Fat - Be - Gone

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ceeboo
God

Re: Fat - Be - Gone

Post by ceeboo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:54 pm
Ceebooooooooooooooo!

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:54 pm
Ceebooooooooooooooo!

How Many Calories Does Sex Burn?

https://www.healthline.com/health/fitne ... 0intensity.

8-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:28 pm

8-)

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:41 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:28 pm

8-)

There's something for everyone on this thread! :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote: What about an air fryer?
Jersey Girl wrote:How Many Calories Does Sex Burn?

This is a great segue. : D
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:41 am
Jersey Girl wrote: What about an air fryer?
Jersey Girl wrote:How Many Calories Does Sex Burn?

This is a great segue. : D

I'm working on my delivery. How'm I doin'? ;)

Slava Ukraini!
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Oils and fats are unbelievably dense in calories. Unfortunately I’m pretty sure that’s exactly why they are yummy. Our brains are evolved to react to so many calories in such a small volume with, “Now I won’t starve for days! Oh rejoice!”

You’re supposed to be able to deep-fry stuff at high temperatures and drain it well, and not end up consuming much oil. I dunno though. I suspect that anything fried in oil or fat is just a calorie bomb and that there’s no healthy substitute. Smaller portions less often may be the only way.

You can sort of compensate by loading up on herbs and spices. They’re not the same but they are also good.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I am late to this party, but I will say that I started one of those intermittent fasting diets and have stuck with it. Basically, I am lazy, and not eating except within an 8-hour window is about all I can handle. I don’t eat breakfast, and I make sure to eat lunch and dinner inside that window. I don’t do a lot more than that. I do have coffee in the morning because evidently it does not pass the threshold that takes you out of fasting. I lost about 20 pounds this way, but the weight loss came to a standstill. I would have to exercise more (I walk at a fast clip for a few miles but that is about it) or decrease my calorie intake (not gonna do that) in order to lose more. I’m just not that motivated to do either thing.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:13 am
(10/14/21) Week three weigh in - Current weight - 221

{snip}

Also, thinking about joining a gym to move! - Thinking about the weather changing soon (cold/snow/ice) - So yeah.

See you in 1 week!
Great work Ceebs! Keep up those excellent changes. Small improvements across the board will continue to stack up. A gym can be a viable path for activity but don't think that is your only option. Assuming you have the space and funds a piece of in-home exercise equipment like a bike or treadmill can be a great option that is actually cheaper in the long run if you only plan to do cardio at the gym. You can also often find lightly used (read as "used as a clothes hanger") equipment on things like local Facebook selling pages or Craigslist. The benefit of that is it can often be easier to squeeze in 30 minutes of moderate movement if you don't have to factor in things like travel time or equipment availability.

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:09 pm
Wondering if anyone here has an air fryer? We haven't got one but it seems to be a great way to get fries without all the crap.
I mentioned in one of my earlier meal preparation posts that we use the Ninja Foodi. It is an air fryer, pressure cooker, steamer, slow cooker, etc all in one. I'm not usually one for kitchen tech but it has honestly been a great addition. Air frying is absolutely a great way to satisfy some cravings without throwing all your hard work out of the window. We even take it a step further and I air fry veggie tots instead of standard potatoes. Green Giant makes a really great set of veggie tots (I'm partial to the broccoli ones) if your local grocery doesn't have a store brand. I'm sure someone a bit more industrious than me could make their own as well.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Thanks to all for the posts - Appreciated!

Hey Kish!
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:29 am
I am late to this party, but I will say that I started one of those intermittent fasting diets and have stuck with it. Basically, I am lazy, and not eating except within an 8-hour window is about all I can handle. I don’t eat breakfast, and I make sure to eat lunch and dinner inside that window. I don’t do a lot more than that. I do have coffee in the morning because evidently it does not pass the threshold that takes you out of fasting. I lost about 20 pounds this way, but the weight loss came to a standstill. I would have to exercise more (I walk at a fast clip for a few miles but that is about it) or decrease my calorie intake (not gonna do that) in order to lose more. I’m just not that motivated to do either thing.
It's never too late to join the party - Glad you showed up! Congratulations on the 20 pound drop. How long did this take you? And, if you could wave the magic wand, how much more would you like to lose, if any?