Fat - Be - Gone

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Atlanticmike
God

Re: Fat - Be - Gone

Post by Atlanticmike »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:44 pm
Xenophon wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Not directed at me but I absolutely LOVE avocado on my morning toast. I just do a standard piece of toasted bread, no butter (I'm big on Dave's Power Seed thin-sliced right now) then I add half of a small avocado to it and some "everything bagel" seasoning to that. I eat mine with two medium eggs that I don't necessarily put over the top but the yolk does get all up in there. Like canpakes was saying it isn't low calorie per se (unless you are used to eating sugary ceral) but that is some serious fuel to power through the rest of your day. I generally think people don't get nearly enough healthy fats in their diets which is why the feel so sluggish all the time.
Pffft! It doesn't matter who it was directed to. I can't have the everything bagel seasoning (I think it's probably high sodium, I could check that) but maybe I can do something with Mrs. Dash...I'm not really into seasonings but I have it for stews/soups and I could try it. I've gotten to the point where I'm very open to trying new foods.

I'm not into sugary cereal so no problem there. If I eat breakfast, it's usually something like a small omelet stuffed with peppers and tomatoes. I do think I've looked up that type of bread before and I think I can get that locally. AND... I have seeded bread saved on one of my pin boards to try making! See? I'm really close to making that all work! I will try this out...I do have a small container of butter so if I think I want to add some, I can do that, too.

Thanks, Xeno!!!!
Tomatoes and peppers are bad for you.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Xeno if you happen to be reading here. It wasn't seeded bread, it was seeded crackers to make at home. I recall, I was looking at some Nordic youtuber and I really liked the idea of trying it. :D
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Wow!

Thanks to all for taking the time to share all of that. I enjoyed reading all of it!

Wanted to share a short video I took of myself walking tonight:

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:53 pm
Wow!

Thanks to all for taking the time to share all of that. I enjoyed reading all of it!

:lol: :lol:

Ceebs I was wondering about your walking experiences. Are you walking around the neighborhood? Going to a park? An athletic field with a track? I was thinking of ways to make the experience more enjoyable if time permits, so you feel like doing it more.

Also are there places around your area that have sort of I dunno....shopping squares or community places where there are exhibits, where you can walk around and then visit an exhibit or something?

And then, how would you do your walking in winter weather? I ask, because while it's easy for me to walk out the front door and do the driveway, in winter I had to figure out an alternative and that's how I got the rebounder.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:47 pm
Xeno if you happen to be reading here. It wasn't seeded bread, it was seeded crackers to make at home. I recall, I was looking at some Nordic youtuber and I really liked the idea of trying it. :D
That does sound awesome. I am a sucker for all things seeds.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:03 am
I was thinking of ways to make the experience more enjoyable if time permits, so you feel like doing it more.

A nice set of earbuds paired with an engaging podcast, or your favorite music, can make the minutes fly by.

And then, how would you do your walking in winter weather? I ask, because while it's easy for me to walk out the front door and do the driveway, in winter I had to figure out an alternative and that's how I got the rebounder.

Wintertime can be especially interesting, if you get the chance to walk in the midst of the dead quiet of a gentle snowfall.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Xenophon wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:07 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:47 pm
That does sound awesome. I am a sucker for all things seeds.
Here's the one that got me going on the idea. :) It's seeded bread. I also have pins for seeded crackers. Apparently I can't remember S right. :mrgreen:

https://northwildkitchen.com/loaded-nut ... alderbrod/
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:14 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:03 am
I was thinking of ways to make the experience more enjoyable if time permits, so you feel like doing it more.

A nice set of earbuds paired with an engaging podcast, or your favorite music, can make the minutes fly by.

Wintertime can be especially interesting, if you get the chance to walk in the midst of the dead quiet of a gentle snowfall.

Yes, I put music in my ears most of the time...not always. Depends on my mood!

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I'd have to go with the 1+ mile walk suggestion as #1 in order of operations. Should include fast walking some of the time to increase heart rate. Not for the calorie burn per se, but to arise from the low-energy swamp. There's a reasonable chance that can help shift preferences away from the worst food choices. Next down it's looking like counting calories. Probably not necessary long term, but if you do it thoroughly for 2 weeks might be surprised. I counted once years ago and was shocked by how little I was eating. I thought I ate a lot because I'd eat a co-worker under the table at McDonalds; double quarter pounder meal with a coke. But the tally for the day wasn't much more than that main injection of 1300. Slim-fast had one thing going for it; you follow their plan and you don't have to count. The tasty "shake in the morning" was probably the same shake some other vendor packaged and promoted for weight gain.

tomatoes and peppers aren't going to give you arthritis. Maybe if you were eating them in ultra concentrate form or something.
Tim Kardashian
Nursery

Post by Tim Kardashian »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:53 pm
Wow!

You would lose a lot of weight walking like that.