Biden vs. Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Re: Biden vs. Trump

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Duplicate - please delete
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Obama takes Trump down then totally field dresses him, and then...he inspires. Holy cow.

Barack Obama delivers scathing takedown of Donald Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOt-Brad Wilcox_3Sl8&t=114s
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Trump has done more for race than anyone since Ajax.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Getting ready to watch the replay of tonight's debate. Not sure what I'm walking into, but I'm walking!
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

plexiglass
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

"I think he's a Democrat" Trump...Fauci is unaffiliated. The records are public for god sake.
Chinese Proverb
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

About those battleground states...

42% of Florida has already voted
42% of Michigan has already voted
53% of North Carolina has already voted
41% of Wisconsin has already voted
48% of Arizona has already voted
57% of Georgia has already voted
22% of Pennsylvania has already voted
45% of Iowa has already voted
30% of Ohio has already voted
69% of Texas has already voted

If Trump was hoping to provide some kind of game changer tonight that would affect enough voters to swing it back in his direction, I think he failed dramatically.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

It's election day. You go to the polls to vote wearing a BIDEN mask or a MAGA mask. I believe most municipalities have ordinances that prohibit electioneering within 100 feet of a polling station. So if you take your mask off, you could be violating the law and if you leave your mask on you could possibly violate another law.

Oh 2020! When will you leave?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
- Donald Trump
- Edwin Land
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:28 am
It's election day. You go to the polls to vote wearing a BIDEN mask or a MAGA mask. I believe most municipalities have ordinances that prohibit electioneering within 100 feet of a polling station. So if you take your mask off, you could be violating the law and if you leave your mask on you could possibly violate another law.

Oh 2020! When will you leave?

What if you really wanna screw with people so you wear a MAGA hat and a BIDEN mask? That's not okay?

I'm not going to the polls, but I think that's a cool idea. Still viewing the debate...
Chinese Proverb
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

by the way, I think Biden won. But in all honesty, against a stronger, more prepared debater, I'm not sure if he would have done that well. Trump is a clown at debating. I thought the most telling part of the evening is when both were asked what they would say at their inauguration to the Americans that had not voted for them. Here was Trump's response:
We have to make our country totally successful, as it was prior to the plague coming in from China. Now we’re rebuilding it and we’re doing record numbers, 11.4 million jobs in a short period of time, et cetera. But, I will tell you, go back.

Before the plague came in, just before, I was getting calls from people that were not normally people that would call me. They wanted to get together. We had the best Black unemployment numbers in the history of our country. Hispanic, women, Asian, people with diplomas, with no diplomas, MIT graduates; number one in the class, everybody had the best numbers. And you know what? The other side wanted to get together. They wanted to unify.

Success is going to bring us together. We are on the road to success. But I’m cutting taxes, and he wants to raise everybody’s taxes and he wants to put new regulations on everything. He will kill it. If he gets in, you will have a Depression, the likes of which you’ve never seen. Your 401(k)s will go to hell, and it’ll be a very, very sad day for this country.
The man is the Lord King God of Planet of the Clueless. Personally I think the question was a great setup. It shows that Trump is so wrapped up in his own world he can't really imagine what he would say to people who did not vote for him. In his own mind, there is no difference between the campaign and the Presidency. He totally sailed by the concept that he had been elected, and there was no need to badmouth Joe Biden, especially when addressing the people who just voted for him!

p.s. One of my favorite lines from Trump is 'I am the least racist person in this room'. He says this in auditoriums in front of thousands of people. It is, however, possibly true if the President is addressing a crowd of Proud Boys.
- Will Durant
- Donald Trump
- Edwin Land