The coronavirus spread updated in real time

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: The coronavirus spread updated in real time

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:38 am
We're already over 90K new reported cases in the country today. It's only 8:30-ish p.m. where I am. The numbers don't freeze for the day until midnight so far as I can tell.

Fu-Celestial Kingdom Trump.
Eh, it ain't so bad now, the Mormons are invoking Captain Moroni as a parallel to Trump, so I am sure "they" can git ir done........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

It doesn't appear that lockdowns in Europe along with fines and jail time for not wearing a mask has kept them from experiencing a resurgence. I wonder if the German people are cursing Angela Merkel for the rise of COVID in Germany?

Which is worse? A 0.04% death rate and an economic depression or a 0.04% death rate and getting to keep your job? But then again, if you're getting paid not to go to work, that's kind of been the holy grail of liberalism all along. They never understood why disability benefits should ever run out, perhaps they believe 40 percent of us can stay home, pull a stimulus check, and never have to pay it back. Just tax the rich and it will all balance out. No one will have their home foreclosed, car repossessed or get kicked off their health insurance. Make America Venezuela##
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:15 am
It doesn't appear that lockdowns in Europe along with fines and jail time for not wearing a mask has kept them from experiencing a resurgence. I wonder if the German people are cursing Angela Merkel for the rise of COVID in Germany?
Are you completely off your rocker? They are experiencing a resurgence because the restrictions were LIFTED just like they were here and they're going into COLD WEATHER WITH MORE TIME SPENT INDOORS-ENCLOSED SPACES...just like we are here.

Do you READ anything?

I'll say it again. Probably the 3rd time now. Epidemiology HAD to be part of your education. It was part of MINE for pete sakes.

You should know better!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

They are experiencing a resurgence because the restrictions were LIFTED just like they were here and they're going into COLD WEATHER WITH MORE TIME SPENT INDOORS-ENCLOSED SPACES...just like we are here.
So it's Merkel's fault for lifting the restrictions?

I thought you were saying that if we were to impose a tight lockdown like Germany, Italy, Spain, etc., we would have eradicated COVID and we'd all be back to work without having to damage the economy with future lockdowns? They're locking down again. What good did the first lockdowns do them?

If you want to talk about science, the WHO has already said that lockdowns are not the best way to deal with this virus. We didn't elect Dr. Fauci. Sure a total shutdown for years and years would save a few more old people. That's all Dr. Fauci knows. But don't ask the scientists who's gonna pay your social security check when your younger tax chattel are locked down?
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:21 pm
I thought you were saying that if we were to impose a tight lockdown like Germany, Italy, Spain, etc., we would have eradicated COVID and we'd all be back to work without having to damage the economy with future lockdowns?
No one in the scientific community has ever stated that the coronavirus can be ‘eradicated’ from lockdowns. Post a reference if you want to claim otherwise.

They're locking down again. What good did the first lockdowns do them?
The first ‘lockdowns’ slowed the spread and gave hospitals a chance to process the initial wave of infections without becoming overloaded.

If you want to talk about science, the WHO has already said that lockdowns are not the best way to deal with this virus. We didn't elect Dr. Fauci. Sure a total shutdown for years and years would save a few more old people. That's all Dr. Fauci knows. But don't ask the scientists who's gonna pay your social security check when your younger tax chattel are locked down?
Dr. Fauci has never advocated for a national ‘total lockdown’ and most States have limited their efforts to ‘non-essential business’ lockdowns during the initial wave.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

and most States have limited their efforts to ‘non-essential business’ lockdowns during the initial wave.
If it's your job, it's essential.

Did Angela Merkel mishandle COVID? Because it looks to me like Europe is getting as many per capita deaths as the US. The only difference is that their economy has contracted even more than ours.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:18 pm
and most States have limited their efforts to ‘non-essential business’ lockdowns during the initial wave.
If it's your job, it's essential.

Did Angela Merkel mishandle COVID? Because it looks to me like Europe is getting as many per capita deaths as the US. The only difference is that their economy has contracted even more than ours.
Germany’s per capita death rate seems to still be less than a quarter of the US rate, per figures available as of 10/30, at least according to the source below.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... habitants/
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:34 pm
Germany’s per capita death rate seems to still be less than a quarter of the US rate, per figures available as of 10/30, at least according to the source below.

So in your mind, its legit to compare a population trend between a group of 83 million to a group of 330 million?
The per capita rate at my house is zero...so, im better than Merkel, amiright?
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:07 am
canpakes wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:34 pm

So in your mind, its legit to compare a population trend between a group of 83 million to a group of 330 million?
You’re free to lay out your case why the comparison doesn’t work for you. I certainly hope that your case will be better thought out than the example you just gave.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:11 am
subgenius wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:07 am

You’re free to lay out your case why the comparison doesn’t work for you. I certainly hope that your case will be better thought out than the example you just gave.
So, your answer is "yes".
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent