Fat - Be - Gone

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ceeboo
God

Re: Fat - Be - Gone

Post by ceeboo »

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:04 pm
Sounds like you've got some things to consider.
ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:48 pm
Lazy dude? Yes!
Are you though? You strike me as a hard worker that is likely very dependable for your friends and family. I think "lazy" is a cop out.

What you're asking yourself to do is one of the most difficult things out there. You likely have decades of habits that have stacked up that you're battling against before considering any of the other thousands of things that often get in the way of living healthier. It isn't "lazy" to struggle to break that, it is human and expected.

I know of basically know one that can will themselves into being healthy. It takes self examination, establishing motivation, reframing perspective and finding the unique blend that clicks with you.

Don't let yourself fall back to that over simplified position when tucked in that post is a much better start for action. Namely examining your relationship with food and how to frame that differently.
Good stuff!

Thanks, X!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:53 pm
I have been a very bad boy! :oops:

Did not weigh in (Don't want to know)

Ate terrible all week - Ben and Jerry's Cookie dough AND a 2 huge bowls of Rocky Road (Freaking awesome!) - Ate half a large pizza (after I already ate dinner) with my boy watching the MLB playoffs - Broke into the Halloween candy (ate about 5 Snickers in about 5 days) - Ate out for lunch every day - Ate some cheesecake at my Mom's - Ate some chips with dip - Ate half a bowl of popcorn with the bride - Ate a couple of bagels - Ate dinner at a Mexican joint (enchiladas and 3 beers) - Ate WAY TOO MUCH!

Walking - None!

So yeah - A terrible week and I'm not getting on the scale.
FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Okay, let's get real here. I get the feeling that you might have taken on too much at one time. Too many changes and maybe it felt too confining--too much restriction---too much deprivation. Or...I'm just projecting. :D

Ceeboo can you pick just one small change? Like...pick one single food to trade out for something healthier OR eat to your heart's content (stuff yourself silly if you want) and just restart your walking routine?

Like...just...one...thing. Based on my own experience, one small change led to another until what is it--6-8 years down the road-- it's resulted in a complete transformation of my nutritional intake.

I started with bread. Just bread.

Once I got the hang of it, I went on to other food categories.

It's okay to fall off the wagon. We all do it. I remember at one point in the original Score thread as I was commenting on exercise, Cam (he won't remember this, but I sure do) who had been offering advice and encouragement the whole time, came into the thread and said that at that point, *I* was inspiring *him*. :o

Ceeboo...you could always incorporate some other non-wellness practice into your daily routine. Example, if you were to plug in 30 minutes of scripture study each day or set a new personal policy such as no television/electronics after 10 p.m. That would help to jump start a new discipline. Get what I mean? Then you go to the hell yeah, I'm going to walk today stage!

You just need to feel successful at one small thing and that lights the spark.

I'm telling you, one small change begets the next small change, and then somewhere down the road you look back and realize you are living your best granola life and hoarding dark chocolate covered almonds from Walmart. :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh and get this, Ceebs. For myself and talking about years down the road...I have been released from regular follow on appointments with both my cardiology professionals for ONE YEAR. That is major in my life since all that mess with a heart rhythm disorder! MAJOR. Pretty nice to have your docs say go on, get out of here, you don't need me!

Try again, Ceeboo. Make your docs kick you to the curb! :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Ceeboo...do you have a thing for new clothes at all? Like would you want to go on Zappos and treat yourself to a new high end pair of running shoes? Would that help anything re:motivation?

Don't mind me, I'm just throwing things against the wall to see if anything sticks.

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Ate terrible all week - Ben and Jerry's Cookie dough AND a 2 huge bowls of Rocky Road (Freaking awesome!) - Ate half a large pizza (after I already ate dinner) with my boy watching the MLB playoffs - Broke into the Halloween candy (ate about 5 Snickers in about 5 days) - Ate out for lunch every day - Ate some cheesecake at my Mom's - Ate some chips with dip - Ate half a bowl of popcorn with the bride - Ate a couple of bagels - Ate dinner at a Mexican joint (enchiladas and 3 beers) - Ate WAY TOO MUCH!
Ceeboo, sounds like there’s a lot of good quality ‘family and friend’ times going on, there. This is the most difficult scenario to overcome (the richness of your social life affects the richness of your food intake, lol) and this is the most difficult time of the year to do it, with the holidays right around the corner.

Don’t rake yourself over the coals if you’re getting off to a rocky start. Just keep your goal in mind, and pick some small battles to build good habits. Worry less about the weight and more about the habits at this point. Keep working tiny changes into your daily routine, and by the time that the worst (tastiest) part of the holiday season is behind us (literally and figuratively, lol), you’ll be ready to move ahead into the new year with a firm resolve. : )
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 pm
ceeboo wrote:
I have been a very bad boy! :oops:

Did not weigh in (Don't want to know)

Walking - None!

So yeah - A terrible week and I'm not getting on the scale.
FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Okay, let's get real here. I get the feeling that you might have taken on too much at one time. Too many changes and maybe it felt too confining--too much restriction---too much deprivation. Or...I'm just projecting. :D

Ceeboo can you pick just one small change? Like...pick one single food to trade out for something healthier OR eat to your heart's content (stuff yourself silly if you want) and just restart your walking routine?

Like...just...one...thing. Based on my own experience, one small change led to another until what is it--6-8 years down the road-- it's resulted in a complete transformation of my nutritional intake.

I started with bread. Just bread.

Once I got the hang of it, I went on to other food categories.

It's okay to fall off the wagon. We all do it. I remember at one point in the original Score thread as I was commenting on exercise, Cam (he won't remember this, but I sure do) who had been offering advice and encouragement the whole time, came into the thread and said that at that point, *I* was inspiring *him*. :o

Ceeboo...you could always incorporate some other non-wellness practice into your daily routine. Example, if you were to plug in 30 minutes of scripture study each day or set a new personal policy such as no television/electronics after 10 p.m. That would help to jump start a new discipline. Get what I mean? Then you go to the hell yeah, I'm going to walk today stage!

You just need to feel successful at one small thing and that lights the spark.

I'm telling you, one small change begets the next small change, and then somewhere down the road you look back and realize you are living your best granola life and hoarding dark chocolate covered almonds from Walmart. :lol:
Well duh!! I think it was Atlanticmike who said eat what you regularly eat and just walk it off. But you and a couple other posters suggested changing up the diet. I agree with Mike, bad idea.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Many thanks to all for the recent thread contributions. Much appreciated!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:32 am
Well duh!! I think it was Atlanticmike who said eat what you regularly eat and just walk it off. But you and a couple other posters suggested changing up the diet. I agree with Mike, bad idea.
Please tell me how much walking is required to walk off the following:

- Ben and Jerry's Cookie dough + 2 huge bowls of Rocky Road
- Half a large pizza (after already eating dinner)
- Halloween candy (about 5 Snickers in about 5 days)
- Ate out for lunch every day
- Some cheesecake
- Chips with dip
- Half a bowl of popcorn
- A couple of bagels
- Dinner at a Mexican joint (enchiladas and 3 beers)

Sometimes, just taking one less bite makes a huge difference over time. And it’s much faster than trying to walk off that bite.

Don’t limit Ceeboo. He’s a smart cookie.* And Atlanticmike has a pot belly, anyway. :D

*food reference is intentional
Tinfoilhat
Valiant A

Post by Tinfoilhat »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:32 pm
Tinfoilhat wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:32 am
Please tell me how much walking is required to walk off the following:

- Ben and Jerry's Cookie dough + 2 huge bowls of Rocky Road
- Half a large pizza (after already eating dinner)
- Halloween candy (about 5 Snickers in about 5 days)
- Ate out for lunch every day
- Some cheesecake
- Chips with dip
- Half a bowl of popcorn
- A couple of bagels
- Dinner at a Mexican joint (enchiladas and 3 beers)

Sometimes, just taking one less bite makes a huge difference over time. And it’s much faster than trying to walk off that bite.

Don’t limit Ceeboo. He’s a smart cookie.* And Atlanticmike has a pot belly, anyway. :D

*food reference is intentional
I'm not limiting ceeboo. I agree with Atlanticmike that a lot of the posters on this board aren't taking into consideration the huge psychological impact changing up your diet can have, even just a little bit. If I remember correctly, Atlanticmike suggested not changing any diet at all the first month, just start walking for atleast an hour and a half the first month. Usually that will on average will end up being a 8 to 10lbs weight loss. Then, very very slowly make changes to your diet. I also liked AMs idea wearing a vest or belt and adding weight as the pounds start melting off.

I've never met AM so I couldn't tell you if he has a pot belly or not. But after reading a lot of his post he probably smokes pot while posting, why else would he come across as totally high!🤗
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Tinfoilhat wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:49 pm
I'm not limiting ceeboo.
If you’re suggesting that he can’t sometimes put a fork down, then you might be.

I agree with Atlanticmike that a lot of the posters on this board aren't taking into consideration the huge psychological impact changing up your diet can have, even just a little bit. If I remember correctly, Atlanticmike suggested not changing any diet at all the first month, just start walking for atleast an hour and a half the first month.

You’re consistent in your advice; that’s good. And a walking habit is definitely going to help! But, if you’re talking about psychological hurdles, asking a generally sedentary person to suddenly start walking 1.5 hours a day may also be a bit of a psychological hurdle. ; )

Usually that will on average will end up being a 8 to 10lbs weight loss. Then, very very slowly make changes to your diet. I also liked AMs idea wearing a vest or belt and adding weight as the pounds start melting off.

At about 1.5 hours, that’s around 400-450 calories each day. That will be around 4 pounds a month. A good start. But, that 450 calories can also be eliminated by not eating one bagel with some schmear. And not eating something takes no time at all. So both methods can be combined.

I've never met AM so I couldn't tell you if he has a pot belly or not. But after reading a lot of his post he probably smokes pot while posting, why else would he come across as totally high!🤗

Just watch that extra bagel, and you can get back 1.5 hours of your life. : D