Trump Cowardly Backs Out of 2nd Debate

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Trump Cowardly Backs Out of 2nd Debate

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Can't have it his way and constantly interrupt by going virtual, so Trump shows what a cowardly wienie he is and pulls out. :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Cowardly Backs Out of 2nd Debate

Post by _Jersey Girl »

He doesn't want to participate in something he can't control by pathologically interrupting the other guy. He thinks debate means rage your ass off so the other guy can't speak.

And he's wrong. The American public deserved better than that and he can't deliver. Hmmm...starting to see a pattern here.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

On the other hand...the second debate is supposed to be in Town Hall format. I say let Biden take the air time and answer the people's questions. He excels in one:one interaction with the public.

The only thing Trump excels in is shooting off his raging big fat mouth. Let him bail!
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

I say let Biden take the air time and answer the people's questions.
I doubt you'll hear many answers. Maybe whoever speaks into his earpiece will allow him to answer a few softballs.
He excels in one:one interaction with the public
The only thing Biden or Harris excel in is ducking questions.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:50 am
The only thing Biden or Harris excel in is ducking questions.
Give me a list of examples verbatim. Quote the questions. Quote their answers.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:50 am
I say let Biden take the air time and answer the people's questions.
I doubt you'll hear many answers. Maybe whoever speaks into his earpiece will allow him to answer a few softballs.
He's already done one with Anderson Cooper as facilitator. Didn't you watch it?
Chinese Proverb
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I don't blame Trump in declining to have an online podcast type of debate. The moderator would mute him constantly and that would expose him too much. It wouldn't allow him to be in character. His character is the usurper and interrupter. That's what his voters like. They like thinking that Trump will fight the powers that be by refusing to submit to normal political decorum. He is better off debating from afar at a rally.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:03 am
I don't blame Trump in declining to have an online podcast type of debate. The moderator would mute him constantly and that would expose him too much. It wouldn't allow him to be in character. His character is the usurper and interrupter. That's what his voters like. They like thinking that Trump will fight the powers that be by refusing to submit to normal political decorum. He is better off debating from afar at a rally.
Some voters like that, but those voters are dumb. Too many of them and a country will fall. Trump-ism is an avenue to dictatorship.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

It's not to Trump's advantage for anyone to be able to hear what people are saying. It's already clear he's a fu-cking ignoramus without letting everyone hear what he's actually saying.

In all things, Trump can't win, so he cheats, and that's good enough for the idiots.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Limbaugh: Trump to hold 'virtual rally' on radio show Friday

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5202 ... how-friday

So he's backing out of a virtual debate but participating in a virtual rally is fine.

Right. Got it.
Chinese Proverb