Fat - Be - Gone

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Fat - Be - Gone

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:49 am

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:41 am
canpakes have you ever done it with almonds? I've not. Just wondering.

No. They’d probably be great, although the nooks and crannies on pecans and walnuts would hold the glaze better.

On that note, roasted pumpkin seeds with a slightly sweet touch are also delicious. TJ’s sells a version of this but I’d love to figure out a comparable recipe to make it ourselves.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Ceeboooooo!

How goes it?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:39 pm
Ceeboooooo!

How goes it?
Hope he is OK ... it would be reassuring to hear how he is doing..

Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

What happened to Ceeboo? Did he fall off the wagon and lock himself in a steak house? Ceebs...put down the baked potato and come out of there. It's okay to mess up. We've all been there. It's just the butter and sour cream talking! Just throw down the fork and slowly back away from the potato and no one will get hurt!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Ceeeeeeeeeboooooooooo..!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

I have been a very bad boy! :oops:

Did not weigh in (Don't want to know)

Ate terrible all week - Ben and Jerry's Cookie dough AND a 2 huge bowls of Rocky Road (Freaking awesome!) - Ate half a large pizza (after I already ate dinner) with my boy watching the MLB playoffs - Broke into the Halloween candy (ate about 5 Snickers in about 5 days) - Ate out for lunch every day - Ate some cheesecake at my Mom's - Ate some chips with dip - Ate half a bowl of popcorn with the bride - Ate a couple of bagels - Ate dinner at a Mexican joint (enchiladas and 3 beers) - Ate WAY TOO MUCH!

Walking - None!

So yeah - A terrible week and I'm not getting on the scale.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Any ideas or thoughts on what threw you so far off this week? Additional stress at work? Lack of time to prepare healthy meals? Third party influence?

You don't have to answer me but I mostly curious if you've broken down where it went wrong for yourself. If you have then what steps are you taking to help prevent that in the future? Again, mostly rhetorical just hoping to give you some avenues of attack. A big reason to consider this is we are entering one of the hardest times of the year to maintain. Family gatherings and cooler weather almost always = more calories and less time to exercise. Having a solid plan for the days ahead can help prevent some of that.

One thing I did this week was make sure I had plenty of healthy snacks on hand for the world series. I'm prone to pig out on salty things if I let myself. Made sure to have lots of snacking veggies, some extra cauliflower tots, and a healthier pizza alternative to allow myself the feel of a big game without quite so many consequences. Am I eating more calories than normal, heck yeah, but they are at least ones I can feel a lot better about.

ETA: a part I should not have left off. Remember that you are attempting to fundamentally shift your lifestyle and habits here. Misses are to be expected and are part of the journey. Don't let them dissuade you from pressing through though. You're a tough dude, you can do this shizz.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hey X-Factor!
Xenophon wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:17 pm
Any ideas or thoughts on what threw you so far off this week? Additional stress at work? Lack of time to prepare healthy meals? Third party influence?
Honestly, I think I was just lazy. Really lazy. I figured I messed up early in the week so I gave myself an excuse to keep stuffing crap in my mouth for the rest of the week (Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the week, A lot! - Which is probably a part of the problem and something I need to think about........Why is food so pleasurable/enjoyable for me? ? ??? ? ?? ????? Yeah, need to think about that a lot more!)
You don't have to answer me........
Thanks for the grace and kind gesture but I have no problems answering anything about this thread/topic.
You're a tough dude, you can do this shizz.
Tough dude? Perhaps. Lazy dude? Yes!
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Sounds like you've got some things to consider.
ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:48 pm
Lazy dude? Yes!
Are you though? You strike me as a hard worker that is likely very dependable for your friends and family. I think "lazy" is a cop out.

What you're asking yourself to do is one of the most difficult things out there. You likely have decades of habits that have stacked up that you're battling against before considering any of the other thousands of things that often get in the way of living healthier. It isn't "lazy" to struggle to break that, it is human and expected.

I know of basically know one that can will themselves into being healthy. It takes self examination, establishing motivation, reframing perspective and finding the unique blend that clicks with you.

Don't let yourself fall back to that over simplified position when tucked in that post is a much better start for action. Namely examining your relationship with food and how to frame that differently.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon