Math is hard for at least three liberals

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Math is hard for at least three liberals

Post by _moksha »

Gunnar wrote:They were both embarrassed and apologetic for their mistake, which Trump spokespersons would have strongly resisted admitting to.

Trump would have taken a sharpie marker and added extra zeros to the amount Bloomberg spent. Being Trump, he would have gotten the amount wrong. No problem, he would have lied about it afterward and ordered a coverup.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I love how one mistake by a couple of newscasters is huge news for the right. If they were that affected by newscaster mistakes, you'd think they'd be having a seizure every night by what happens on Fox News.

Trump says idiotic crap literally every damned day. Where are all the "Subject X is Hard for Trump" threads by these concerned right wingers?

It's strange how willing they are to throw stones through their own glass houses.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Can you imagine dickmdborn’s reaction had Obama posted this during a pandemic?

https://mobile.Twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 8533700609

But. You know. It’s only the leader of the free world who has the mind of a toddler.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

Morley wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:58 pm
honorentheos wrote:I thought he was counting the original Twitter poster as the third.
Doh. Of course! Assuming the Twitter poster was a liberal, it turns out that I'm the one who can't count. Hilarious.

My crow-eating apologies to Mdborn.
I initially made that mistake on Twitter so I can’t cast stones at anyone else about it.
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:53 am
Can you imagine dickmdborn’s reaction had Obama posted this during a pandemic?

https://mobile.Twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 8533700609

But. You know. It’s only the leader of the free world who has the mind of a toddler.

- Doc
I guess that I shouldn’t number you among my fans. Let me know when a four star general introduces your talk at Air Force Space Command, or when you speak at the Explorers Club in NYC, or when C-SPAN airs 100 minutes of a talk you gave with your co-author.

if anyone wants to watch the three videos which are available online of these talks, let me know. I’ve also appeared on SpyCast and The John Batchelor Show.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

I’m not sure I’d be bragging about being the example of extremism within the ranks, but whatever gets you through the day, friendo.
_richardMdBorn
_Emeritus

Post by _richardMdBorn »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:40 am
I’m not sure I’d be bragging about being the example of extremism within the ranks, but whatever gets you through the day, friendo.
Same to you though I’ve never been in the military. Let me know when you do something of note.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

richardMdBorn:

For what it's worth, I'm VERY impressed with those accomplishments, and I mean that sincerely.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:37 am
richardMdBorn:

For what it's worth, I'm VERY impressed with those accomplishments, and I mean that sincerely.
How would those accomplishments stack up against a rampaging Trump armed with a sharpie marker and an intent to add extra zeros to any faulty math calculation? Hopefully, richardMdBorn would have a sedative dart gun in his medical bag that could immobilize Trump long enough for his handlers to wrangle him back inside his enclosure.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

So, some mainstream media personalities screwed up their math, which, I admit is bananas that no one caught them before they aired the bit, nor did they see the simple error right in front of their faces. I'm totally willing to concede it was egregious. I have no idea if they issued a correction and a mea culpa, but they should've done so. In fact, they should've added an apology explaining in their rush to mock Bloomberg they displayed stunning hubris and ignorance. in my opinion, it damages Brian Williams' credibility to an unfixable point unless he acknowledges it and promises to do better. Same goes for what's-her-nuts.

That said, RichardMDBorn decides to add this bit: "The mainstream media includes a large number of stupid ignorant people."

Understanding he's a Conservative that statement implies quite a bit, but can be taken as a swipe at Liberals being dumb or something. So, to balance things out, and because his is just a swipe at 'you people' I added the bit out Republican pedophiles because, you know, what's good for the goose and all that.

Unfortunately, he gets bent out of shape when I take just one, of an endless amount of daily examples, where Trump is shown to be abjectly stupid and we get RichardMDBorn posting a bit about his credibility. I have no idea why he felt the need to do that, of course. Does his admittedly cool resume of briefing some General and speaking on C-SPAN merit a kudos? Sure! I think that's neat. And now, to answer his request of, "Let me know when you do something of note."

I WAS AN EAGLE SCOUT.

There. Now we're equals. Can RichardMDBorn now admit President Trump is wholly unqualified for the office in which occupies?

- Doc