Lyra Jeffries LaPan Nata Est!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Lyra Jeffries LaPan Nata Est!

Post by _MsJack »

Lyra Jeffries LaPan, born 5/17/2020 at 9:27 PM

7 lbs. 15 oz., 19 in.

Labor induced at 37 weeks due to preeclampsia; she probably would have been as huge as her big brother if she'd been able to go to term. She has a lot of pale blonde hair, which really surprised us. (My other two were mostly baldies at birth.)

I had what was probably overall my healthiest, least painful delivery. Sadly, inducing labor at 37 weeks ("early term") does carry risk, and it turned out that Lyra's lungs were not mature even though I did the recommended steroid shots at 35 weeks. She had good Apgars (9 and 9, same as her brother), but still wound up being transferred to the NICU in another hospital. She's expected to need 1-2 weeks of breathing support before she'll be able to go home.

So I am home without her now, and due to COVID, only one parent can go see her at a time, and her siblings won't be able to meet her until she comes home. We love her and hope we get to bring her home soon.

_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Lyra Jeffries LaPan Nata Est!

Post by _Dr Exiled »

CONGRATULATIONS! She looks beautiful!
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

She is just so beautiful, Jack! Just think of the stories you'll have to tell her about the year she was born! Give her a little sniff for me, okay? ;-)
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Damn, babies are cute. This one is no exception. Love the hair.

Good work. Hope you are well. Pregnancy can do a number.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

best wishes to both of you, all of you. Happy.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Congratualations! What a doll! So glad it went well during this crazy time. She’ll be home soon!
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

I'm so happy that everything turned out okay. Congratulations!
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Congratulations!! Hoping you’ll all be together soon as a healthy, happy family!!
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Beautiful baby and quite a good size especially for induced labor at 37 weeks. Congratulations!

My son was small at birth due to coming early from preeclampsia. He's already a little giant.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Congratulations! I hope everything continues to go well for her and improve. In my unbiased opinion (of course :wink: ) she is darn near, but not quite, every bit as cute as my own grandchildren!