Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Re: Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

Post by _Icarus »

"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:16 pm
So, EAllusion, are you suggesting POCs lack the qualified personnel to fill those roles?

- Doc
I'm suggesting the opposite. The positions are so few that there is a person of color qualified for every high level government post there is. I am asking you if you are consistent and support a person of color in every high level government post.

Do you? Do you *suck teeth* at the suggestion that any high level post in government should be filled by anyone other than a person of color?
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Someone needs to explain to this so-called African American that what's in her interest is Harris or Demings on the ticket because they are black. What more could you want? It's representation.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politi ... 66952.html
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

EA,

I'm cool with it, racist. When given the opportunity to deinstitutionalize White systemic hegemony you opted to continue it. Shame on you.

- Doc
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:16 pm
EAllusion,

I'm cool with it, racist. When given the opportunity to deinstitutionalize White systemic hegemony you opted to continue it. Shame on you.

- Doc
This is a sincere post.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

WHITE SILENCE IS COMPLIANCE.

https://ibb.co/x64vrGV

EA could’ve advocated for a Black woman (or less good a Black man), but he didn’t. He advocated for the continued White hegemonic and systemic control of powerful institutions by fronting a two-White-person team, heterosexuals by the way, for President and VPOTUS.

He is racist and is literally advocating violence against POCs. Any board members that don’t speak out against this violence are guilty of and luxuriating in their white privilege.

- Doc
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

EAllusion wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:22 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:14 pm

Well do you want BLM to publicly claim responsibility as Hezbollah would?

Did BLM say it wasn't their protesters? You know the new "silence is violence," standard.

And where is the systemic racism and white privilege in this video I posted?
So, you have no evidence it was BLM then? You just attributed some people engaging in theft and violence to BLM because they were black?

Where is the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the video you posted? If you can't show me, I'm afraid we're gonna have to conclude PB&J's don't exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv5YWHliaNs

Here's another one that youtube has hidden and taken down. Dang right they don't exist anymore. Your side is winning the war in what we're allowed to see.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:06 am

Here's another one that youtube has hidden and taken down. Dang right they don't exist anymore. Your side is winning the war in what we're allowed to see.
One, this is not taken down. Learn to Internet. Two, this is again rioters who are attempting to rob a store and assault store owners getting in their way. Three, asking where the systemic racism is in this is a complete non-sequitur that shows you don't understand the concept enough to even discuss it. You seem to think it means something like, "black people being mistreated" and think if you show an example of blacks committing a crime that proves systemic racism doesn't exist since blacks mistreat white people too. Systemic racism involves things like housing discrimination reinforced by government zoning policy reinforcing a racial caste system, disparities in policing methods towards different races, job discrimination on the basis of race, etc. You wouldn't expect to find something like that in a video like this because this video isn't about those things.

Videos of police assaulting and killing black people are relevant because they are examples of agents of the state engaging in misconduct that is well understood to disproportionately affect black Americans due to systemic issues - systemic issues like prejudices about blacks inherently being more dangerous leading to more aggressive policing tactics which then paradoxically produces more danger.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 am
WHITE SILENCE IS COMPLIANCE.

https://ibb.co/x64vrGV

EAllusion could’ve advocated for a Black woman (or less good a Black man), but he didn’t. He advocated for the continued White hegemonic and systemic control of powerful institutions by fronting a two-White-person team, heterosexuals by the way, for President and VPOTUS.

He is racist and is literally advocating violence against POCs. Any board members that don’t speak out against this violence are guilty of and luxuriating in their white privilege.

- Doc
I'm going to put the odds that you once said, "Did you just assume my gender!?" and thought yourself clever at north of 50%.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Study after study shows that blacks use drugs about at the same rates as whites and sell them at slightly lower rates. Yet, blacks are drastically more likely to be searched for drugs. If drugs are found, they are more likely to be charged with a crime. If charged with a crime, they are more likely to be convicted. If convicted, the are more likely to receive a harsher sentence. Every step of the way magnifies the disparity in outcome that when you end up looking at the end state, blacks are vastly more likely than whites to be in prison for drug crimes even though all the independent evidence suggests they do not commit more drug crimes. Why this happen is a combination of prejudices of individual actors in the system and systems being structurally designed is such a way that blacks are put at significant disadvantage. It's both biased prosecutors/judges *and* the fact that police are expected to search people more in black-dominated neighborhoods.

This, in total, is one example of what is meant by systemic racism.

Posting a video of some black people assaulting someone and asking "where's the systemic racism in this?!" makes it seem like you suffered brain damage in an explosion in your makeshift meth lab. It's so dumb, it's hard to take the idea of engaging you seriously.