Atrocity of Holocaust Level Proportions

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: Atrocity of Holocaust Level Proportions

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:53 am
The reality is that the children were tracked etc.

Reading must be difficult for you, or you might stop arguing against your straw man. What was the excerpt originally posted by Chap that you claimed was incorrect? Here you go:
Chap wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm
“When the administration started separating families at the southern U.S. border … there was no plan to track the families or even reunite them...
Individuals must be tracked. They can’t be processed otherwise. 0n the other hand, the OIG report linked by you confirms on numerous pages that there was no viable plan to track or reunite families.

Are you being sloppy, disingenuous, or both this time? ; )
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:18 am
(Dr. Shades here, using our "Temp. Admin." account.)

Folks, this whole thing is incredibly troubling, but you all already know that. When the migrants were deported, they MUST have demanded that their children be deported with them, right? Either that, or they left details about their children, such as their names, descriptions, appearances as much as able, clothing worn at the time of separation, etc. so that the authorities could identify and return them to their parents as soon as possible, . . . right?

Were U.S. authorities under orders to simply ignore the demands of the parents? Of all the details written down by said authorities, what happened to those notes? Is anyone following up with them?

Better yet, we can only imagine that it would be FAR more convenient, not to mention humane, to deport the child together with the parent. Does anyone have any insight as to why this wasn't done, and why the parents' demands weren't complied with?
I'm a bit surprised at your response here. After all this time and all the evidence of Trump's perfidy and callous disregard for any who oppose him or contradict him in the slightest, how can you still have any doubts that he will stoop to any low that he thinks will accomplish his agenda? He obviously cares only for whatever he thinks will benefit him!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 am
I'm a bit surprised at your response here. After all this time and all the evidence of Trump's perfidy and callous disregard for any who oppose him or contradict him in the slightest, how can you still have any doubts that he will stoop to any low that he thinks will accomplish his agenda? He obviously cares only for whatever he thinks will benefit him!
I'm not talking about Trump. I'm talking about the individual deportation and border authorities who are "in the trenches," so to speak.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:58 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:17 am
I'm not talking about Trump. I'm talking about the individual deportation and border authorities who are "in the trenches," so to speak.
Do you think that Trump allowed these border authorities "in the trenches" the option of acquiescing to the parents' demands to take their children with them when they were deported? Somehow I doubt they were given a choice in the matter.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Do you think that Trump allowed these border authorities "in the trenches" the option of acquiescing to the parents' demands to take their children with them when they were deported?
Wait a second. Are you telling me that the parents didn't have the option to turn around and go back to Mexico with their children?

This is why we need a wall. If illegal immigrants don't have the opportunity to set foot on US soil, none of this is an issue. No court dates, no legal fees, no housing costs, no task force to find missing people, no officers who have to chase down people who don't come to their court date... Who honestly believes this wall would not save the taxpayer a bundle of money?
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:05 pm
Wait a second. Are you telling me that the parents didn't have the option to turn around and go back to Mexico with their children?
Once ICE detained them, yes. They did not have that option.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:05 pm
This is why we need a wall. If illegal immigrants don't have the opportunity to set foot on US soil, none of this is an issue. No court dates, no legal fees, no housing costs, no task force to find missing people, no officers who have to chase down people who don't come to their court date... Who honestly believes this wall would not save the taxpayer a bundle of money?
We’re currently looking at a cost for the wall at just under 20 million dollars per mile.

It’s still much less expensive to simply just do the right thing regarding family detainment.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:52 am
Do you think that Trump allowed these border authorities "in the trenches" the option of acquiescing to the parents' demands to take their children with them when they were deported?
I believe that such low-level operations are below Trump's notice, so I seriously doubt he said anything either way. If he did, we would've heard about it.