Biden vs. Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: Biden vs. Trump

Post by _subgenius »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:44 pm
Question: Is it wrong that I got an actual adrenaline rush when I opened my ballot this year?

That's never happened before. Think it's normal? ;-)
Its not uncommon among people prone to hysterics, so yeah for you its normal.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

subjenius,

Disclaimer: I don’t expect people to ready through all this, but if you’re interested on what I have to say, read on. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer with what I know.
So I did it bois, I got that damn Damascus over the weekend. Whoop-tee-whoop.
Never posted on Reddit before but I decided to do it if I achieved Damascus. So here I am, a sick ass gamer boi with a 0.4 K/D ready to flex on everyone like I am 12 again and just got into a modded MW2 lobby.
Now, I know I am quite late to the Damascus party, but let’s not forget I have a job, a girlfriend, a social life and do sport in order to live a healthy life my dudes. And I do not say this to flex on you guys, for that I now have Damascus. This game is so much fun, but so goddamn repetitive at times it would make me want to stab my eyeballs with a fork and pop the idiots out. Don’t get me wrong, this is by far the best CoD ever made (if we take out MW, MW2, WaW and BO1 from the equation), but we cannot compare the good old days to what we have now, they will never come back and we need to sadly live with it :(
Anyways, I thought I would make a fun little recap of what each gun type made me feel like, for those who are almost done with this crap or are very close to achieving it, or maybe even decide to go for it at this point in time. You can do it man/girl (gotta be inclusive these days) I believe in you. The comments below are my own opinion, if your opinion is different I respect it, but don’t find the need to shove it down my throat thanks.
ARs
Launchers are the most tedious to complete, but ARs are very close to being in that position. Sure, ARs are easy to use, very versatile, mostly automatic and the majority can shred enemies to pieces. ARs were the first guns I got platinum with, and boy am I glad I did. In the time I got ARs to platinum, my friend who was grinding along with me, had enough time to get Snipers, Marksman rifles and SMGs to platinum. I cannot tell you how many ground war matches I have played for those long shots, shooting a mag per enemy for some weapons (remember that M13 pre-buff? Yeah sucks). I have crouch-killed so much, my muscle memory kicks in and I still to this day go for the crouch kill. I loved the mounted feature when the game released, but it got to the point where I would just mount the entire game in one spot in order to get that damned camo. Yes, I was THAT person.
I did all ARs in core modes, with the exception of the Oden, FAL and Famas, just because there was no way I was doing a burst weapon and a semi auto AR in core. The Oden was done in HC because, well, I came to the realisation HC was the only way to go if I was to have any chance at Damascus. After trying out HC, for the very first time (seriously) in any CoD, I was hooked on it and never went back to core til’ this day. I can now play like a sweaty cunt with the meta weapons and actually get streaks. Gotta say IW did an amazing job with HC this year. HC is the way to go for most, if not all, weapons.
SMGs
Probably the most fun guns to grind out of all (excluding the knife, we will get to that). SMGs just hit the spot, I absolutely love all the SMGs and I believe I got platinum within a week or less. Nothing to say for these, just enjoy the ride and maybe leave these for last if you really like auto weapons, it will be worth it. If anything, I would say long shots were a pain in the ass, especially for the P90. Then again, there were much less long shots needed, so that helped.
Shotguns
HC beasts. I would not recommend playing one core mode with shotguns, you will break a controller. Of course this does not apply to the 725. Shotguns were like the SMGs, super fun to use and grind out. I have to admit I really loved the 725, it made me feel like a cheap ass but man, you did feel invincible with that thing. Slap on sleight of hand on that idiot and you have a Shoot the Ship monster at your disposal.
I would say the Origin was the hardest of them all, but HC + Shipment 24/7 was just what I needed for it. One shotgun that did not convince me at the beginning but turned out to be one of my favourite guns was the R9-0. If you deck it out with damage range and mobility attachments, that thing is another HC beast. If you see Shipment, Shoot House or even Rust in rotation, use shotguns and you can guarantee some salty in-game chat.
LMGs
PKM good all the rest bad. The PKM is just like a nurturing mother, it will always be there to protect you and if you find yourself in a sticky situation, it will get you out of there without a problem. I enjoyed the PKM so much it was my second gold gun and at that time I wasn’t even trying to go for Damascus. It was, and is, the perfect camping gun. When I was feeling campy, I would slap all the damage range + recoil control attachment on this one and shred anyone who dared to take me out of my spot, absolute favourite. Now, this gun did get a slight nerf but man, it is light years away from the rest.
It is true that if you have a nice MG34 blueprint that you can use it with the iron sight + all the recoil control attachment, but up to you if you wanna spend the money for that. HC is not a must, but highly recommended for LMGs. If you are using an LMG in hardcore you will most definitely be the most hated player in the lobby, along with shotgunners. You basically have enough ammo to last an entire life without recharging (not counting the SA87). Talking about the SA87 - absolute trash. Who in their right minds codes a gun like that into the game. Again, a gun for HC because man the recoil is terrible. All in all, LMGs are a breeze in HC, nothing too crazy, but be sure to play on HC for the SA87 otherwise you will be frustrated.
Sniper Rifles
A bit of a pain in the ass for me as I am not a sniper kinda guy, unless its a private match and we are damned around quick scoping or whatever. The Dragunov was cool to play with in HC as it was like a slower FAL, if you hit your shot you would destroy. I ran these on small maps and mostly with Cronen sights, because I really hate the ADS speed on snipers. They did not take too long and completed each in about 2/3 hours of gameplay.
The AX-50 is very satisfying to kill with, if I ever run snipers in public matches again I will be using this one. Hardest challenge I would say was double kills with the HDR. If you are not accurate with it you can miss on so many double kill opportunities due to how slow this sniper is. To my surprise, platinum was only achieved after you complete the marksman rifles too. I initially thought “A bug in Modern Warfare? No way…”.
Marksman Rifles
Super fun to use… in HC. Marksman rifles are hit marker beasts. If there was a game mode where the team with the most hit markers and no kills would win, everyone would be running marksman rifles. Now, I get that these are supposed to be shorter range snipers and you have to hit headshots and chest shots, but come on, these rifles can manage to hit mark 1 metre away to the chest. Not great, so yeah, play HC for these and you will feel like the master of quick scopes. Same challenges as the snipers and same stuff, did not take too long, these are also a breeze.
Riot Shield
Ingredients for success - Hardcore, a lot of patience and meditation.
This needs to be approached differently: you will die a crap ton of times, you will be looking for shipment also a crap ton of times (unless there is shipment 24/7), you will question your existence and you will be very close to giving up on Damascus, I had very briefly. Hardcore is your friend, you need to value 1 hit kill much more than a 0.10 k/d. You need to be patient and hope the kills while damaged after hurting yourself with a thermite will count, you need to camp around corners to get them 3 kill streaks and you need to pause at times, breathe and meditate in order to not pop a vein.
Personally, it took way less time than I anticipated, but the key here is to never switch weapons, no matter how frustrated you are, so you can get rid of this as soon as damned possible.
Knife
Boy oh boy are you in for a treat... Now, to achieve maximum pleasure, this weapon needs to be run on Shipment, but it can work on any map really. It was the first time I did not play hardcore mode since the ARs and the PKM. Let me tell you, what a breath of fresh air. The knife, equipped with the riot shield (already gold for extra clout of course) on your back is a nightmare combo for the enemy team. I, for one, already start sweating when I notice an enemy dressed like a ninja turtle running around the map, extra sweat if its Shipment.
You are so agile, so fast, so deadly with the knife. All you have to do is run, slide and knife. Run, slide and knife - that is your philosophy for the next 1-2 hours, because that is how little you need to complete this. The challenges are really easy and fast, and on Shipment, the time needed drops by around 50%. A super fun weapon to use and next time Shipment 24/7 is in rotation, I will be that ninja turtle, this time around wearing Damascus to flex on the kids.
Launchers
Boring. Just damned boring. The way to go and how I THANKFULLY thought of doing this is to use them since day 1. You will be shooting down anything that gets up in the air, and if you also play ground war, you better be destroying those tanks, SUVs, trucks and quads. The most annoying challenge is to shoot down 75 ground streaks or vehicles, and unless you are lucky enough to see personal radars/CUAVs/turrets/wheelsons on standard modes, you better be playing ground war with spotter and running to destroy any red outline that looks like a damn ground vehicle.
For me, the most annoying launcher was the JOKR, because you start off beasting through the kills challenges (love killing with the JOKR, feels like you have a Predator missile machine) but then the rest of the challenges just take ages. Pray to the gods there is no teammate running 1 launcher and being active on the grind, because they will steal all your streaks and vehicles.
Furthermore, you will need to run Amped, because the reload time on the launchers is atrocious. Watch out for the Strela-P as Amped has no effect on the reload time for this one. Also one of the challenges in to get kills with Amped, so yeah, I believe it will be the only time where you will be using Amped. Spotter is also recommended but if you tune your ear to react every time you hear “ENEMY PERSONAL RADAR IS ONLINE!!!!11!!11” you won’t really need it.
The way to go used to be to camp in your spawn on ground war and destroy everything that you see, but since this became very well known, there will be enemies camping in front of your spawn just being annoying as crap. Plus the only map which this can be done with minimum interruption is Krovnik Farmland. However, I would just recommend for everyone to do it as I did it, slap on a launcher on all classes and become the team’s personal kill streak destroyer. If you leave launchers to the end, you will definitely give up on Damascus.
Pistols
HC is your friend again. Pistols are quite easy on HC and don’t take too much effort, but some can be played in core just fine. The curious thing with pistols is that they perform better or worse depending on the mode. For HC I found that the big bois were the Deagle, Magnum (without snakeshot) and X16.
On core modes, the 1911, Magnum (with snakeshot) and M19 were the big bois, but just my opinion. Now, personally, I used them all on HC because I am a lazy cunt and you just kill faster, so all guns should still be done on HC in order to improve efficiency. Once you get the duals perk, fun is ensued, unless you are going for the long shots of course then I would not recommend that.
All in all, easy challenges that don’t take too long and took me just under a week to complete, if I used them exclusively as a primary weapon I would say it is possible to get platinum in 2-3 days max if you play a few hours each day and focus on the pistols.
----------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed the read and got the extra motivation you needed to get the Damascus camo. I am currently working on the DLC guns, already have the Holger and very close to getting the Grau 5.56, the Ram will be next along with the Striker once I unlock it.
I really like the grind aspect of games. The Damascus camo grind is what motivated me to put in all the hours and effort into it, plus I have been a Modern Warfare fanboy since I was like 10 years old. I only really enjoyed the Modern Warfare series and Black Ops 1, which was the last game I played seriously. The rest of the games for me just felt a bit meh and over the top. Not into the futuristic jetpack crap, especially not in combination with ridiculous amounts of loot crates which is essentially junior gambling.
By far, the best use for Damascus for me is getting a play of the game/final killcam and receiving an insane amount of salt and hate. It’s even more comical when I get a message in my inbox along the lines of “Fkn no life Damascus little crap, I bet you can't even get a nuke”. Just cracks me up. I still to this day not understand the point of caring so much for your K/D. Who cares if your K/D is over 1.00. I always have had a very average k/d (around 1 - 1.5) and that did not influence the fun I got out of the game. If I want to “F” around I will do so and if I want to get serious I will also do so. If you hate on me for not helping out the team, then go sign yourself up to a CoD tournament dude.
Anyways folks, have a blessed day and may the grind be with you til’ the end.
------------------------------------------------------
If you're reading this, holy “F”, how did you stop and read all of this? Probably not even I would have stopped to read this so props to you. I would have downvoted this thing straight away To be honest. Hope you got something out of it though :)

- Doc
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

moksha wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:01 am
Wow! That was an incredible video. Thanks for sharing it. I guess not all retired BYU professors are the same.
Thanks for the link. I disagree with the guy when he said the election shouldn't be about issues. I think all elections should be about issues and not the person running. In this one, unfortunately, we have Bozo the tv clown v. the guy that has to take campaign breaks all the time because he is probably too tired to do it. One wonders how long it'll be before Kamala is president. However, back to issues, once Biden is there, now what? More of the same when drastic change is needed to stem the tide of billionaire monopolists tightening their grip over us? More war overseas? Less money spent on infrastructure and more on the outsized military? I don't think it matters who is in there now since both parties are pretty much republican due to who contributes to their campaigns.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:26 pm
the guy that has to take campaign breaks all the time because he is probably too tired to do it.
Can you back that up a little, please?

I do agree, of course, that Biden does not campaign like Trump - no frantic mass rallies chanting and yelling close together without masks, and so on But who seems to be doing better at the moment? It seems that Biden has a winning style, and that is what matters, surely?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Why would Biden need to hold rallies to win your vote, Dr. Exiled?

- Doc
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Chap wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:19 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
the guy that has to take campaign breaks all the time because he is probably too tired to do it.

I do agree, of course, that Biden does not campaign like Trump - no frantic mass rallies chanting and yelling close together without masks, and so on But who seems to be doing better at the moment? It seems that Biden has a winning style, and that is what matters, surely?
Why do you think Biden is shutting down his campaign from time to time? Notice also that I said "probably," meaning that I am guessing that a 77 year old might get tired from the rigors of campaigning. Maybe it is true, as well, that Trump is on amphetamines and that is why he seems to have more energy? Like I have always maintained, I think this is an election between two losers. Too bad there isn't a viable third and fourth choice.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:45 pm

- Doc
It's probably a moot point anyway if one believes the polls.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Biden took several days off to prepare for the third debate. That’s typical for any candidate. Trump held rallies because he doesn’t spend as much time in preparation. Trump is obese, out of shape, and not that much younger than Biden. He also spends an inordinate amount of time on his ass watching TV. In a contest of physical endurance, I’d put my money on Biden.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Chap wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:19 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:46 pm
Why do you think Biden is shutting down his campaign from time to time?
Sorry if I have not made myself clear. I'd just like to know what it is that Biden has done 'from time to time' that you qualify as 'shutting down his campaign' or 'taking campaign breaks'.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

[quote="Dr Exiled" post_id=1240874 time=1603658983 user_id=18909]
[quote="Doctor CamNC4Me" post_id=1240872 time=1603658716 user_id=3779]

- Doc
[/quote]

It's probably a moot point anyway if one believes the polls.
[/quote]

Ok, but why would Biden need to hold rallies to win your vote?

- Doc