The Greatest Most Perfect Spammer of All Time

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Analytics
_Emeritus

The Greatest Most Perfect Spammer of All Time

Post by _Analytics »

Is Trump the biggest spammer of all time? Several months ago, I signed up to receive emails from Trump’s campaign, just to see what they were saying.

As a sampling, here are the emails they sent me today. Just today. My notes show the time the email was received, who the campaign is pretending it is from, the title of the email, and a brief description of the content.
  1. 12:43 AM From Donald Trump Jr.: “Official invitation for: Analytics” If I donate any amount, I’ll be entered into a lottery for tickets to Trump’s Election Night Party. Includes travel and hotel. [I’d be shocked if this drawing actually takes place and a price is actually awarded].
  2. 1:32 AM From Donald J. Trump: “My interview on 60 Minutes” Fake news is vicious, etc. To fight back, there is an “EMERGENCY 800%-Match to help us fight back”
  3. 4:32 AM From Donald Trump Jr. “God Convention Star” If I contribute any amount by 11:59 PM, I’ll be entered into a drawing to win one of 50 “Gold Convention Stars” personally signed by Trump.
  4. 6:33 AM From Donald J. Trump: “The FEC Deadline Extended Deadline [sic]” For the next hour: All Gifts 800%-Matched!” [Apparently, Trump's supporters think Trump can magically create money out of thin air for these matches]
  5. 8:33 AM From Eric Trump: “WIN this Freedom 2020 Hat” “All you have to do is contribute by 11:59 PM TONIGHT and you’ll automatically be entered to win this one-of-a-kind SIGNED Freedom 2020 Hat.”
  6. 8:38 AM From DonaldJTrump.com “LAST CHANCE” They have an extremely limited amount of 700%- MATCHES left and President Trump specifically asked them to reach out to ME about it.
  7. 8:52 AM From Donald J Trump “9 Days.” “FOR ONE HOUR: ALL GIFTS UPPED BY 900%”
  8. 10:23 AM From. Mike Pence. “America’s future is at stake” “For ONE HOUR: all contributions can increase their impact by 900%”
  9. 10:38 AM From Donald Trump [Jr.] “Please contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY and your gift will be 800%-MATCHED.>>”
  10. 11:57 AM From Donald J. Trump “What are you doing on November 3rd?” “I’ve arranged with my team to fly one of my BEST SUPPORTERS to Washington DC to join Team Trump at the Election Night Party in my favorite hotel. We’ll cover your flight, hotel, VIP PASSES to the event, AND you’ll get to bring a guest of your choice.”
  11. 12:09 PM From Donald J. Trump “What are you doing on November 3rd? “Can you imagine being in the Nation’s capital when your President is re-elected? It’ll be a trip you’ll never forget and all you have to do is enter. Please contribute ANY AMOUNT RIGHT NOW to win…”
  12. 12:21 PM From Donald J. Trump “60 Minute interview attached” [it really isn’t attached, but they put a paperclip icon in the message title to make it look like it is. “You’ll see how ANGRY she is with her constant interruptions, compared to my full, flowing, and ‘magnificently brilliant’ answers to their questions…I’m counting on YOU to stop up, so I’ve activated an EMERGENCY 800%-MATCH to help us FIGHT BACK!”
  13. 1:31 PM from Melania Trump “A thank you for your continuing support” “Please contribute at least $30 today to support President Trump and to get your Official 2021 Trump Calendar.>>”
  14. 1:36 PM from DonaldJTrump.com “You are invited” “Analytics, Did you see the President’s email? He invited YOU to attend our invitation-only Trump Election Night Party at his favorite hotel in Washington, DC [No, he invited me to enter a fake drawing by giving him money. He didn’t invite me to an event]….Please contribute ANY AMOUNT by 11:59 PM…
  15. 3:32 PM from DonaldJTrump.com “You are invited” “This offer is only for the President’s most Patriotic and loyal supporters. We were surprised to see that you haven’t accepted yet. We can only hold your spot for a few hours…” [How stupid does he think his supporters are?]
  16. 3:37 PM from “Trump 2031 Calendar” “It’s finally here” “We cannot offer this to everyone. We can hold your calendar for a short time before we give it to the next Patriot…”
  17. 4:28 PM Donald J. Trump “The FEC Deadline Extended Deadline [sic]” According to Trump, according to recent polls from RealClearPolitics and FifeThirtyEight, Trump is SURGING in key battleground states. Landslide victory. WIN BIG.”THIS IS THE LAST TIME. FOR THE NEXT HOUR: ALL GIFTS 800%-MATCHED!”
  18. 4:32 PM Donald Trump Jr. “My father is counting on you” “The President is relying on his STRONGEST supporters right now, which is why FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER [at least since 10:23 A.M.], he’s agreed to increase your impact by 900% on your next gift.”
  19. 5:32 PM from Donald J. Trump, “URGENT: FEC EXTENDED DEADLINE APPROACHING [SIC]” 800% matched
  20. 6:41 PM from Donald J. Trump, “$100 MILLION” “LIBERAL MEGA DONORS are going to MAX OUT their donations to Sleepy Joe and Phony Kamala Harris…Your support is SO important that I’m giving YOU the opportunity to increase your impact by 825%”
  21. 7:13 PM from Donald J. Trump, “This is the TRUTH.” “I have led the BIGGEST and FASTEST Financial Recovery in History….We need to make sure we FLOOD the airwaves with our new ad, which is why I’m calling on my best supporters to help raise $2,000,000 by 11:59 PM TONIGHT. When you step up, your gift will even by 800%- MATCHED.”
  22. 7:32 PM From DonaldJTrump.com “I voted for a guy named Trump” 800% match.
  23. 7:37 PM from Donald J. Trump “100 MILLION” 825% match.
  24. 9:02 PM from Donald J. Trump “Biden called you a CHUMP” “BREAKING: BIDEN CALLS TRUMP SUPPORTERS ‘CHUMPS’ Wow, Analytics. That is what the Left thinks of you. The Liberals HATE President Trump. They HATE you. And the HATE everything YOU stand for. 825% match for next one hour only!
  25. 10:00 PM from Donald J. Trump, “Biden called you a CHUMP” same as 9:02 email.
  26. 10:38 PM from DonaldJTrump.com “You can still win!” President Trump noticed my name is missing from the list of entrants and wants to know why. Gold convention stars!
That’s the last one, but there are still 20 minutes left in the day.

Based upon these emails, Trump obviously thinks his supporters are stupid, stupid, stupid.
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: The Greatest Most Perfect Spammer of All Time

Post by _Some Schmo »

Analytics wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:55 am
Based upon these emails, Trump obviously thinks his supporters are stupid, stupid, stupid.
Based on everything Trump says, he thinks his supporters are stupid. It's one of the few things he's right about.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:34 am
Analytics wrote:
Based on everything Trump says, he thinks his supporters are stupid. It's one of the few things he's right about.
And they apparently enjoy being considered that way.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

They should try selling indulgences. Like the Jesus and the Apostles, Trump and his progeny have stored up an infinite amount of good works, and (for a negotiable fee) some of those good works could be added to your own when Saint Peter reads your ledger at the pearly gates.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:55 am
Some Schmo wrote:

Indeed. They often convey the impression that they regard their own willful ignorance and lack of education as somehow virtuous or advantageous.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
He learned his approach to politics from World Wrestling Entertainment. Some supporters are stupid, some are venal, and some are in the arena just for the beer and Corn Nuts.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:55 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Given the way they lean into the stupidity, it's hard to come to any other conclusion.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36 am
Indeed. They often convey the impression that they regard their own willful ignorance and lack of education as somehow virtuous or advantageous.
This behavior has been a mystery to me my entire life. It's not new with Trump; it's just happens to be perfectly compatible with Trump support.

But yeah, some guys seem to take pride in their ignorance, like getting an education will automatically make them snooty or something. It's fu-cking weird. It would be similar to taking pride in smelling like sh-it.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Analytics wrote:
Is Trump the biggest spammer of all time? Several months ago, I signed up to receive emails from Trump’s campaign, just to see what they were saying.

since you chose a superlative in the thread title, it implies you have compare/contrast data? perhaps you can provide similar examples from your signup from Biden? Sanders?
Otherwise I am shocked to read an anti-Trump post that is founded on emotion and hyperbole...shocked indeed.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:28 pm
Analytics wrote:

since you chose a superlative in the thread title, it implies you have compare/contrast data? perhaps you can provide similar examples from your signup from Biden? Sanders?
Otherwise I am shocked to read an anti-Trump post that is founded on emotion and hyperbole...shocked indeed.
So feisty. You seem pissed that you haven’t won the Limited Edition Super Patriot 2020 MAGA hat with accompanying certificate claiming that you’re the Prez’s bestest most favorite and important supporter ever, even though you keep sending money. : D
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.