Biden vs. Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Biden vs. Trump

Post by _moksha »

Wow! That was an incredible video. Thanks for sharing it. I guess not all retired BYU professors are the same.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Professor Fox's video was indeed a powerful video. I hope that it has a profound effect on the vast majority of BYU alumni and staff who saw it, and is enough to convince them of the folly of voting for Trump, let alone worshipping him as so many of his supporters apparently do. It's going to take a lot more than the 25K viewers so far shown in the comment section for it to have an impact, though. Besides that, it is probably true that the vast majority of voters whose minds might have been changed by viewing it have already voted.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:31 pm
Professor Fox's video was indeed a powerful video.
I only watched the first couple minutes of it, and while I obviously agreed with his message, the churchy way he talks gave me the willies, so I had to stop.

And I just kept thinking, "Why do people need this sh-it explained to them? Seriously, WTF?"
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Mary Trump says the media needs to stop acting like Trump's normal.

This is something I've been saying for 5 years now, and is certainly my number one complaint about credible media outlets these days. When they treat him as though he's just another president, they normalize his infantile and corrupt behavior.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:21 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:31 pm
Professor Fox's video was indeed a powerful video.
I only watched the first couple minutes of it, and while I obviously agreed with his message, the churchy way he talks gave me the willies, so I had to stop.

And I just kept thinking, "Why do people need this sh-it explained to them? Seriously, WTF?"
Again I sympathize with your sentiments, but without that churchiness, he would probably have little chance of getting through the Trumpism that fogs the brains of his most religious supporters, particularly of the Mormon variety in Utah, even if his message were not already too late to do any good, which it probably is.

And I certainly agree with you that is astounding how many people still need that explained to them. It's no mere hyperbole that Trump is the most openly corrupt and dishonest President this country has ever had.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:35 pm

This is something I've been saying for 5 years now, and is certainly my number one complaint about credible media outlets these days. When they treat him as though he's just another president, they normalize his infantile and corrupt behavior.
Yup!

― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:38 pm
Again I sympathize with your sentiments, but without that churchiness, he would probably have little chance of getting through the Trumpism that fogs the brains of his most religious supporters, particularly of the Mormon variety in Utah, even if his message were not already too late to do any good, which it probably is.
You're absolutely right; he's doing what he needs to do to get through to his audience. I don't blame him. It's just tough for me personally to listen to, and I didn't need to since I already agree with him.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Her book is amazingly informative. She explains and gives evidences of the nature of the family itself and his father's part in screwing up his kids over time beginning when they were all little and throughout adulthood. The insight she delivers is well worth the read. Trump never even had a shot at being normal. Look at his recent debate performance. He acted normal throughout most of it until the very end where he was asked what he'd say to Americans in his Inauguration speech. He totally went off the rails into a pitch against Biden.

He's not normal. He can never be normal. He can't even fake normal for any length of time.

I highly recommend her book. It is a study in narcissism and sociopathy that is easily understood by most any reader. I listened to it in audiobook version on youtube. The one that RI told me I shouldn't use but I did it anyway because I just had to hear what she had to say and I wanted to hear it "now".

Same thing with Cohen's book. I couldn't wait even a minute longer and I wasn't disappointed!
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Question: Is it wrong that I got an actual adrenaline rush when I opened my ballot this year?

That's never happened before. Think it's normal? ;-)
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:38 pm
You're absolutely right; he's doing what he needs to do to get through to his audience. I don't blame him. It's just tough for me personally to listen to, and I didn't need to since I already agree with him.
Is anyone here able to post this on MD&D and SeN?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace