Biden delivers

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Biden delivers

Post by _subgenius »

I will just leave this here:

"If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black," Biden said."/i]

apologetics in 3...2..
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Re: Biden delivers

Post by _Icarus »

What took you so long?

It was a dumb comment, clearly sarcastic. I suspect he'll pick up more black votes from this remark than he'll lose.

I'll put on my subgenius hat on and pretend Trump said it: "So he thinks black people are never indecisive.. sounds like a compliment."
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Democrats could put Obama as VP then have Biden resign due to dementia.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Biden in a landslide if he chooses Michelle Obama.

The only good news for Trump is that she's not interested.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

What apologetic? It was an incredibly dumb statement primarily because he assumes Black people should vote Democrat, which is a nod to promised entitlement programs. There's so much wrong with the statement I don't even know where to begin, but sufficeth to say it's nice to see Subgenius drunk drive-by posting again.

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Most black people I know liked his remark. Ultimately those black people (vast majority) who hate Trump will love this comment and the Candace Owen types on the right will have conniption fits over it, suggesting that this old white dude is more in touch with the black community than she is.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Jamelle Hill sure agreed with Biden. I guess most black people did like the comment which is sad.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:36 am
Jamelle Hill sure agreed with Biden. I guess most black people did like the comment which is sad.
Because they know he's not racist. He is far more in touch with the black community than Trump could ever hope to be. Trump's only talking point for the black people is, "Look at the black unemployment rate since I got elected its at record lows."

Well, it was on the verge of record low leading up to the election after 6 years of dramatic decline thanks to Obama. Most black people understand this.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Imagine Trump apologizing for a remark a like this almost immediately...

"The bottom line of all this is perhaps I was much too cavalier," Biden said in a campaign call with black business leaders. "I know that the comments have come off like I was taking the African American vote for granted. But nothing could be further for the truth. I've never ever done that and I've earned it every time I've run. I was making the point that I have never taken the vote for granted. And in fact, I know in order to win the presidency I need the African American vote. And it was the driving force as I said in the beginning of my campaign year ago, to my being able to win in the first place and win the primary. And it is going to be critical to my winning the presidency."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 ... iew-274490
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Icarus wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:53 am
Imagine Trump apologizing for a remark a like this almost immediately...

"The bottom line of all this is perhaps I was much too cavalier," Biden said in a campaign call with black business leaders. "I know that the comments have come off like I was taking the African American vote for granted. But nothing could be further for the truth. I've never ever done that and I've earned it every time I've run. I was making the point that I have never taken the vote for granted. And in fact, I know in order to win the presidency I need the African American vote. And it was the driving force as I said in the beginning of my campaign year ago, to my being able to win in the first place and win the primary. And it is going to be critical to my winning the presidency."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 ... iew-274490
Kewl, one being racist is just one being "too cavalier".
That David Duke is just "too cavalier".