Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Re: Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

Post by _ajax18 »

What evidence do you have that these are BLM protesters?
Well do you want BLM to publicly claim responsibility as Hezbollah would? These thugs were flying the "I can't breathe," banner.

Did BLM say it wasn't their protesters? You know the new "silence is violence," standard.

And where is the systemic racism and white privilege in this video I posted?
Last edited by ICCrawler - ICjobs on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:14 pm
Well do you want BLM to publicly claim responsibility as Hezbollah would?

Did BLM say it wasn't their protesters? You know the new "silence is violence," standard.

And where is the systemic racism and white privilege in this video I posted?
So, you have no evidence it was BLM then? You just attributed some people engaging in theft and violence to BLM because they were black?

Where is the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the video you posted? If you can't show me, I'm afraid we're gonna have to conclude PB&J's don't exist.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:57 pm
EAllusion,

Your choice to help dismantle systemic racism is a white woman?

*sucks teeth*

- Doc
Yeah, the cynical attempt to show a mock desire for representation over policy substance while infantalizing the actual preferences of black voters is kinda racist.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Tell that to BLM.

- Doc
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:35 pm
Tell that to BLM.

- Doc
Oh, so you are attempting to mock attempts at reforming systemic underrepresentation by turning it into a strawman argument about a particular political office? Cool.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

EAllusion wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:22 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:13 pm
A white female demonstrates an example of her white privilege she enjoys from BLM protesters. Not sure if the link will work as google is censoring videos that show the other side of the argument. She must have been racist because these are great days for nonracist white people, right Icarus?

https://13wham.com/news/local/woman-att ... r-business
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

EA,

Oh, are we playing the game of attributing motivation to someone so you can address that motivation? I already voiced my support for a couple of fine candidates. I think you supporting systemic racism by continuing to emplace white people into positions of power that a competent POC could assume just furthers divides the country. I wouldn’t dare call you a racist for wanting to perpetuate whites in positions of power over POCs, when what we need right now is to enfranchise POCs at this opportune time. That’d just be cheap point scoring on my half, which we know we both find distasteful.

- Doc
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

What am I supposed to tell BLM again? I don't think voices inside BLM want tokenism either. If you think Elizabeth Warren as VP is inconsistent with the ideological positions typical of the decentralized voices of leadership inside of the BLM movement, then you are incorrect. I'm not "attributing motivations" to you so much as trying to parse your cryptic comments.

I do not think that rectifying systemic under-representation of people of color requires support of qualified people of color for all important positions until the situation reverses itself or we run out of qualified people. That is not a tenable approach to social change and isn't even a normal policy recommendation of civil rights activists. I'm skeptical that is your position - it certainly is inconsistent with your positions of the very recent past - but if you have been radicalized into a very different person in the past couple of weeks or so, then note the island you are out on. And yes, I will reiterate my stance that if a person is going to presume for black voters and black activists that what's best for them, over and above their own stated preferences, is representation of their racial identity before policy or political considerations, then that sounds kinda racist. It both infantalizes them on the basis of race and ignores what more sophisticated calls for fixing systemic racial discrimination are actually asking for.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

So, Doc, do you support people of color in all important roles in the Biden admin? Every Senate confirmed appointment a person of color?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

So, EA, are you suggesting POCs lack the qualified personnel to fill those roles?

- Doc