Are there really four seasons?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Are there really four seasons?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I just freaking love this and the memories it invokes. I still remember spinning this 45 learning to dance the cha cha in a certain living room in Jersey. "Got a porch for that swing?" Yeah, someone actually said that to me. :wink:

She's doing it again. Don't care if I posted this already. Go away.

Frankie Valli Sherry May 23, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikfyHrgfz6M

And this one..

Frankie Valli Stay 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqI_GM7Weg

Bless the Italian boys! :lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

So I got notification that the Frankie Valli concert has been rescheduled.

To a YEAR from now.

Screw this cruddy virus. Valli could be dead by 2021. Or I could be dead by 2021.

Going to try to get my freaking $ back on this deal. Color me ticked. Or ticketed. :evil:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Anyone remember this thread? :lol:

Well...I survived Covid, Valli is decidedly not dead*, and the concert (that I couldn't get a ticket refund on to save my stinking life) is happening on June 12.

Valli will be 88 years old by then. :shock:

I just found this from last month's concert. I am NOT disappointed. :mrgreen:

Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons Live-Sherry/Big Girls Don’t Cry/Walk Like a Man/Bye Bye Baby 3/6/22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpA2XMcTjZ8

*I totally refrained from making an Italian joke here. Be very proud of me and consider the fact that I'm part Italian and could've probably gotten away with it, too. :twisted:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The third June...

A Jersey Girl and 2 Jersey Boys walk into a theater. The one from Newark takes the stage...and sings.

88 years old? Shut. UP.

It was completely and entirely awesome start to finish! Castelluccio did not disappoint! There are rumors (on youtube) that he is lip syncing these days and uses autotune. Autotune perhaps. Lip syncing? Not on your life. Myself and another sister in dancing ;) got in front of the stage and he came right over to us. At one point he was approx. 5 feet in front of me. The boy was full on singing. His voice is powerful even at points when speaking between songs. He speaks softly until he doesn't and then the power and projection in his voice is surprising. His jokes were fun! In one he talked about a hit they had and what year and asked the audience if they remembered Rag Doll. Shouts from the seats! Then he says, "Well, we're not going to do that one." :lol: They did it in the encore. The band was fantastic! Anyway. Two hour show. Family friendly. Professional all the way. Totally impressed. Totally worth it!

From our seats.

At the stage. Some Jersey Girl (no names) made her way to the front because...someone needed to do the dancing when they were singing the most famous early hits, right? If he's singing Sherry live, I'm on my feet. YOLO. This is before he came over in front of us.

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!