Warren drops out

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Warren drops out

Post by _Icarus »

It will be interesting to see how this helps Bernie
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Warren drops out

Post by _Some Schmo »

This will make my daughter happy. Yesterday she was calling Warren a selfish bitch for staying in.

I don't know where she gets it from.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote: Yesterday she was calling Warren a selfish ____ for staying in.

How would Warren staying in have equated to selfishness?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Because Biden was savvy enough to get Pete and Amy out before Super Tuesday, thus securing the Center’s votes while Warren pulled votes away from The Bern. Bernie could’ve arguably picked up six more states with her out of the race, which he really needed since Bloomsberg was most likely pulling votes away from Biden.

So. Now that Blooms is out, Bernie is really behind the power curve and will most likely lose the primaries due to a perceived lack of momentum. He really, really needed Super Tuesday to go his way.

Smart moves by the Biden campaign; tip o’ the cap to them.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Some Schmo wrote: Yesterday she was calling Warren a selfish ____ for staying in.

How would Warren staying in have equated to selfishness?

The idea that Warren is splitting the progressive wing of the party to no end would seem pretty selfish had it continued.

I'm not so sure her voters are as Bernie leaning as people might think, but that's the idea.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

I am likewise unsure how much, if any, Warren's dropping out will help Sanders. We can only hope it does. One thing I am sure about, though, is that even if Biden winds up being the nominee, that is still a better choice than Donald J. Trump. If Biden does become the democratic nominee, I suspect that Trump's desperation to find dirt on Biden will ultimately backfire against Trump, and that the disinformation to which he feels he must resort to defeat Biden will likely be seen for what it is by enough people who are both rational and honest to ultimately discredit Trump, more than Biden.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

It's odd to me that people see Sanders being further from what Trump represents than Biden. It's...huh.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

honorentheos wrote:It's odd to me that people see Sanders being further from what Trump represents than Biden. It's...huh.
They each have aspects of what makes Trump negative. It depends on what you choose to focus on. Don't like Trump's seeming senility? That's Biden. Don't like Trump's lieutenants who have sway over an online army to hurl abuse at critics? That's Sanders.
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

A bend towards certitude and self-righteousness that feeds a leadership style that places loyalty above working towards good solutions is pretty high on my list of concerning similarities. Online troll armies are more than just cosmetic but they seem to be a consequence of their approach rather than the disturbing feature itself.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

EAllusion wrote:
honorentheos wrote:It's odd to me that people see Sanders being further from what Trump represents than Biden. It's...huh.
They each have aspects of what makes Trump negative. It depends on what you choose to focus on. Don't like Trump's seeming senility? That's Biden. Don't like Trump's lieutenants who have sway over an online army to hurl abuse at critics? That's Sanders.

I don't see either Biden or Sanders as a traitor to the Constitution, oblivious to advice and data, or glaringly incompetent. These are Trump's most disqualifying negatives.