Obama: Open Borders are unsustainable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Re: Obama: Open Borders are unsustainable

Post by Alf'Omega »

One must wonder why all the apprehensions if the border is "open."

Idiots.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

“We have borders,” Obama said in an interview with ABC News host Robin Roberts. “The idea that we can just have open borders is something that … as a practical matter, is unsustainable.”
President Obama's statement that "open borders are unsustainable" has to be taken to task by Ajax, because it is true.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:23 pm
One must wonder why all the apprehensions if the border is "open."

Idiots.
It's called catch and release. Not to mention the fact that if you manage to catch 1.6 million illegal immigrants, there's at least another 5 million that you didn't catch.

Then when the situation gets too ugly for even the mainstream media to hide, we try to shift the focus by saying there is a live video of an ICE officer whipping a Hatian illegal immigrant just like they did their slaves in the confederacy when in fact it turns out he was just using the reins to steer his horse. But if the administration keeps repeating it enough, it becomes true.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

And of course Xanax pivots to the next grievance. :roll:
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

The reality is they represent much needed labor.
So why did Obama say open borders is unsustainable?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Because that's a true statement and Biden's press secretary agreed with it as well. So where is the controversy? There is none outside of deluded Right Wing minds. I thought you were supposed to be this educated doctor type, but after asking idiotic questions like this and after reading through your rants full of misspelled words on Stormfront, I'm convinced you're just a fraud in every sense of the term.

The fact is migrants crossing the border today are deported just as they were during Obama. This nonsense about "open borders" is of your own making.
If illegal immigrants are a net benefit to the economy, how can it be true that open borders are unsustainable?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:03 pm
Because that's a true statement and Biden's press secretary agreed with it as well. So where is the controversy? There is none outside of deluded Right Wing minds. I thought you were supposed to be this educated doctor type, but after asking idiotic questions like this and after reading through your rants full of misspelled words on Stormfront, I'm convinced you're just a fraud in every sense of the term.

The fact is migrants crossing the border today are deported just as they were during Obama. This nonsense about "open borders" is of your own making.
If illegal immigrants are a net benefit to the economy, how can it be true that open borders are unsustainable?
The simple basics of supply and demand. Assume that today, adding one undocumented worker is a net benefit to the overall economy. As we keep adding additional workers, we would expect that net benefit to decrease per worker. At some point, the next worker added has a neutral effect, and from then on each new worker is a net detriment. The mistake you are making is comparing the effect of adding one additional worker with adding unlimited additional workers.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

The mistake you are making is comparing the effect of adding one additional worker with adding unlimited additional workers.
Why does any of that matter when enforcing the border is considered racist and immoral. The American voter has had no say in how many immigrants become a detriment to the economy since 1962.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:00 pm
The mistake you are making is comparing the effect of adding one additional worker with adding unlimited additional workers.
Why does any of that matter when enforcing the border is considered racist and immoral. The American voter has had no say in how many immigrants become a detriment to the economy since 1962.
Why are you asking me why the answer to your own question matters? And why do you think that “enforcing the border” is considered racist and immoral. We enforce the border now.

You live in a representative democracy. As an American vote, you have as much say on immigration as you do in any other issue.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Cultellus wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:21 pm
And why do you think that “enforcing the border” is considered racist and immoral. We enforce the border now.

You live in a representative democracy. As an American vote, you have as much say on immigration as you do in any other issue.
Is this meant to be a joke or is it just an accidental joke? Either way, the joke is well made and I like it.
Which “this” are you talking about?
he/him