Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Trump is having transient ischemic attacks and multiple mini strokes. You’re worried about Biden, though. Got it.

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:00 pm
Icarus wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:21 pm

Of course it is Trump's fault. Weird how this ____ didn't happen under Obama huh?
The hell it didn't. Ferguson, Baton Rouge antifa killing 3 officers, The riots will not stop if Biden wins. Acting president Kamala Harris is on tape saying she doesn't think the riots should stop. Perhaps that's why most Democrats wouldn't vote for her in the primary and she had to team up with the walking corpse she views as a segregationist who sexually harasses women.
I'm talking about how Trump as President has exacerbated the problem. I believe the riots can stop if Biden wins depending on how they approach it. If they enact police reform immediately in ways that will hold bad cops accountable while reforming the system to make it easier for good cops to report the bad cops without being fired, that would go a very long way in terms of meaningful change. Trump would never do anything that is necessary because like most idiots on the Right, he doesn't believe racism is a problem at all, and certainly not among law enforcement. The reason there are riots is because black people keep getting killed for reasons that are suspicious at best, racist at worst. Kamala Harris never said RIOTS should continue, that's just you repeating a Right Wing headline without bothering to check the video to see she was referring to protests. And ANTIFA didn't kill three officers in Louisiana either.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I'm talking about how Trump as President has exacerbated the problem. I believe the riots can stop if Biden wins depending on how they approach it.
Oh how reassuring! You also believe that these riots are carried out by the alt right in disguise and that all BLM protesters are peaceful. Given that fact why would the riots stop if police reform were enacted. You'd think that would make the alt right more angry.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Welp. It looks like the struggle sessions have started up:

https://ibb.co/d05mNMy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struggle_session

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:53 pm

Oh how reassuring! You also believe that these riots are carried out by the alt right in disguise and that all BLM protesters are peaceful.
I've never once said this. I've pointed out numerous examples of documented instances where violent protesters turned out to be members of Right Wing groups and I've also pointed out the documented fact that millions of protesters do so peacefully on a daily basis. This doesn't negate the minority exceptions. But people like you only think in binary, it is all or nothing, and you are caught in a FOX News loop where reruns of the worst incidents are shown every day giving the false impression that it is happening all day every day.

Because you're sheep. Like Donald Trump saying just the other day that Portland has been "ablaze all the time," a statement that was so typical though so ignorant that Portland's fire chief felt compelled to chime in with a fact check: https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/politics ... index.html
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Right Wing groups and I've also pointed out the documented fact that millions of protesters do so peacefully on a daily basis.
Kind of like the CNN reporter calling the protests "mostly peaceful" with building burning down in the background. No violence here, just a block party or festive backyard BBQ
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

They're openly agitating for war:

https://ibb.co/7VZvJF1

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm
They're openly agitating for war:

https://ibb.co/7VZvJF1

- Doc
Who is "they"? Isn't that the same guy who is suspected of shooting the patriot prayer guy? He got a grand total of 7 likes and that's it?!? But I thought this was a worldwide ANTIFA Marxist Terrorist network.

Meanwhile, cops around the country have been clamoring in private for a race war for quite some time. What's more disturbing I wonder?

1. A nationwide network of public officials with the authority of the state behind them casually executing black citizens or
2. A loon in Portland who didn't finally snap until his town was raided by a caravan of armed militia randomly firing pepper spray and paint balls (those hurt!) at bystanders

Hmmmm. Tough call here.

https://www.justsecurity.org/70507/whit ... or-obrien/
Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm
Right Wing groups and I've also pointed out the documented fact that millions of protesters do so peacefully on a daily basis.
Kind of like the CNN reporter calling the protests "mostly peaceful" with building burning down in the background. No violence here, just a block party or festive backyard BBQ
Notice you cannot produce a reference, and yes, any protest has been "mostly peaceful." It's been more than 6 months of protests now and the worst examples of violence have come mostly from Right Wingers pretending to be self-appointed militiamen.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »