Trump Sabotages America

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Sabotages America

Post by _Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:24 pm
subgenius wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Yes, the long lasting tradition of having "appointees" qualified for the position appointed is in grave jeopardy...only Hunter Biden can save us...er, I mean James Biden...nope - Joe...Joe Biden is our only "hope".
‘Qualified’ being determined solely by the appointee’s willingness to state their unwavering support for the current President, right? ; )
Only as long as the current President is a hard core, conservative Republican, of course.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

My unwavering support will NEVER be for ANY man or woman, but to the Constitution of ALL PEOPLE. It has never been about being patriotic to a person. Trump is stupidly wrong to think otherwise. But then again, he does want to be a dick-tator and be called "excellency."
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:51 am
My unwavering support will NEVER be for ANY man or woman, but to the Constitution of ALL PEOPLE. It has never been about being patriotic to a person. Trump is stupidly wrong to think otherwise. But then again, he does want to be a dick-tator and be called "excellency."
sez the people who think the Constitution is wrong for having:
an Article 2 Section 1 Clause 2
a 2nd amendment
a 12th amendment
a 22nd amendment
and these days it also seems like you guys are adverse to the 1st, 13th, and 14th.
But yeah, otherwise you're totes convincing that its "unwavering" for "all people".
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Lol. It’s funny to see subs talk about the 1st Amendment in this context, given that Trump proposes firing folks from their jobs who might have a different opinion than him, solely on the basis of having that differing opinion.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

subgenius wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm
Joe Biden is our only "hope".
Yes, I suppose Biden could save America by repealing this executive order and allowing highly qualified people to do their job. The part about allowing political nabobs to wreak havoc on America is new for Republicans, and something must be done to stop it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace