Biden vs. Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Biden vs. Trump

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I have to wonder, as I'm watching the replay, when Trump looks at Biden as he's responding...if Trump is wondering... "Why didn't I think of that?"
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:51 am
MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:28 am
It's election day. You go to the polls to vote wearing a BIDEN mask or a MAGA mask. I believe most municipalities have ordinances that prohibit electioneering within 100 feet of a polling station. So if you take your mask off, you could be violating the law and if you leave your mask on you could possibly violate another law.

Oh 2020! When will you leave?

What if you really wanna screw with people so you wear a MAGA hat and a BIDEN mask? That's not okay?
:lol:
What about MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN BY MAKING BLACK LIVES MATTER?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:54 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

What if you really wanna screw with people so you wear a MAGA hat and a BIDEN mask? That's not okay?
What about MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN BY MAKING BLACK LIVES MATTER THIS TIME?
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
- Donald Trump
- Edwin Land
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

delete
- Will Durant
- Donald Trump
- Edwin Land
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

That...was a Presidential debate. Moderator Kristen Welker was excellent!!
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:54 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

What about MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN BY MAKING BLACK LIVES MATTER?
How about we make that...

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN BY MAKING BLACK LIVES MATTER WITH BIDEN

I think that'd fit on a T shirt. Deal or not?
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:52 am

p.s. One of my favorite lines from Trump is 'I am the least racist person in this room'. He says this in auditoriums in front of thousands of people. It is, however, possibly true if the President is addressing a crowd of Proud Boys.
A subtle modification....He says that in an auditorium at a Presidential debate that is being moderated by a mixed race woman of color.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

It seems insane for Trump to suggest that anyone has profited off of government when he has had more foreign and domestic government dollars flow his way than anyone else. However, Trump is a lying scoundrel.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:18 am
That...was a Presidential debate. Moderator Kristen Welker was excellent!!
I agree. I was a little disappointed, though, at the weakness of some of Biden's responses. For one example, when Trump disparaged Dr. Fauci for flip flopping on the efficacy of wearing masks, I wished that Biden had pointed out that the reason Dr. Fauci didn't recommend that everyone wear a mask in the early days of the pandemic was not because he originally thought they were ineffective, but because they were in short supply, at first, and it was vital that medical workers got first priority, for obvious reasons.

One of the funnier moments in the debate was when Trump asked Biden why he didn't get some of the reforms he was proposing passed when Obama was in power and Biden answered, "because the Republicans controlled Congress", whereupon Trump replied, "Well, you should have been more persuasive!" I laughed out loud at the silliness of Trump's response. I remember clearly how the Republicans, especially in the Senate under McConnell made no secret of their determination to block anything the Democrats proposed, whether good or bad, to prevent Obama from succeeding. They even blocked some propositions that they initially proposed themselves when they found that Obama was willing to support them, apparently because they were determined to prevent Obama from sharing any of the credit.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar I was referring to the overall nature and decorum of the debate. The moderator kept the event well in hand and quite frankly, Chris Wallace could learn a thing or two from her skill and technique.

I agree that Biden did not perform as strongly as he could or should have. That said, after 4+ years of Trumps loud mouthed ranting and raving, listening to Biden's rational answers and temperate delivery is like slipping your bare feet into a pair of cozy slippers. We, who have been through a 4 year period of sustained high alert wondering what the hell this guy said or would do on any given day, all need a chance to decompress and a chance to breathe.

I saw this yesterday. I forget where I found it. I think it was mentioned on something I looked at on my phone news before going to sleep last night.

Joe Biden Comforts Son of Slain Parkland Dad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLJfFlS73dw

This so completely demonstrates what Trump lacks vs. what Biden has in spades. An empathetic heart. Biden cares.

Trump can't care.
Chinese Proverb