Hair cut or not?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Re: Hair cut or not?

Post by _Themis »

subgenius wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:41 am
Bump for Jersey Girl who has so often condemned persons like Pence for lack of mask wearing in public.
I assume the crickets are here in her stead.
Has she not said she was lied to and set up with this event? Is that plausible?
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Pelosi should be removed as Speaker and acknowledge her hypocrisy.

- Doc
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Themis wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:49 pm
subgenius wrote:
Bump for Jersey Girl who has so often condemned persons like Pence for lack of mask wearing in public.

subgenius you could have bumped this a zillion times and I wouldn't have noticed your post unless someone quoted it like Themis did right there. I have had you on ignore for several months if not a year now. I've stated so more than once.

I didn't change my mind.

That said. Themis, Pelosi is full of crap. Her state has strict Covid 19 guidelines that apply to hair salons (just like my state has) and she, as a responsible resident--not to mention she's the freaking Speaker of the House who deals with the pandemic every day of her life--she should know what those are. This bullsh-it about how the salon owner told her they could have one client in the shop at a time doesn't cut it. She should definitely know better than that and to say she was set up...makes her look like an ass-covering ding dong.

What it actually makes her look like is an elitist who was looking for special favor and got it. Right on camera.

The first reports I heard about it said that she had a shampoo and blow out. That made things look even worse. What 80 year old woman would go into a shop during a pandemic to have her hair shampooed and blown out? I suppose she actually got a wash, cut and/or Brazilian blow out--hello formaldehyde--or something to that effect. I also read a comment presumably made by her that said she usually has someone come to the house. Well, she could have just cost someone their cosmetologist license with that tidbit of information. I'm not well familiar with the health department statutes in CA but it's typically illegal for a licensed cosmetologist to do hair outside of a shop or licensed mobile salon.

Anyway, looking at her hair style (woman to woman so to speak) she wears a medium length bob that could easily go without salon services for several months and simply put it up as it grows out for a change in style.

My own hair was cut in a shorter bob than hers, needed a cut months before the pandemic hit, and it grew down to my shoulders and while it still "held" the cut, I cut it several times myself at home.

So yes, she should be condemned not only for doing it but for trying to spin it. She deals with the pandemic every day. She made herself look like an irresponsible under-informed bubble brain or an elitist trying to cover her tracks. I say it's the latter. Either way, it was poor judgement on her part.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:08 pm

- Doc
In my view, she's in no position to go around criticizing Trump now. She really is not. I'm disappointed because I did have respect for her. She has presented herself as someone who relates to the plight of the American public during these challenging times and an advocate for us.

And she took advantage of an offer (or requested it herself) on account of her special status that no normal American woman could have at the current time. The rest of us waited and waited and cut our own hair or went without entirely, until some of us were legit able to go into a shop like I just did recently.

I wore a mask the whole time I was in the shop and so did everyone else. There is no reason not to.

She may have cost this shop owner his/her license. She's lost my respect and I am sure, lost the respect of many. Her credibility was shot to hell over a hair style.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

The local barbershops where I live are now legally open for business. I finally got a haircut. In fact, I got more than one of my hairs cut (but only the ones on my head).
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:41 pm
The local barbershops where I live are now legally open for business. I finally got a haircut. In fact, I got more than one of my hairs cut (but only the ones on my head).
I can't believe you got your pony cut off! I loved it so much! You looked like a Viking! :lol:
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:08 pm

- Doc
pretty sure that's not the point.
maybe Pelosi's lawsuit will redeem her.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Themis wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:49 pm
subgenius wrote:
of course it's plausible that the SotH was unaware of the ordinances in her own home district, and that wearing a mask was no longer mandated.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Seems like a net worth of $30m could get you some at home service.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV