Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Systemic Racism: Fact or Myth?

Post by _Gunnar »

I'm happy for Patrick D. Hampton and his 4 boys that they have had uplifting and nurturing experiences with cops who are good role models, and really take to heart their obligation to protect and serve. It is really a blessing for them to know and interact with such admirable cops. I really do think that a majority of cops try their best to live up to that ideal most of the time. But we can't ignore the fact that there are too many cops who do not, and really seem to be racist and less respectful of nonwhites, and even economically disadvantaged Whites, and that nonwhites of all genders and most social classes are more likely to experience brutal and unfair treatment by these bad, self-entitled, bullying cops, than prosperous, middle class and well-to-do Whites.

None of us are claiming that all, or even a majority of cops are necessarily racists and authoritarian bullies, but that does not negate the abundant evidence that there are too many cops who are, and that even some of the good cops are reluctant, due to peer pressure, to oppose and report the malfeasance of their fellow cops who are bad. Thus the BLM movement, which, by most accounts, is supported by a strong majority of the American people.

I will concede also that bad cops are much more likely to come to the attention of the media than good cops, giving a much exaggerated impression of the prevalence of bad policemen. This is grossly unfair to the many good and admirable cops in law enforcement. What do you say to the idea of starting a new thread solely devoted to posts describing and honoring good cops who truly live up to the ideal of serving and protecting?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:24 am
I'm happy for Patrick D. Hampton and his 4 boys that they have had uplifting and nurturing experiences with cops who are good role models, and really take to heart their obligation to protect and serve. It is really a blessing for them to know and interact with such admirable cops. I really do think that a majority of cops try their best to live up to that ideal most of the time. But we can't ignore the fact that there are too many cops who do not, and really seem to be racist and less respectful of nonwhites, and even economically disadvantaged Whites, and that nonwhites of all genders and most social classes are more likely to experience brutal and unfair treatment by these bad, self-entitled, bullying cops, than prosperous, middle class and well-to-do Whites.

None of us are claiming that all, or even a majority of cops are necessarily racists and authoritarian bullies, but that does not negate the abundant evidence that there are too many cops who are, and that even some of the good cops are reluctant, due to peer pressure, to oppose and report the malfeasance of their fellow cops who are bad. Thus the BLM movement, which, by most accounts, is supported by a strong majority of the American people.

I will concede also that bad cops are much more likely to come to the attention of the media than good cops, giving a much exaggerated impression of the prevalence of bad policemen. This is grossly unfair to the many good and admirable cops in law enforcement. What do you say to the idea of devoting this thread you started solely to posts describing and honoring the deeds of good cops, who truly serve and protect?
Show me someone who didn't commit any crimes who didn't resist arrest and complied with the law enforcement officers who was killed. Right now all I've seen are criminals who fought the law and the got themselves hurt by pushing the envelope one step to far.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:58 am

Show me someone who didn't commit any crimes who didn't resist arrest and complied with the law enforcement officers who was killed. Right now all I've seen are criminals who fought the law and the got themselves hurt by pushing the envelope one step to far.
Mass murderer, James Holmes.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:58 am
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:58 am

Did he get the death penalty?

In any event, he's not black. I'm not sure why you mentioned him.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Did he get the death penalty?
No.
In any event, he's not black. I'm not sure why you mentioned him.
I thought when you said this:
That you were referring to criminals. I didn't know that you wanted them sorted by color.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

That you were referring to criminals. I didn't know that you wanted them sorted by color.
Well yeah, the thread is about systemic racism. I'm asking about the victims who BLM is burning down cities for. At least Democrats are past denying this is happening and have noved on to saying it's Trump's fault even though it's the Democrats like Maxine Waters calling for people to get confrontational and in the face of there fellow Republican citizens.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:15 pm

Well yeah, the thread is about systemic racism. I'm asking about the victims who BLM is burning down cities for. At least Democrats are past denying this is happening and have noved on to saying it's Trump's fault even though it's the Democrats like Maxine Waters calling for people to get confrontational and in the face of there fellow Republican citizens.
Of course it is Trump's fault. Weird how this crap didn't happen under Obama huh?
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Lebron James speaks for a large majority of black people. Isolated idiots like Patrick D. Hampton and Candice Owens are just trying to get attention from the party of Whiteness. It is really sad to see this, as it reveals just how low their own self esteem is. Hampton clearly lives in a bubble if he still believes black people are only abused and murdered by cops because they grew up to disrespect authority. With this comment he throws any credibility he thinks he had out the window, and is an embarrassment to black people. Of course, nazi racists like Ajax are quick to relay what they said as if they're buddies, but in reality Ajax would never give this guy the time of day. He's just being a useful idiot for his politics.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://youtu.be/GHRJJkT_7EY?t=2620

Colion Noir speaks truth to power about BLM's leadership. Do we really believe they'll implement a better system than the one we have now?

"Collins Iyare Idehen Jr., better known as Colion Noir, is an American gun rights activist, lawyer, and host of the web series NOIR. He has over 121 million views and over 1,470,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel as of July 2020. Wikipedia"

- Doc
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Icarus wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:21 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:15 pm

Of course it is Trump's fault. Weird how this ____ didn't happen under Obama huh?
The hell it didn't. Ferguson, Baton Rouge antifa killing 3 officers, The riots will not stop if Biden wins. Acting president Kamala Harris is on tape saying she doesn't think the riots should stop. Perhaps that's why most Democrats wouldn't vote for her in the primary and she had to team up with the walking corpse she views as a segregationist who sexually harasses women.