PLEASE MIGRATE TO THE NEW BOARD!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

PLEASE MIGRATE TO THE NEW BOARD!

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

(Dr. Shades here, posting under our "Temp. Admin." account:)

Dear friends,

Due to the ongoing software issues we're all experiencing here, a number of concerned individuals have worked surprisingly hard behind-the-scenes to obtain new server space and install superior software. The idea is to obtain our database of 14+ years' worth of posts in the relatively near future so that nothing is lost, but as it is now glitches and software issues are proliferating so rapidly here that we simply can't wait any longer to make the move.

Therefore, EVERYBODY, please head on over to: Discuss Mormonism

. . . and register an account, preferably with the same username you're using here. (Register ONE account only. And please, don't register a username that someone else is already using here, 'cause I'm the one who has to pay the price as I field the complaint and un-screw the mess, not the victim.)

PLEASE DO NOT START ANY NEW THREADS HERE. PLEASE START ALL NEW THREADS ON THE NEW SITE ONLY.

Now for the finer print: We're hoping to obtain the "Mormon Discussions" domain name at the same time we obtain the database, so with any luck all of our original bookmarks here and elsewhere on the Internet will end up working again.

With respect to all of you, and to all of the time and effort you've put in to make this the superior Mormonism-related forum on the Internet,

--"Dr. Shades"
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: PLEASE MIGRATE TO THE NEW BOARD!

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Give no thought to your possessions! Go forth, I say! Go forth to the promised land!

I just had to. Sorry. Not sorry.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 am
(Dr. Shades here, posting under our "Temp. Admin." account:)

Dear friends,

Due to the ongoing software issues we're all experiencing here, a number of concerned individuals have worked surprisingly hard behind-the-scenes to obtain new server space and install superior software. The idea is to obtain our database of 14+ years' worth of posts in the relatively near future so that nothing is lost, but as it is now glitches and software issues are proliferating so rapidly here that we simply can't wait any longer to make the move.

Therefore, EVERYBODY, please head on over to: Discuss Mormonism

. . . and register an account, preferably with the same username you're using here. (Register ONE account only. And please, don't register a username that someone else is already using here, 'cause I'm the one who has to pay the price as I field the complaint and un-screw the mess, not the victim.)

PLEASE DO NOT START ANY NEW THREADS HERE. PLEASE START ALL NEW THREADS ON THE NEW SITE ONLY.

Now for the finer print: We're hoping to obtain the "Mormon Discussions" domain name at the same time we obtain the database, so with any luck all of our original bookmarks here and elsewhere on the Internet will end up working again.

With respect to all of you, and to all of the time and effort you've put in to make this the superior Mormonism-related forum on the Internet,

--"Dr. Shades"
I would really love to, but so far my attempts to do so have failed. I PM you about this, and have so far received no answer.

ETA: In fact, I have PMed twice so far, once to Dr. Shades and once to Temp. Admin.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar do you mean you tried registering there?
Chinese Proverb
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:03 pm
Ok, I tried registering as a new member with the same user name but new password and updated email address, and it worked. I'm in now!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:39 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:03 pm
Ok, I tried registering as a new member with the same user name but new password and updated email address, and it worked. I'm in now!

Chinese Proverb
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann’d:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

It's awesome!!!!!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:43 pm
Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann’d:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.
You not comin'?
Chinese Proverb