Atrocity of Holocaust Level Proportions

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Re: Atrocity of Holocaust Level Proportions

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:39 am
subgenius wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:21 pm
It is a documented fact that some children are a part of an illegal border crossing either for the purpose of trafficking or to create a false appearance of "family members".
Are you sure you want to go there? When I posted something similar I was more or less accused of being a conspiracy theorist.
It is a documented fact that some children are sexually molested by their parents. Therefore, we should separate all children from their parents without keeping track of which children were originally with which parents.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:17 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 am
That was pretty good, Jersey Girl. I actually read the whole thing. I thought it'd be funny to post long nonsensical copypastas to Ajax and subjenius since they don't read anything beyond a sentence or two, and the irony of posting long nonsensical posts that they don't read is performance art BECAUSE anything you post is pointless when addressing them. Therefore posting long absurd posts to them is a statement. You could post a succinct articulate post, and they'll just say something absurd after having skimmed it. You could post a medium length thoughtful post that they'd skim over, perhaps picking up a sentence or two, that they would respond to by posting some more brainwashed nonsense that reflects they didn't really read your post. You could post lengthy sourced thoughts that reach the level of collegiate academic standards appreciated by MENSA types and it's simply a waste of time.

- Doc
To save time and effort, perhaps you should just post "<insert condescending text here>". That way readers like myself do not have to wade through a variety of whatever-length posts that always conclude with your self-proclamations of how people who disagree with you are stupid. It would just be a courtesy but would also allow you more free time to (a) pat yourself on the back; (b) enjoy longer gazes in the mirror; and (c) allow you to arrive at #tds circle jerks earlier.
Doc Cam is right. I have observed numerous times when you superficially read a post and responded with comments or arguments that either entirely missed the point of what you were responding to, or revealed that you really didn't even care whether you made any sense. Most hilarious, though, is the numerous times you cited some source trying to support your point of view, that when read in its entirety revealed that it actually was either irrelevant to your point, or in some cases actually contradicted it, revealing that either hadn't actually read the whole thing for comprehension, or hoped that most of your intended audience hadn't. Believe it or not, you do this often, as has been often clearly pointed to you. It is often hard to figure out whether you just too stupid to comprehend what you read, or are just trying to take unfair advantage of the incorrectly presumed stupidity of your intended audience. Another way of looking at it is that you are prone to "quote mine" your cited source for excerpts that, when taken out of context, could be construed to mean what you wanted it to mean, rather than what that source was really about.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:38 pm
... we should separate all children from their parents without keeping track of which children were originally with which parents.
Yup, that is the point. They just separated kids from their parents, and in many cases took no thought of what was to happen to them afterwards.

As the article referenced in the OP said:
“When the administration started separating families at the southern U.S. border … there was no plan to track the families or even reunite them, even though their own experts warned these separations were causing harm,” Nan Schivone, the legal director for Justice in Motion, a U.S.-based migrant rights organization working to track down the deported parents, told KQED. “And here we are three years later, still dealing with the fallout.”

And the fallout is immense. For the children who were ripped away from their parents, theirs is an ongoing trauma. When their parents were deported, case workers would have to find a way to break the news to the children, often using maps and puppets to show the children how far it is between the United States and the child’s home country.

“We would have to say, ‘In many, many days you will be reunited with your parent, but we have to do a lot of paperwork,’” Alma Acevedo, who formerly worked for Bethany Christian Services, a foster care and adoption agency that has a federal contract to house immigrant children told the New York Times in 2019. “The kids would… start crying and it wasn’t just tears, it was screams.”

As it stands now, lawyers and advocates say they are committed to continuing to search for the parents for as long as it takes. They are on the ground in countries like Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador and Mexico, sometimes with as little information as a name and a last known location, looking for the people whose children remain in the U.S. without them.

“People ask when we will find all of these families, and sadly, I can’t give an answer. I just don’t know,” Lee Gelernt, deputy director of the ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project, told NBC News. “But we will not stop looking until we have found every one of the families, no matter how long it takes.”
They just separated kids from their parents, and in many cases went ahead and expelled the parents without attempting to reunite them with their children. Now they find that such records as they have are totally inadequate to locate the parents - who of course (since they have been expelled) cannot come back and look for their kids.

Deliberate, planned cruelty for cruelty's sake is one thing. At least it might be a sign of intelligence, even if that intelligence was horribly perverted. But sheer animal dumbness that simply rips away children from parents without even thinking of what might happen next? Well, the only word strong enough is "Trumpian".
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm
“When the administration started separating families at the southern U.S. border … there was no plan to track the families or even reunite them...
I call B.S. on this claim, especially since its being made by a bias migrant rights organization.
Therefore please cite the administration policy that confirms the claim here...otherwise your reliance on palatable hearsay is not a convincing argument for "the point here".
And yes, +500 kids being abandoned by their parents is really the point, but its more accurate and more in line with facts that these kids were being trafficked across the border for nefarious purposes...but yeah, Trump allegedly not "tracking" the coyotes is the issue because for 48 months you have been insisting that Trump nail down border control.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:55 pm
Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm
“When the administration started separating families at the southern U.S. border … there was no plan to track the families or even reunite them...
I call B.S. on this claim, especially since its being made by a bias migrant rights organization.
Therefore please cite the administration policy that confirms the claim here...otherwise your reliance on palatable hearsay is not a convincing argument for "the point here".
And yes, +500 kids being abandoned by their parents is really the point, but its more accurate and more in line with facts that these kids were being trafficked across the border for nefarious purposes...but yeah, Trump allegedly not "tracking" the coyotes is the issue because for 48 months you have been insisting that Trump nail down border control.
subspeak: “Please cite the nonexistent plan to reunite separated children with their parents...”

Perhaps you’ll cite the Administration’s plan to do so, instead?
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Also, we seem to be missing Sub’s evidence that the kids who haven’t been reunited with their parents were being trafficked.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:38 pm
Also, we seem to be missing Sub’s evidence that the kids who haven’t been reunited with their parents were being trafficked.
Subby doesn't need such evidence because he knows Trump is a paragon of virtue and unparalleled and unquestionable genius, intellect and compassion, who never tells a lie, and whose overriding concern is the well being and happiness of all his fellow Americans.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

i caLL bS oN tHiS cLaiM!

subjenius’ mouth O <—— Trump’s mushroom dick

There. I think I finally pared down an effective exchange with a Trump supporter since they’ll demand sources for their endless gish gallops that they’ll never bother to read, anyway.

O <——

- Doc
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm
i caLL bS oN tHiS cLaiM!

subjenius’ mouth O <—— Trump’s mushroom dick

There. I think I finally pared down an effective exchange with a Trump supporter since they’ll demand sources for their endless gish gallops that they’ll never bother to read, anyway.

O <——

- Doc
Just wanted to chime in and say that I very much enjoy your long-form performance art responses to Ajax and Sub. Bravo!

_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:19 pm
subspeak: “Please cite the nonexistent plan to NOT reunite separated children with their parents...”
FIFY
Perhaps you’ll cite the Administration’s plan to do so, instead?
I didn't make the claim for a specific plan, you guys did, so yeah the burden should be mine.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent