The criminalization of political opinion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: The criminalization of political opinion

Post by _Gunnar »

wrote:Themis post_id=1240190 time=1602728816 user_id=7238
Should Puerto Rico not be a state? They have a population greater then many states.
The only reason I can think of for not making Puerto Rico a state is if the Puerto Ricans themselves do not want it. I think Puerto Ricans have, or, at least, should have the options of either remaining a commonwealth, becoming a state, or becoming an independent nation. I would support them in either of those choices they decide to vote for.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:42 pm
Barr might have a better chance of getting away with pulling that stunt, though, if Trump survives the election.
I think most of Trump's cabinet is hoping that their boss will issue a pardon for any crimes they committed before he leaves office.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

moksha wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 am
I think most of Trump's cabinet is hoping that their boss will issue a pardon for any crimes they committed before he leaves office.
I have no doubt of that! He is even counting on being able to get away with pardoning himself.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Oh, if only chronic stupidity was a crime. Lucky for Trump supporters, it's just a black mark against your reputation. You can't be trusted.

Pence and Barr have as much blood on their hands as Trump, though, for all the misinformation about the virus. They should be prosecuted, pissed on and then shot.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Pence and Barr have as much blood on their hands as Trump, though, for all the misinformation about the virus. They should be prosecuted, pissed on and then shot.
Thank you for at least admitting this is your viewpoint in print. I know there are many more like you in government who aren't willing to say it. Perhaps this will help Subgenius understand the situation a little better.

If anything it's the "scientists," who imposed and continue to call for more lockdowns that owe the citizens of every country a good explanation on why they said they knew stuff that they really did not.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Let me see if I follow. Ajax is worried that democracy is in danger over the threat of liberal posters on this message board holding or voicing the opinion that Trump-supporters should go to prison for supporting Trump, even though holding and voicing such an opinion has a virtually zero chance of ever realizing such a scenario, and even though no forum members have ever actually voiced the opinion, and even though no forum members appear to hold this opinion. (I can assure everyone that I do not, and the very first reason on the list is that it would be impossible to pay for)

While on the other hand, he's not worried at all about the threat to democracy over the President publicly calling for imprisoning his political rival, who has an above zero chance of realizing such a scenario with the DOJ as his Twitter friends, and who actually does hold the opinion, and actually does voice such opinions.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

and even though no forum members appear to hold this opinion.
Some Schmo wrote:
They should be prosecuted, pissed on and then shot.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Should Trump be held accountable for despicable lies he retweets from QAnon? Should Twitter ban his evil-doing?
This seemed to work for Alex Jones. Of course, the Kremlin could host all his tweets on some Russian server, and his
many fans could sign in there.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:35 am
and even though no forum members appear to hold this opinion.
Some Schmo wrote:
They should be prosecuted, pissed on and then shot.
Do you intentionally misinterpret what you hear, or are you too stupid to process things properly?

I didn't say they should be prosecuted, pissed on and then shot for a political opinion. They should be prosecuted, pissed on and then shot for the misinformation they spread about COVID that is costing American lives.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:49 am
He is even counting on being able to get away with pardoning himself.
Here is a report on that self-pardon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDANMAXEneU