlines from Drudge today:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/01/officia ... finds.html

https://www.france24.com/en/20200701-pa ... n-us-study

tl;dc - Coronavirus deaths way undercounted (Yale study), overall deaths in US up by 18%. Even more whoa:

“But this is just a national average, and the excess death rate was particularly high in virus hot spots such as New York City, which buried three times more people than usual and up to seven times as many during the peak of the pandemic, according to a week by week study carried out at Yale University and published in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine.

In New York City, the expected deaths under a demographic model based on statistics from previous years would be 13,000 from March 1 through the end of May. But this time the number of deaths recorded was 38,170.“

God dayum. I guess we should just stop counting COVID-19 deaths and it’ll be like a miracle and “one day it’ll just go away.”
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:32 pm
Coronavirus deaths way undercounted (Yale study), overall deaths in US up by 18%.
Covid-19 mortality? Subtract the number of U.S. deaths last year at this time from the number of deaths this year at the same time. What are the variables between last year and this year?

Did I hear someone in the back yell "no baseball season" ? That must be it. Americans can't live without their National Pastime.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Oh, ok

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Still desperately clinging to the claim that infection and death counts are all drastically overcounted, subs? : D
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Because honesty is to subs as oil is to water, below is the complete text from the portion of the page that subs has excerpted. Of course, he left some vital parts out.
MPHD Daily COVID-19 Update for June 30

Metro Public Health Department officials announced today 9,794 confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Nashville/Davidson County. This number reflects two days of data, as an unplanned shutdown of the state surveillance system prevented MPHD from releasing COVID-19 numbers on Monday.

There have been no new probable cases in the past 48 hours.

https://www.asafenashville.org/updates/ ... r-june-30/

Probable cases refer to those that do not test positive in a diagnostic test but might have tested positive in a different form of test like an antibody or serologic test. Probable cases also could refer to cases that were never tested but exhibited the factors consistent with a COVID-19 infection, like symptoms and close contacts of confirmed cases.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

EAllusion wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:26 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:43 am

We're all going to get infected. That's unavoidable. Shutting down the economy again and banning people from doing their jobs again after allowing massive protest marches during quarantine is unacceptable. Who do you think pays the bills that gives these protesters so much free time?
It's not inevitable and this outcome hasn't come close to happening in the majority of the world. Aren't you ever even a little curious about what's happening in countries outside of the US?
Like Mexico where the positive test rate is 50%. You need to listen to Covidiocy by Ben Shapiro on your commute. .
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

When asked whether he would wear a mask, Trump told Fox Business in a White House interview, "Oh, I would. I have. I mean people have seen me wearing one. If I'm in a group of people where we're not 10 feet away -- but usually I'm not in that position and everyone's tested."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/politics ... index.html

Jun 27: +42,573
Jun 28: +39,435
Jun 29: +43,470
Jun 30: +47,227
Jul 1: +50,541
v
v
v
v
v
v

Piece. of. S-hit.
Chinese Proverb
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Arizona reports record highs of 4,878 new coronavirus cases, 88 deaths

I've been fortunate to be able to work from home this entire time. I did have a meeting today for work, though. I was the only one who showed up wearing a mask. I don't know about people.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:10 am
When asked whether he would wear a mask, Trump told Fox Business in a White House interview, "Oh, I would. I have. I mean people have seen me wearing one. If I'm in a group of people where we're not 10 feet away -- but usually I'm not in that position and everyone's tested."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/politics ... index.html

Jun 27: +42,573
Jun 28: +39,435
Jun 29: +43,470
Jun 30: +47,227
Jul 1: +50,541 +50,659

v
v
v
v
v
v

Piece. of. S-hit.
Chinese Proverb