"Greatest Presidential Felony" in History

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Re: "Greatest Presidential Felony" in History

Post by _subgenius »

Morley wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:50 pm
subgenius wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:04 pm
This methodology being clearly different than the method used to determine how many died at war.
No it isn't.
So, you're saying that war dead were calcated via calculating the surplus for the number who would've died during peace? ergo, the cause id death is "occurred during wartime"....not by actually counting dog tags...mk.

Ok. CFR, bruh.
Ok. CFR.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 pm
Another story from the Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/us/p ... f943162115

HHS spokesman and a new science advisor attempted to intimidate and silence CDC scientists.
Thus potentially destroying at one stroke the credibility and respect of the most highly respected and effective communicable disease control organization on the entire planet, that was rightfully acquired and earned by many decades of excellent service by some of the best qualified and most highly respected medical professionals on earth. Yet another reason why Trump is the most highly deranged and dangerous leader this country has ever produced!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Morley
_Emeritus

Post by _Morley »

subgenius wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:14 am
Morley wrote:

No it isn't.
So, you're saying that war dead were calcated via calculating the surplus for the number who would've died during peace? ergo, the cause id death is "occurred during wartime"....not by actually counting dog tags...mk.

Ok. CFR, bruh.
Ok. CFR.
I've no idea what "ergo, the cause id death is "occurred during wartime"....not by actually counting dog tags...mk" means.

However, knowing you'd need it, I had already added a link to provide for your predicted CFR.

Go back and read the article. Bruh yourself.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Morley wrote:

No it isn't.

Ok. CFR, bruh.
Ok. CFR.
It still looks like you're desperately grasping at straws to me.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:46 pm

Please elaborate.
Looks to me like yet another feeble attempt by subby to grasp at or fish for straws.

And it is still both ignorant and dishonest of him to cavalierly dismiss the undisputed fact that the the U.S., with only 4.5% of the world's population has 1/4 of all the covid-19 cases and deaths.
ignorant is asserting that 4.5% and 1/4 is a meaningful correlation in this context and globally.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:04 am
subgenius wrote:

Ok. CFR, bruh.
Ok. CFR.
It still looks like you're desperately grasping at straws to me.
Im sure it does look that way to you, especially considering that you really really want death rate and population in america to be (1) significant when compared singularly to the world and (2) I don't have to grasp at anything, you guys are desperate.
http://mormondiscussions.com/viewtopic. ... 3#p1238543
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 pm
Another story from the Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/us/p ... f943162115

HHS spokesman and a new science advisor attempted to intimidate and silence CDC scientists.
But crickets on the whole Nashville Mayor suppression of numbers...mk.
_MissTish
_Emeritus

Post by _MissTish »

Do you mean the very misleading story from a Sinclair station website alleging a coronavirus coverup that served as the basis for several Fox News segments.

The story that ended up being retracted?

https://t.co/Yxf2gPryvr?amp=1
People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy.- Super Hans

We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.- H. L. Mencken
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

MissTish wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:39 am
Do you mean the very misleading story from a Sinclair station website alleging a coronavirus coverup that served as the basis for several Fox News segments.

The story that ended up being retracted?

https://t.co/Yxf2gPryvr?amp=1
Indeed that is the one, thank you for the follow up.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Morley wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:21 am

I've no idea what "ergo, the cause id death is "occurred during wartime"....not by actually counting dog tags...mk" means.

However, knowing you'd need it, I had already added a link to provide for your predicted CFR.

Go back and read the article. Bruh yourself.
my bad, id=of (typo) - should read "ergo, the cause OF death is "occurred during wartime"....not by actually counting dog tags...mk

And I did not realize you were seriously providing a wikipedia link as an actual reference.
But, the 70+ million deaths kinda makes Met's graph even more absurd and poorly argued, so thanks for that (since that was the topic at hand).