The coronavirus spread updated in real time

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

The coronavirus spread updated in real time

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Dear Perfume Lovers,

Here's a map of the spread of the coronavirus, updated in real-time:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: The coronavirus spread updated in real time

Post by _moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:Dear Perfume Lovers,

Let's hope quarantine efforts are successful. The cases in China are growing at an alarming rate.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

This is the kind of thing that makes me happy we have universal healthcare. I'd hate to think people are getting sick and afraid to go to the doctor.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of all the actual developed nations. This one thinks national security is limited to having big guns.

Forget what I said. Go virus go!
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Dear Perfume Lovers,

Oh good. Now I can watch my travel plans disappear before my very eyes. Thanks so much.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:This is the kind of thing that makes me happy we have universal healthcare. I'd hate to think people are getting sick and afraid to go to the doctor.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of all the actual developed nations. This one thinks national security is limited to having big guns.

What kind of healthcare does your home country have?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:This is the kind of thing that makes me happy we have universal healthcare. I'd hate to think people are getting sick and afraid to go to the doctor.

What kind of healthcare does your home country have?

- Doc

So far as I am aware, Schmo's home, like yours, is the US of A.

And I don't think Schmo is the only person to find it weird that the world's richest country still prefers a system of health care provision that can leave its citizens bankrupt as a result of illnesses that are elsewhere paid for by systems of (by and large) universal provision. I like Americans (well, I'm thought to be a bit old-fashioned where I come from, but I'm not alone), and I'd like to see them better treated than they currently are.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Chap wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What kind of healthcare does your home country have?

So far as I am aware, Schmo's home, like yours, is the US of A.

And I don't think Schmo is the only person to find it weird that the world's richest country still prefers a system of health care provision that can leave its citizens bankrupt as a result of illnesses that are elsewhere paid for by systems of (by and large) universal provision. I like Americans (well, I'm thought to be a bit old-fashioned where I come from, but I'm not alone), and I'd like to see them better treated than they currently are.

All true... even the stuff about Chap liking Americans.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

SS,

Ok. My bad for poor wording. What kind of healthcare does your country of origin have?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I could go to a doctor any time I needed to and it was free.

I will say this: I believe in co-pays. I think the patient should have some skin in the game. Call it a usage tax. That way, everyone who really needs it will seek it without abusing the system. There's a happy medium in there.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
I will say this: I believe in co-pays. I think the patient should have some skin in the game. Call it a usage tax. That way, everyone who really needs it will seek it without abusing the system. There's a happy medium in there.

I think I really agree with your reasoning on co-pays. I'm not sure how that would apply in the case of Medicare (only) for all, but I don't think that will ever pass so there's that, too.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb