Atrocity of Holocaust Level Proportions

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Atrocity of Holocaust Level Proportions

Post by _Gunnar »

545 Children lost to their parents.
"When the administration started separating families at the southern U.S. border … there was no plan to track the families or even reunite them, even though their own experts warned these separations were causing harm,” Nan Schivone, the legal director for Justice in Motion, a U.S.-based migrant rights organization working to track down the deported parents, told KQED. “And here we are three years later, still dealing with the fallout.”

And the fallout is immense. For the children who were ripped away from their parents, theirs is an ongoing trauma. When their parents were deported, case workers would have to find a way to break the news to the children, often using maps and puppets to show the children how far it is between the United States and the child’s home country.

“We would have to say, ‘In many, many days you will be reunited with your parent, but we have to do a lot of paperwork,’” Alma Acevedo, who formerly worked for Bethany Christian Services, a foster care and adoption agency that has a federal contract to house immigrant children told the New York Times in 2019. “The kids would… start crying and it wasn’t just tears, it was screams.”
For this atrocity alone, Trump deserves impeachment and removal from office, along with all of his administration complicit in it!
The cruelty of this policy was not just incidental. It was intentionally cruel, and Trump and his enablers, particularly Sessions, in effect, freely admitted as much! For this atrocity alone, Trump deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison!

All who refuse to condemn Trump and his enablers for this atrocity are heartless monsters, just like Trump himself!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Chap
_Emeritus

Re: Atrocity of Holocaust Level Proportions

Post by _Chap »

I think we can put it like this:

There are two issues to be discussed.

A: The propriety of the Trump administration's southern border policy to reduce border crossings and as far as possible to deport those who do so illegally.

B: The propriety of using the separation of parents and very young children as part of the process of achieving A, without careful provision to ensure that the children can eventually be reunited securely with their parents.

Whether A is advisable may reasonably be considered a matter for political debate.

Whether B is a morally permissible auxiliary means of achieving A is not.
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Yeah. This is the kind of thing that makes it a moral imperative that Trump suffers a horrific, painful prison term and death. I have no qualms about saying that, and I think that people who don't feel that way have a fu-cking screw loose.

GOP voters can go fu-Celestial Kingdom themselves. As a group, they are the clotted asshole of this nation.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:05 pm

A: The propriety of the Trump administration's southern border policy to reduce border crossings and as far as possible to deport those who do so illegally.

B: The propriety of using the separation of parents and very young children as part of the process of achieving A, without careful provision to ensure that the children can eventually be reunited securely with their parents.

Whether A is advisable may reasonably be considered a matter for political debate.

Exactly!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:10 pm
Chap wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:05 pm

Exactly!
Chap is correct.

I was wondering if we do not hear so much of this matter in news because Chap's point is so clearly correct. That wonder misses something. We should follow the situation. I suspect it is cheaper for news broadcasts to sit and talk about Trump and what he said than to follow out what he does.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:19 pm
Yeah. This is the kind of thing that makes it a moral imperative that Trump suffers a horrific, painful prison term and death. I have no qualms about saying that, and I think that people who don't feel that way have a fu-cking screw loose.
Only one screw?! If only they could be fixed by something as simple as tightening or adjusting a single screw! Their entire CPU is drastically defective, if not entirely missing!

― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:59 pm
Chap is correct.

I was wondering if we do not hear so much of this matter in news because Chap's point is so clearly correct. That wonder misses something. We should follow the situation. I suspect it is cheaper for news broadcasts to sit and talk about Trump and what he said than to follow out what he does.
There could well be some truth in that.

― Harlan Ellison
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

I can't help wondering if it would have made a difference in the outcome of Trump's impeachment trial if this was one of the charges brought against him. I find it hard to believe that not even a single Republican Senator would have remained unmoved by that charge, if powerfully presented and properly backed up by the incontrovertible and damning documentary evidence.

― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:47 am
[url=https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-s ... 39203.html?. For the children who were ripped away from their parents, theirs is an ongoing trauma.
In those cases, young children have 2 routes to go.

1. Detach emotionally and psychologically.

or

2. Learn to form loose bonds on account of distrust.

Those are the ONLY 2 choices. This is EXACTLY what sows the seeds of narcissism and sociopathy. Nothing more. Nothing less.

In older children, whose personalities are well developed, they can manage though many or most will learn to manage by adopting anti-social behaviors in order to cope.

Listen up people. By the time you are 5 years old, your personality is WRITTEN IN STONE. From that point on, personality doesn't change. Humans develop skills with which to navigate relationships and function in society, but the personality healthy or damaged, remains the same.

Just as some teratogens (think drugs, think alcohol, think chemicals) cause birth defects in the developing fetus, so does the type of interference in the development of personality via abuse, neglect, and long term separations from the primary caregiver cause personality defects in the developing child. Where infants are born with physical abnormalities, children who are abused and neglected develop psychological abnormalities. Where one infant may be missing a limb, one child who is forced to undergo forced and prolonged separation from their primary caregiver, parts of their personality will be missing.

In the case of unaccompanied young children who were separated from their presumed parents and who remain separated from their presumed parents, DONALD TRUMP is the teratogenic agent.

If you can turn a blind eye to what he has done then you clearly have not got the ability to think, to reason, or to feel.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_ajax18
_Emeritus

Post by _ajax18 »

Does a child whose mother is sent to prison suffer the same lifelong personality defects?

If bringing a child to the border with you to cross illegally makes you immune to deportation, wouldn't it be more fair to just let everyone in? Why should the border be enforced on some people and not others?

This does go to my point that the left sees anyone who wants the southern border enforced being as guilty as the Nazis for their genocide of the Jews.

Once the border is opened, the Democrats and Bernie will become the only political power. Native born American family farms and inheritances will be confiscated and redistributed. This is the sharing that Jersey Girl recommends. As the republican party falls, so does capitalism and private property.

MAKE AMERICA VENEZUELA! Vote Democrat!
Last edited by ICCrawler - ICjobs on Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.