Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Re: Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

Post by _Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:47 pm
That isn't a foregone conclusion. It is the conclusion deduced from actual facts. That a notorious Nazi would argue racism doesn't exist isn't really surprising.
Does it surprise you that this police brutality is happening in Democrat run cities and states rather than rural red areas where all the supposed hard core racists live? If you're going to use the where the protests are the most prolonged, disruptive, and violent as a barometer, than Res Ipsa must be much more racist than I am.
Most large cities tend to vote Democrat, but there is no such thing as "Democrat run cities" in terms of police brutality. This is just beyond stupid. There is no causation here, only correlation and it has nothing to do with political philosophies employed. But you're too stupid to understand this.

The most heinous incident of police brutality happened in Rural Alabama when an Indian father was visiting his son. He didn't understand English, was walking the streets minding his own business when some racist “F” called 911 as if he were a terrorist. Cops slammed him to the ground, breaking his back and paralyzing him for life. The assault of Sureshbhai Patel occurred on February 6, 2015.

Breonna Taylor shot in Republican Kentucky.

Remember Ferguson Missouri? Republican.

When John Crawford was murdered by cops in a Walmart, that happened in rural Beavercreek Ohio, where Republican Bob Stone was mayor.

Oh, and by the way, remember that black jogger who was chased down and murdered like a dog by three rednecks in "Rural" Georgia this year? This crap happens everywhere, but tends to be recorded where more people are because everyone has a cell phone. Bocephus and Haus could be burying black bodies all throughout rural Mississippi and Kentucky, but none of that is likely to be recorded so we don't know about it.

Police brutality has a hot spot in Dallas Texas as well.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Most large cities tend to vote Democrat, but there is no such thing as "Democrat run cities" in terms of police brutality. [
So at best Democrats in government have no effect upon systemic racism in law enforcenent.

Wouldn't you expect devastating protests in WV since it's so full of uneducated white nationalists and always has been? Kind of funny that race is a nonissue in WV while enlightened places like Portland and Seattle have been burning all summer.

We can see how well people like EAllusion have helped cool racial tensions in Wisconsin and how well things have gone in Minnesota (a state full of people like Gunnar) for people of color.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:31 am
So at best Democrats in government have no effect upon systemic racism in law enforcenent.
Systemic racism, which you don't even grasp or understand, isn't something that can be affected by one political party.
ajax18 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:31 am
Kind of funny that race is a nonissue in West Virginia
I guess WV ignorance applies to their own current events...

Video Surfaces of Police Brutality in Morgantown WV

Video Shows Teen’s Beating By West Virginia Police During Traffic Stop

'This has to stop,' appeals court says in siding with family of West Virginia man killed by police

Charleston officers accused of excessive force against minors

Westover Police accused of using excessive force in federal lawsuit

Officer at center of excessive force trial named in two other ongoing police brutality suits

Like I said, just because the most publicized incidents and largest protests aren't in WV, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:34 pm
So will Res Ipsa and Icarus admit on this thread they’re racists?

- Doc
I’ve told you quite a bit about how I think about racism. I haven’t yet addressed the problems I see with vocabulary. How about you tell me what you mean when you use the term racist, and I’ll tell you if I think I fit your definition.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Here is another one for you in rural Georgia, just yesterday...

CAUGHT ON VIDEO
GEORGIA COPS SMOTHER, BEAT LYFT PASSENGER ...
Who Wouldn't Show His ID

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/12/georgia- ... KbdHKsNHSM
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I’ve told you quite a bit about how I think about racism. I haven’t yet addressed the problems I see with vocabulary. How about you tell me what you mean when you use the term racist, and I’ll tell you if I think I fit your definition.
Racism can mean anything.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:26 pm
Racism can mean anything.
So can God.

Hey, that must mean God doesn't really exist either!
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

I love that the NFL is going full Screw you to the Trumpidiocy with their messages. There were BLM sentiments everywhere in Kansas City the other night, including on players' helmets. Nice.

Get in everyone's face, guys. It's the only way things might start to change. It's certainly not going to originate with the liar/asshole/deadbeat class in West Virginia.

I just have to say that it's strange to me people want to claim there's no systemic racism in the various police departments around the country. I actually think that makes the police look worse. So you aren't shooting black men over race; what is your damned incompetence really about then? Are you just capricious and stupid? Is that it?

At least if you blame race, you can identify a reason for bad policing (irrational fear of people you perceive as different), as opposed to wanton, arbitrary, inconsistent stupidity.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

On Thursday night the players joined arms to stand for unity and the crowd booed.

The crowed booed against unity. We're a lost country.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Icarus wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:54 pm
On Thursday night the players joined arms to stand for unity and the crowd booed.
Yep. “F” them. They want to cheer when their team makes a great play? Then respect them as people, too. They aren't damned gladiators there to give up their lives for people's amusement.
Icarus wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:54 pm
The crowed booed against unity. We're a lost country.
The GOP has abandoned the Constitution. They had the opportunity on a silver platter to bring it back but refused to hold Trump accountable by removing him after impeachment. This isn't even America anymore. We have a dictator and a feckless, impotent GOP senate.

No wonder people booed. They look to leaders who refuse to lead. Whining is their MO.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.