Life Under Coronavirus

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Life Under Coronavirus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Oh, man. Contagion. It was, uh, very prescient. For anyone who watched it take note of the picture of the virus during the tv interview scene. And... the bat. :eek:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

aussieguy55 wrote:https://www.Facebook.com/cristina.higgins.7/posts/10157623212885189

Got this on my Facebook page Very scary. Oh well Dr I am 75 and I have had a good life.

I read or saw a video yesterday that said the US is 11 days from becoming Italy based on exponential spread predictors. We'll just have to see how that pans out.

I, like everyone else, do not want to see our hospitals 'creamed' as one report described it, to the point where some of us gets triaged out of existence. :eek:

Meanwhile, we're hunkered down out here in the woods. The second worst thing (besides one of us contracting the virus) that could happen is a blizzard wipes out our power and people in the community lose their freezer food. March and April bring our worst storms. Even so, we are prepared for that event. If all hell breaks loose, the rest of the tribe can come ride it out in the Jersey compound. Wouldn't be the first time.

Crazy times. For real.

Take good care, aussie.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dear lord, what is this place discord.app? Anyone know? One of my relatives just posted this.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... XU6UctUGDE
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

How does one gargle water in one's esophagus and then ungargle it?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:How does one gargle water in one's esophagus and then ungargle it?

- Doc

Spit it out? Don't ask me. What I object to is the information about salt water and vinegar killing the virus. And the fact that the person who posted this on their timeline is over 60, has COPD, and probably thinks this is the freaking cure for coronavirus.
Chinese Proverb
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:How does one gargle water in one's esophagus and then ungargle it?

- Doc

I'm more impressed by the idea that they think saltwater solves a global pandemic and the medical establishment doesn't know this because the most pressing issue for medical science around the globe didn't lead them to consider saltwater.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

EAllusion wrote:

- Doc

I'm more impressed by the idea that they think saltwater solves a global pandemic and the medical establishment doesn't know this because the most pressing issue for medical science around the globe didn't lead them to consider saltwater.

You forgot about the vinegar.

I'm so pissed. Really pissed. As I said above this person is over 60, has COPD and did I mention they work in a busy grocery chain store in Jersey?

I'm going to have to do something about this. People need to listen to the news and get the hell off Facebook.
Chinese Proverb
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

Our Prime Minister has just had a conference with state and territory chief ministers to form a national cabinet. These are Premiers from opposing parties. Unlike Trump our PM is not going on about his opponents. They have created a stimulus package for the economy. Anyone on casual work and sick because of the virus will be paid for sick leave. Mass meetings of more than 500 will be discouraged. The opposition leader said they will fast track any needed bills to deal with the problem. I understand McConnell has blocked a bill sent by Pelosi. If Trump acted like a real statesman he would put aside his worries that this might affect his re-election chances.
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_aussieguy55
_Emeritus

Post by _aussieguy55 »

https://news.yahoo.com/during-fox-frien ... 30950.html

Jerry Fawell says its a plot to stop Trump from getting re-elected
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

aussieguy55 wrote:Jerry Fawell says its a plot to stop Trump from getting re-elected

Fallwell Jr. says Liberty University will continue to hold classes.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace