Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by _grindael »

_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:31 am
If Trump has to put up with Jim Acosta, the next Democrat president should be subject to a daily grilling fron Sean Hannity.
That would be easy. The answer to every question would be, Don't be an idiot.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:34 am
Anyone who follows or supports Trump without question is either hopelessly deluded, or just as dishonest and corrupt as Trump himself.
It doesn't seem possible, but ajax proves this true every time he posts.

I seriously cannot imagine being that gullible.

Honestly. How does anyone fall for Trump? I'd have thought you'd have to be a monkey or something... or maybe from West Virginia.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:25 am
Gunnar wrote:
Anyone who follows or supports Trump without question is either hopelessly deluded, or just as dishonest and corrupt as Trump himself.

Honestly. How does anyone fall for Trump? I'd have thought you'd have to be a monkey or something... or maybe from West Virginia.
That is a huge mystery to me too. I don't even really need to hear what his critics say about him. The strongest evidence of his ignorance and incompetence is what exits almost every day from his own mouth. It boggles my mind that anyone with the science and math educational background required to be a competent optometrist, like Ajax, can fail to see that! It raises serious doubts in my mind that he can really be what he claims to be.

As you have said before, his only real skill his ability to attract and persuade others who are as biased and/or willfully ignorant or even more so than himself. Until Trump came along, I had no idea just how many people like that there were in this country. That there are so many, powerfully attests to the failure of the American Educational System. This also shows up in the poor average showing of American elementary and high school children at almost all grade levels compared to their contemporaries in most other developed countries, and even some third world countries. Yet, despite that, we manage to some outstanding schools and universities that are unexcelled by any others, anywhere else on earth. I am inclined to attribute much or this to systematic and deliberate efforts by anti-science, religiously motivated, fundamentalist conservatives who have succeeded in hijacking the Republican Party to dumb down the American electorate by defunding and deemphasizing the value of public education.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:25 am
Gunnar wrote:

That is a huge mystery to me too. I don't even really need to hear what his critics say about him. The strongest evidence of his ignorance and incompetence is what exits almost every day from his own mouth. It boggles my mind that anyone with the science and math educational background required to be a competent optometrist, like Ajax, can fail to see that! It raises serious doubts in my mind that he can really be what he claims to be.

As you have said before, his only real skill his ability to attract and persuade others who are as biased and/or willfully ignorant or even more so than himself. Until Trump came along, I had no idea just how many people like that there were in this country. That there are so many, powerfully attests to the failure of the American Educational System. This also shows up in the poor average showing of American elementary and high school children at almost all grade levels compared to their contemporaries in most other developed countries, and even some third world countries. Yet, despite that, we manage to have some outstanding schools and universities that are unexcelled by any others, anywhere else on earth.

I am inclined to attribute much of this educational deficiency to decades long, systematic and deliberate efforts by anti-science, religiously motivated, fundamentalist conservatives who have succeeded in hijacking the Republican Party, to dumb down the American electorate by inadequately funding and deemphasizing the value of public education and critical thinking.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Has there been anything more from Trump about drinking bleach?
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

moksha wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 am
Has there been anything more from Trump about drinking bleach?
Even Trump has enough working brain cells to figure out that his remarks about that made him a worldwide laughing stock. I doubt he'll make that particular mistake again.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:43 am
I am inclined to attribute much of this educational deficiency to decades long, systematic and deliberate efforts by anti-science, religiously motivated, fundamentalist conservatives who have succeeded in hijacking the Republican Party, to dumb down the American electorate by inadequately funding and deemphasizing the value of public education and critical thinking.
Religious freedom is in the Constitution, and because most people forego the responsibility that comes with that freedom, it comes with a heavy price.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Audio resurfaced Thursday in which Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) suggested that her husband, John Bessler, had taken hydroxychloroquine during his battle against coronavirus, from which he later recovered.

The audio was cited by the Gateway Pundit blog, which in turn referred to P. J. Gladnick at the Citizen Free Press blog, who cited an April 7 interview on the Michael Smerconish Program on Sirius XM Radio 124 (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. ET, weekdays).

Smerconish and Klobuchar discussed her husband’s recovery, and had the following exchange (here from 4:47 to 5:41):

Smerconish: Has it influenced your thought process relative to the discussion or debate about hydroxychloroquine?

Klobuchar: Well, I think that I listen to the science there. I believe he did briefly take that drug, I’d have to check with his doctors, because of course I wasn’t there. But I think that — or some drug like it — but I think that we have to listen to the science and you have to listen to your doctors, [about] what is going to work in each individual situation. Sometimes you might have other conditions that make it so you can’t take certain drugs, sometimes your own condition with the virus wouldn’t demand that, and so I think people have to look at what works. And I just believe in science, something this president has been not listening to.

Curiously, Klobuchar mocked President Donald Trump on Wednesday for taking the drug (prescribed by his medical team at the White House, with zinc, as a prophylactic):

She tweeted, "They say that hydroxychloroquine can lead to hallucinations."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... loroquine/
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Trump is mocked for promoting something as a cure which isn't a cure and then encouraging people to take it saying it is 100% harmless which is a 100% incorrect statement.

What's your point again?