Hair cut or not?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Hair cut or not?

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Hello All,

Back with another nosy pandemic self care question! So...have you gotten your hair cut? Cut your own? Are you letting it grow into a pony tail like Gunnar? Have you been to a shop and what was it like? Feel safe? If you cut your own, how'd you do?

My hair ended up down to my shoulders at one point, so I simply cut in some long layers. Can't recall when that was. Then I cut the angle out of it from the last salon cut. And more recently took off some of the length again. I mean, it looks okay but...

I really, really, think I'm over the hippie look for summer and really, really, want to go into the salon and get it all whacked off and I mean, whacked.

What about hair color? Anyone colored their own? Gone to a salon? Feel safe? I grew out my color about 5 years ago so this isn't an issue for me though I have gone through "safer at home" spurts where I've considered doing my hair purple.

Why not? If I go out in public, I'm in disguise anyway so who cares, right?

What about beards for guys? Did you grow one?

And Gunnar, how's that pony going?

:lol:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Hair cut or not?

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Ms. Ipsa cut mine. Haircut place is on my “places to stay away from for as long as possible” list.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:50 am
Ms. Ipsa cut mine. Haircut place is on my “places to stay away from for as long as possible” list.
Good for Ms. Ipsa! Did you do hers in return?

What if the salon is limiting the amount of customers in the building and everyone is masked? I'm talking like at most, 20 minutes.

Do you think the dental office is safer and if so, why?
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:55 am
My dentist's office has not yet reopened. However, I noticed the offices across the street are doing a brisk business: LDS Stem Cell and Organ Harvesters LTD, flanked by the Lovett Cafe and the Elder S. Todd Barbershop.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:18 pm

My Norelco electric razor works great. No need to grow a beard. It also does a fairly good job of trimming my sideburns. As for the ponytail, my hair is still not long enough for a decent ponytail. I'll let you know if I ever do. (not!) :lol:

When and if I decide I can't stand to go any longer without having my hair trimmed, I'm sure my wife can be prevailed upon to help me trim it, as RI's wife does for him.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:23 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:18 pm

My Norelco electric razor works great. No need to grow a beard. It also does a fairly good job of trimming my sideburns. As for the ponytail, my hair is still not long enough for a decent ponytail. I'll let you know if I ever do. (not!) :lol:

When and if I decide I can't stand to go any longer without having my hair trimmed, I'm sure my wife can be prevailed upon to help me trim it, as RI's wife does for him.
Branch out, Gunnar! Grow the pony!
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:01 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:55 am
My dentist's office has not yet reopened. However, I noticed the offices across the street are doing a brisk business: LDS Stem Cell and Organ Harvesters LTD, flanked by the Lovett Cafe and the Elder S. Todd Barbershop.
How'd your surgery go?
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:48 am
Branch out, Gunnar! Grow the pony!
Yeah, right! :rolleyes:
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:49 am
moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:01 am

How'd your surgery go?
Great. Cataract surgery can really brighten up the day and evenings! Just need to remember my three different eyedrops four times a day.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Brackite
_Emeritus

Post by _Brackite »

I went to get a haircut at a shop last month and felt safe there. Masks are required in the shop.
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter